Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
Mick also lied and told me he owned the name Fleetwood Mac and that Bob Would be in the RRHOF. He would see to it. Instead both of them have deleted Bob from all places on their sites as if he never existed. Check out I tunes and Mick's Wickipedia page he wrote and his site. Everytime someone posts on any of their sites that they would like to see Bob in the RRHOF, it is deleted.
This is the first I've ever heard of Mick owning the Fleetwood Mac name... but I guess it does make sense. Peter Green probably gave his half of the ownership to Mick many decades ago. However, I doubt Mick is the man behind the curtain who is systematically editing Fleetwood Mac history. I have never heard Mick say anything other than gushing things about Bob, and his absolute vital role in Fleetwood Mac history. My guess is Fleetwood Mac's current management or perhaps Warner Bros is at fault for this editing of the Fleetwood Mac story. They probably see more money to be made by "simplifying" Fleetwood Mac, and keeping the focus on the Rumours incarnation of the band. It's all about the almighty dollar, unfortunately.

If Mick has a fault in all of this, I would think it'd be the fact he's just too damned amiable, and wants to please absolutely everyone involved. I have no doubt he'd love to see Bob in the Hall. Undoubtedly, he also understands Christine's point of view on this subject as well. Unfortunately, I think the bottom line is if Christine doesn't want Bob in the Hall of Fame, then that's probably the way it will stay. Mick no doubt is not willing to stir that pot... I know in his heart of hearts, he wants Christine to return to the band, and would do nothing to jeopardize that. I don't think a single member of the band would challenge Christine on this subject, either. I asked John about Bob's omission from the Rock Hall some years ago, and he gave me a noncommital answer. And as another example of political powerplay, it now seems Christine wants to return in a partial capacity to Fleetwood Mac, but Lindsey is the one blocking that. And so it continues, ad nauseum. Fleetwood Mac is an exercise in politics, ego, and power plays.

Regarding Fleetwood Mac/their management/Warner Bros having any ownership/influence on this site, I wish the truth were as exotic as that.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 10-14-2013 at 03:41 PM..
Old 10-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart John McVie

Please pray for John Mcvie and his family and friends. I tried to start a new thread, but I just don't know how, but I think he should have his own name up there with Mick, Chris and Steve and Lindsey. Please help me to post it if you know how. I am truly not to good at this. But we all need to discuss how he is doing.

Bob and I always had a sweet spot in our hearts for John and know what a beautiful soul he really is. I think he should have his name on here with the rest of FM.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please pray for John Mcvie and his family and friends. I tried to start a new thread, but I just don't know how, but I think he should have his own name up there with Mick, Chris and Steve and Lindsey. Please help me to post it if you know how. I am truly not to good at this. But we all need to discuss how he is doing.

Bob and I always had a sweet spot in our hearts for John and know what a beautiful soul he really is. I think he should have his name on here with the rest of FM.
Somebody has started a post in the Rumours thread:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52856
Old 10-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default My RRHOF Blog Post for Bob

I shared this on Facebook some months back but I thought it warranted further circulation. Here's hoping it helps!

http://ravesbydave.hubpages.com/hub/...l-Hall-Of-Fame

Note to Wendy: I hadn't checked in a while but the Facebook likes are up to 105 for this!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Junior Ledgie

I was crushed when I read this. All my thoughts and prayers to John and his family.

Quote:

Old 10-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Owner of the Fleetwood MAC Name

During the lawsuit with Clifford Davis/Adams when he put out the fake FM and the band sued him that is when John and Mick became owners of the name Fleetwood Mac by court order.

Also, so you know Christine is the REAL reason Bob quite Fleetwood Mac. The day after she threw a drink in his face before a gig because he was the only male in the band that she could take her drunken hostilities out on without being hit back.

Just so you know, John was not any worse to Christine than she was to him. She did chase around the Holiday Inn with a butcher knife one night and scared Bob to death.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default If you know any Fleetwood Mac members or heirs, pre 1975

If you know any Fleetwood Mac songwriters pre 1975, I have spent three years trying to track down royalties previously published by their manager Clifford Davis/Clifford Adams, who wasn't paying Bob. I know who the publishers are. Tell these members or relatives to contact me in a private message on my facebook page - Wendy Welch.1232.
Thank, cause I know they want their money just as Bob and I did. Hope this helps some of the previous songwriters for FM.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
During the lawsuit with Clifford Davis/Adams when he put out the fake FM and the band sued him that is when John and Mick became owners of the name Fleetwood Mac by court order.

Also, so you know Christine is the REAL reason Bob quite Fleetwood Mac. The day after she threw a drink in his face before a gig because he was the only male in the band that she could take her drunken hostilities out on without being hit back.

Just so you know, John was not any worse to Christine than she was to him. She did chase around the Holiday Inn with a butcher knife one night and scared Bob to death.
Wendy,

Have you ever thought about writing a book? Could be interesting. I'd love to hear Bob Welch's story through the eyes of his wife.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Please stop posting such things about Christine. I love Bob's music and appreciated his thoughtful Q and A sessions. In neither of those sessions did he feel the need to share either story you recount above. Neither did Mick in his bio. If indeed either of these stories is true, there must have been reasons they decided not to share them, despite ample opportunity to do so: I suspect such reasons were tied to their respect for her. I wish you would do the same with these second-hand accounts.

I also highly doubt one person and one incident was responsible for Bob's decision to leave in 74.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We DO have a butcher knife story already, but it was told with John as the one wielding it.

Michele
Old 10-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
We DO have a butcher knife story already, but it was told with John as the one wielding it.

Michele
And a drink in the face story, though it is Christine doing it to Lindsey.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Bob Welch Biography

Bob has written a book in his own words, verifying everything I have said in his words. It will be put out so I don't care what any of you say. It is backed up in his words about Christine, Mick and John and numerous witnesses. So don't even think about disputing me! I have no reason to diss anybody, it's just time you knew the truth.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
And a drink in the face story, though it is Christine doing it to Lindsey.
What are the odds that John and Christine both chased each other around with butcher knives? That's a lot of cleaving for one family.

Aside from throwing the drink at Lindsey, we see Christine throw a drink at Mick too on video, but she is playing with him and he dared her. We often joke about Christine throwing drinks on this board. Once a person has a reputation for doing something even once, you can easily just add on an incident to the legacy like a "me too" thing.

Michele
Old 10-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default The truth

It was Christine, not John with the butcher knife. She may have thrown a drink in Lindseys face as well, but she certainly did the same to Bob the day before he quit. And it will be in the book in his own words. I don't like arguin with fans, but I do know all the stories that Bob had typed up and that he told me over and over. You were not in the know and believe me, Bob was! It will be out in the book with witnesses to it, it was not a joke, and I have no fear of being sued over Bob's hand written and typed words. You all may be shocked at the truth. I am sorry if you cannot accept it.

Last edited by Wendy Welch; 10-31-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Old 10-31-2013, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was Christine, not John with the butcher knife. She may have thrown a drink in Lindseys face as well, but she certainly did the same to Bob the day before he quit. And it will be in the book in his own words. I don't like arguin with fans, but I do know all the stories that Bob had typed up and that he told me over and over. You were not in the know and believe me, Bob was!
I'm not arguing with you one way or another. I would love to see you publish Bob's book and then we'll all judge its content ourselves, as to what we believe, what we don't, what we question, and what resolves questions we've long had. We may come to conclusions that are correct or incorrect, but it's going to be a subjective thing on a person by person basis. Our standards for credibility all differ.

Either way, I think editing and publishing that book is one of the best things you can do to carry on his memory. I think that will make a greater mark than the RRHOF, when all is said and done.

Michele