User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I think it is fair to say that more people would hear her new songs if they were presented on a FM album over another solo disc.
I would say that too.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I think it is fair to say that more people would hear her new songs if they were presented on a FM album over another solo disc.
Heck, WB barely wanted SYW. Why would they want this one? Unless there was something special about it that would help them market it ...

Michele
Old 09-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Heck, WB barely wanted SYW. Why would they want this one? Unless there was something special about it that would help them market it ...
The only thing I see is them getting Christine back, which I doubt would happen even despite all this.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Simple solution to that problem that is easy to say, but not to do: Get Christine to record, don't pressure her to tour, let her decide. And Stevie will drop everything.
This is exactly how I see it, as well.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
There's HUGE Fleetwood Mac hype lately, certainly over here in the UK anyway. The whole UK tour sold out in 15 minutes (which didn't happen with Unleashed), the Rumours reissue shot up to #3 in the album charts, "Everywhere" entered the charts at #15 following an ad campaign by 02, "Don't Stop" charted again recently following a cover on a different ad campaign and the EP did pretty well too. I'm not sure why the sudden surge in interest, but they're massive again here.

There seems to be new respect and appreciation for all things Mac related. Some music magazine, I can't remember which, recently gave away a Rumours tribute album with songs performed by up and coming indie bands and artists so I think that generated a lot of hype too.

Regardless of what Stevie thinks about 300,000 album sales being low, there's still money to be made in a new release from Fleetwood Mac. Especially if Christine were to come on board just for the studio. Stevie and Lindsey have both said how much fun they had cutting the new tracks for the EP, so maybe Chris could sign on to do the album but not tour, or just appear at the UK shows as a guest appearance - don't know about anyone else, but I'd certainly be happy with that.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love a new Fleetwood Mac album, with or without Christine.

I was actually thinking that a new album would be the perfect time for some more reissues. For example, a Mirage reissue, and a SYW vinyl release could happen at the same time as a new album, each promoting sales of the others.

The early 2013 Rumours reissue would have been the best time for other reissues...
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Preferably with her, but I'll tune in without.

Agreed. A Mirage/Tango reissue is long overdue (also remasters of 1971-1974 albums, but that's another can of worms).

Old 09-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I was actually thinking that a new album would be the perfect time for some more reissues. For example, a Mirage reissue, and a SYW vinyl release could happen at the same time as a new album, each promoting sales of the others.
Mick was asked about the reissues of Mirage and Tango at the M&G yesterday. He said he thought Warner Bros were already on with it, but that the band themselves had very little involvement in it.

He also said that the reason that an album didn't happen after Unleashed, was because Mick only quit drinking in 2011 and was still a heavy drinker in 09 and Stevie and Lindsey didn't want to work with him if he was drunk all the time.

Not sure what truth is in the above, but that's what Mick said.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
He also said that the reason that an album didn't happen after Unleashed, was because Mick only quit drinking in 2011 and was still a heavy drinker in 09 and Stevie and Lindsey didn't want to work with him if he was drunk all the time.
Wow, that is suprisingly honest.

Quote:
Mick was asked about the reissues of Mirage and Tango at the M&G yesterday. He said he thought Warner Bros were already on with it, but that the band themselves had very little involvement in it.
I'm not surprised that the band has little invovlement, but I am very surprised to hear that Warner is 'on with it'! I hope this really happens, and that vinyl reissues are part of the deal as well!
Old 09-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, that is suprisingly honest.
I didn't go to the meet, but a friend I met up with at the arena before the show went and he said the same thing - Mick was very open and honest.

He also said that the band were indirectly asked to do Glastonbury, but had to turn it down due to some member(s) not wanting to "slum it".
Old 09-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't go to the meet, but a friend I met up with at the arena before the show went and he said the same thing - Mick was very open and honest.

He also said that the band were indirectly asked to do Glastonbury, but had to turn it down due to some member(s) not wanting to "slum it".

Some member(s)? Gee, who could that be? A certain member who detests sunlight?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some member(s)? Gee, who could that be? A certain member who detests sunlight?
Maybe the one who has a disdain for the steakhouse circuit.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Maybe the one who has a disdain for the steakhouse circuit.
I'm not sure I understand that comment.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand that comment.
Lindsey.

*Didn't want to play "inferior" gigs as Buckingham Nicks.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[I didn't think WB was interested]

New Fleetwood Mac Album Up to Stevie Nicks

Russell Hall 09.25.2013,

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyl...vie-Nicks.aspx

In a just-published interview with M Music & Musicians, Lindsey Buckingham said, “The way we do things in Fleetwood Mac is always a political mine field. If it’s not Stevie, it’s me—someone is always causing trouble. [laughs] I know Warner Brothers is dying to get an album from us, even though we’re not signed to them anymore. Stevie needs to come to the table with some material. In order to contemplate a new album, she has to want to do it.”

Buckingham went on to say that Nicks’ positive experience making In Your Dreams, her 2012 solo album, complicates the prospects for a new Fleetwood Mac LP. “She had a wonderful experience making that album,” he says. “She hasn’t said this—this is just me—but knowing Stevie, she’s probably thinking, ‘If I have to write five new songs, do I want to give them to Fleetwood Mac?’ And that’s fair enough. I think she’s feeling a bit protective and territorial about the experience she had doing her solo project. And I can totally relate to that.”

Fleetwood Mac is currently on the European leg of their 2013 tour.
Thank you for your honesty Lindsey!!!!!!!!!