User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2018, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow, I actually agree with this. $he has no family AND $he's insufferable. And because $he has no other purpose than to gather fame and stay relevant, $he's become worse. And $he feeds a lot of mouths with her touring and FM $$. They must run her pathetic life for her.
Well Christine doesn't have a family either...
Old 10-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise5 View Post
So what if Stevie and Christine never had kids? Does not diminish them one whit. Childfree people are full humans in their own right. And you're spot on about the mysoginism - no one says anything of the kind about men!! What if Stevie and/or Chris had kids, and left them at home with their husbands while the ladies went on tour...they'd be called 'bad moms.' But when Mick, John, and Lindsey leave their kids at home with their wives, it's considered perfectly normal.
I think its because the mom is the one who carried the child inside her so its expected that she would have a deeper bond.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
My Little Demon as a hymn to his penis?
Projecting much?

All of my friends, all telling me
That I just ain't the man I used to be

An ode to personality issues, perhaps, but not a penis hymn.
(Edit: And I may not have the broadest command of the rock and roll lexicon, but what man would write a "hymn to his penis" and insist on calling it "Little"?)

Come clearly has its allusions, and when I saw him and the boys rock it live it was a welcome breath of masculinity amidst all the glittering chiffon.

As the band's musical director (apparently), he knew how to help put together a set list, which is why he never would have insisted on doing Come at a three-song gig or at that particular occasion.
OK a frank reflection on his erectile disfunction, then.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Going back to the video. I just watched for the first time as the link was posted on the Mick meet and greet thread on Present Band thread. I think the whole band acts disrespectfully, but people don’t seem to agree with me that at 4:34, Linsey makes the masturbation motion that people make when someone goes on too long or too arrogantly. Does no one else see this motion? Not fireable offense but not just a smirk either.

Regardless, Stevie should be able to speak for 6 minutes without her teammates openly mocking her behind her back in front of an audience.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Going back to the video. I just watched for the first time as the link was posted on the Mick meet and greet thread on Present Band thread. I think the whole band acts disrespectfully, but people don’t seem to agree with me that at 4:34, Linsey makes the masturbation motion that people make when someone goes on too long or too arrogantly. Does no one else see this motion? Not fireable offense but not just a smirk either.

Regardless, Stevie should be able to speak for 6 minutes without her teammates openly mocking her behind her back in front of an audience.
I see the gesture. He and Chris exchange a few words and look up to the right when he makes that gesture. Really unclear what really was going on or what he meant.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:06 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I see the gesture. He and Chris exchange a few words and look up to the right when he makes that gesture. Really unclear what really was going on or what he meant.
He points to something (or someone) stage right or in the audience first.(The Clintons being shown, maybe?) Not sure what exactly is going on there either. It doesn't look like a "masturbation gesture" to me, though, his hand is pretty high for that.
They are clearly mocking her, though. All of them. That's not cool no matter who it is. It's an award presentation, not a concert diatribe they're trying to get her to wrap up.
We can all break down forever " 💔
Old 10-15-2018, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m willing to bet they all got an earful about that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-15-2018, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee View Post
He points to something (or someone) stage right or in the audience first.(The Clintons being shown, maybe?) Not sure what exactly is going on there either. It doesn't look like a "masturbation gesture" to me, though, his hand is pretty high for that.
They are clearly mocking her, though. All of them. That's not cool no matter who it is. It's an award presentation, not a concert diatribe they're trying to get her to wrap up.
As usual, she is rambling, messing up dates, and moving around to all kinds of barely-related topics. But it’s her time to make a speech. And she is talking about some pretty serious and sad sh*t at times, I mean her close friend just died a few months prior and she’s talking about him and later on about her late parents and stuff. The other band members could’ve just hung in there and showed her at least a little respect.
It’s not a fireable offense, and i’m sure it isn’t the only reason he was canned. But I can definitely see her being annoyed by it.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

something I saw in this that really saddens me. Stevie is in a deep state of grief that is really haunting her, if you just look at the serious drug abuse of the past you can see it's self medication to block out a serious hurt or depression inside. That has not gone away.
So, in a constant state of hurt, at this point she sees mortality coming and just simply doesn't care. In spite of Lindsey having a family, in spite of her solo success and friends etc. there is still something between them or this never would have happened.

I think Lindsey has coped with it better over the years but Stevie really has personal issues with it. Doesn't it seem like, if they were truly over each other, this would be totally a non issue? Loss of perspective is putting it too mildly.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
As usual, she is rambling, messing up dates, and moving around to all kinds of barely-related topics. But it’s her time to make a speech. And she is talking about some pretty serious and sad sh*t at times, I mean her close friend just died a few months prior and she’s talking about him and later on about her late parents and stuff. The other band members could’ve just hung in there and showed her at least a little respect.
It’s not a fireable offense, and i’m sure it isn’t the only reason he was canned. But I can definitely see her being annoyed by it.

I agree with all of this. It bothers me to watch this video. I think those who criticize Stevie for this speech are missing the context. This is not her typical endless self-absorbed speech (which I always love because she never used to talk much). She’s in an emotional state. She is never a good public speaker and she’s struggling, resulting in rambling. I am quite certain of this. And to see her friends and longtime teammates poking fun of her, causing the audience to laugh without her knowing why, is disturbing. Lindsey is not the only one at fault.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
She is never a good public speaker
Really?

Depends on one's definitions of "good" and "public" I suppose, but if "prolific" and "in front of people" count, then she should get a Tony.

Wasn't her college major Communications?

Now Christine on the other hand, no one would suggest that she is a natural at public speaking (I mean extended speaking, not just emcee one-liners here and there). Christine never even looks like she's enjoying the attention. Stevie at least comes across as enjoying--even feeding off--the attention and the platform, and hence she seems like a natural public speaker to me. Needless to say though, I wouldn't like her chances of managing to do, say, a TED talk, reading off the script (like Mick seems to be doing in some of his speech here) and within the allotted 20 mins.

(Edit) Which is a shame (re Christine), since she has such an awesome sultry speaking voice. She could woo me until the sun comes up reading the Yellow Pages.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 10-16-2018 at 11:14 AM..
Old 10-16-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
My Little Demon as a hymn to his penis?
Projecting much?

All of my friends, all telling me
That I just ain't the man I used to be

Hard as a rock
Dry as a bone
Big dog little dog
I will take you home

Yeah that's G rated.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Hard as a rock
Dry as a bone
Big dog little dog
I will take you home

Yeah that's G rated.
Sublime, isn't it? Especially when delivered in a nasal yelp while squirming.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Hard as a rock
Dry as a bone
Big dog little dog
I will take you home

Yeah that's G rated.
I fear that those are not the lyrics.

Quote:
Hard as a rock,dry as a bone...
Big or little, know that I will take you home.
http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/...ittledemon.htm

This is what Lindsey said the song is about:
Quote:
You know I think all of us have some inner demons that we struggle with. We all have them, and there's been times when we let them get the best of us probably as well. I think its just important to remember that no one falls into a simple set of labels, and its even more important, I think, to learn from your mistakes and to fight for the positive choice. That's what this song is about."
And this is how a team of Ledge contributors interpreted that stanza back in the day:
Quote:
This demon can be his negative feelings or his past use of drugs...but whatever it is, it is very overwhelming and he knows that no matter if it's big or little, he will take it inside of himself.
Beware of the subtitles on The Dance DVD--they're often hilariously wrong and make little sense (like "big dog little dog").
There's one during Stevie's furious climax to "Silver Springs" that says "Words are fool" or something instead of "Was I such a fool."
Old 10-16-2018, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Sublime, isn't it? Especially when delivered in a nasal yelp while squirming.
Damn you're funny.