User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Can we PLEASE let this one thread, just this ONE thread, not be about Stevie Nicks?

not about SN??? how do you mean?? don't you know you are on TL?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Would she write songs from scratch for a new album, or would she simply modify the ones she's been recording for her solo album we've heard about?
those songs ARE the ones that were planned for an FM album, i don''t have much doubt about that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if she sold her house in Kent?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I just want to make it clear before I set of another load of angry comments, that I don't blame Lindsey for Chris not playing that first London show. It did sound like Chris was willing to play, but it was a group decision that she didn't. I just don't think that playing 1 song at 2 shows, was the best decision for the fans, or the reviews.
she should have played 2 Dublin shows too. and maybe some of the other ones where she was in town with them, if she wanted to (she may have been with them the whole European leg?). but we have no way of knowing what she wanted, how many shows, songs, etc.

many people who didn't get to see the shows with Christine would always feel like they should have gotten the opportunity too. Mick and SN said it will be 2nd and 3rd London shows, and people flew in from the US specifically for those 2 shows. so it's not like it was a surprise, which shows. we were hoping for more, but it didn't happen. i'm secretly hoping she'll join them in Vegas on 30th, but that doesn't mean it will happen.

someone asked how did she like being in their entourage, this tour. well, judging by her saying she would like to rejoin, is there really much doubt?

Old 11-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

not about SN??? how do you mean?? don't you know you are on TL?
Well.....you engaged in the SN discussion too.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love it if they made a 5 piece FM- album and toured it. As long as she promises NEVER to play Little Lies, EVER, I'll be happy. I'm certain that it will increase te vocal blend live and in the studio. And I'm convinced that Lindsey really looks forward to record with her again, and hold back a little on stage. He already did this last tour.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Maybe that comment was code for: "My new songs have a place for harmonies, from voices other than my own. Good harmonies not whatever it was my nephew did to Bad Journey."
it was a code for "these songs are fleetwood mac-y"

Old 11-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
I don't have the tape, it was a friend that showed it to me so I can't watch it but I can say it was the '93 time frame.

John
thanks! wow, so Lindsey said in 1993 that he sees no reasons NOT to return to FM?? what does that mean? i mean he toured solo and FM did another album without him after or in that timeframe? does it mean he said he'd come back after Clinton thing and FM said no?

(sorry louie, to pursue this about LFB, but i've always heard exactly the opposite, so this is a revelation to me.)

Old 11-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
nah... i wouldn't if i was her. but she can maybe rent or buy something in LA or HI if this all goes well...

Old 11-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where would the band record a new album? LA? England Hawaii? Does this mean Chris might return to the US in some capacity?
i think for the parts they can't do long distance / phone /skype / whatever, they will probably record in Lindsey's studio in LA, same as what they did with the 9 songs they recorded so far, last year.

Quote:
Would the band record an album or tour with her first?
i think they may do both. i think if John is doing fine, they probably already said yes to Glasto. so i think they'll have some tour dates towards the summer.

now re AUS/NZ, they seem to like going there when it's summer, so if they can't make it by March (and they probably won't be able to), they will not either do that leg in 2014, or they will again schedule it towards the end of the year.

Quote:
What do we think Chris would have to say about an outside producer for a new album? Would she write songs from scratch for a new album, or would she simply modify the ones she's been recording for her solo album we've heard about?
i'm thinking she might be pretty easy-going towards outside producer or not. Lindsey has been adamant about outside producer, so to me it's a no-brainer there will be one for most songs. now if some of the songs are produced by Froom, while others are produced by someone else (like SN-LB produced WY), there will be non-cohesiveness in the album that everybody will complain about. so i'm curious to see how that will go.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
thanks! wow, so Lindsey said in 1993 that he sees no reasons NOT to return to FM?? what does that mean? i mean he toured solo and FM did another album without him after or in that timeframe? does it mean he said he'd come back after Clinton thing and FM said no?

(sorry louie, to pursue this about LFB, but i've always heard exactly the opposite, so this is a revelation to me.)
No, until 1997 he did say the opposite.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I think Meantime songs were Fleetwood Mac-y. And I think she did too because she did interviews and the questioner said that to her and one time she laughed and said, that was because she wrote all the FM hits. And then she said that it was because she'd learned a lot from Lindsey.

I was thinking about it and Time did not sound as hooky from her and maybe Tusk too, except for Think About Me. But most of her other music since the seventies has been of a pattern from which I hadn't noticed her deviate. But if she sees a distinction in the phases of her music, I'd like to hear her talk about that at greater length.

I'm not a Paul McCartney fan, but I've heard him discuss Early Days and say it's about hearing things about the Beatles that aren't true and thinking that those people weren't there, but he was and you can never take that away from him and some of his comments made me think about FM and I hope that Christine returning will be the occasion for them to do great interviews for posterity.

They don't all 5 have to sit down together. In fact, it's best if they AREN'T together and are alone and can talk more freely. But I'd like some whole group interviews. I hope Playboy asks them for one where they ask them all the same questions individually. Because of their age, I think we need a big comprehensive interview -- that's not about Rumours.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
That's what I got out of it too!
Old 11-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Well.....you engaged in the SN discussion too.
Yes, Elle. Even started it.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That would be burning her bridges all over again.

Well, I guess even if she did, she would still keep the London place.

Michele