User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
viv, who is this flawless man in your pics!?!?
His name is Beto and he resides in Phoenix, Arizona. Yummy.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
His name is Beto and he resides in Phoenix, Arizona. Yummy.
You can say that again viv!!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ATTN:Magazine » Review: The Minutes – Fleetwood
By Ben
Irish Blues boys The Minutes have a thing for Fleetwood Mac, that much is obvious from a mere 10 seconds. Not sure the track name is all that necessary, but hey, it's their gig. Sonically, it's a nice big wall of sound a la Black Rebel ...
ATTN:Magazine - http://www.attnmagazine.co.uk/

Pipistrelle: Crochet Hero - Stevie Nicks
By Deb
I remember watching a documentary about Fleetwood Mac a veeeeery long time ago - in the 80's or early 90's I think. It was part of a series about classic albums, and the album in question was of course 'Rumours'. ...
Pipistrelle - http://pipistrellecrochetdesign.blogspot.com/

The road to achieving a dream: " A Change of Seasons"
By Sarah
She was in Fleetwood Mac and also had a successful solo career. If you listen to songs like " Say You Love Me" from the " Fleetwood Mac White Album" or " You Make Loving Fun" and " Songbird" from the " Rumours" album , you'll hear the ...
The road to achieving a dream - http://sarahanneburke.blogspot.com/

The Pierces (No 858)
The Guardian
Well, they're a couple of Alabama girls who sound quite a bit like Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac. What, today again? That's right: yesterday's pair, Tamaryn, ...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010...nd-the-pierces

All Sheryl Crow wants to do is have some fun at Red Rocks
Metromix Denver
The beautiful and talented singer also played a cover of Fleetwood Mac's “Go Your Own Way” that got the already excited crowd even more excited. ...
http://denver.metromix.com/music/pho...162414/content

My Say: Greatest sad/breakup/heartbreak songs
By Granger
4) Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac Perhaps the most disfunctional band in rock history, Lindsay Buckingham channeled his anger, his frustration, his misery into this classic song of wanting one thing, but getting another. ...
My Say - http://grangersmysay.blogspot.com/

Bestest Song Ever: Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me (DEMO)
By DUSKIN
Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me (DEMO). Bested by DUSKIN. Labels: FLEETWOOD MAC, STEVIE NICKS. 0 Comments: Post a Comment. Older Entries. Search BSE. Loading... Groupies. Contributors. EPak · alexjudson · garagistemusic · The Prospector ...
Bestest Song Ever - http://www.bestestsongever.com/
Old 09-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This singer sounds just like Tom Petty

Listen: White Arrows Covers Fleetwood Mac, Goes All Ibiza for Superhumanoids Remix
LA Weekly (blog)
The first is a slightly tropical-flavored version of Fleetwood Mac's "Save Me a Place," while the second, released yesterday, is a dance remix of White ...
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoasts...za-8050-remix/
Old 09-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default odd sheryl cover

anyone other than me find it odd sheryl covered a lindsey song? she is supposed to be stevie's "rock n roll daughter" . does it seem like a bit of a slap at stevie?
Old 09-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the Guitar Package Guru, Joe Miranda, September 3, 2010

http://www.guitar-packageguru.com/gu...ucial-element/

most of the great bands from the 1960’s through the 1980’s their has always been that crucial element that made them great. Some bands were lucky enough to have more than enough of those elements.

Take Queen for an example had John Deacon playing bass guitar who was more than competent when it came to carrying a song while Brian May showed us what an outstanding electric guitar solo can do for a song, and then there’s Freddie Mercury. Freddie was in my opinion the greatest front-man that has ever graced the stage.

How about Fleetwood Mac and their all star cast. They had three outstanding vocalists in Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, and Lindsey Buckingham. With Christine providing the writing for many of their most popular songs, along with playing keyboards in my opinion she was the catalyst for the band. Of course they had an outstanding drummer in Mick Fleetwood, along with John McVie who provided the driving bass guitar, and Lindsey Buckingham playing electric guitar. What attracted me to the style of Lindsey is that he plays an electric guitar with the finger-picking style of an acoustic guitar.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Ting Tings sound like both Depeche Mode and TLC on different songs included on their new album.

The Ting Tings sound like both Depeche Mode and TLC on their new album.

The 'Be The One' group say every track on their as yet-untitled second album has a completely different sound to it, and veers from gothic electronic pop to 90s girl groups.

Singer and guitarist Katie White exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "It's like every song on the album is completely different to the song that is played after it. So we will have one song that's like dark, dance Depeche mode, and another that sounds like Nancy Sinatra or TLC, like a 90s girl group.

"It's a very strange album, and we're really glad it's turned out this way, we didn't plan it that way but that's how it came about happened."

In preparing the album in Berlin, the group said they also developed something of a mild obsession with 70s blues pop group Fleetwood Mac.

Katie added: "We were listening to The Pet Shop Boys, The Smiths, The Cure and Fleetwood Mac - loads of Fleetwood Mac, we got obsessed with their harmonies and stuff."

The band's other member, Jules De Martino, said they were hoping to make the album like a great playlist on your MP3 player.

He said: "We felt like we wanted to make our album so that every time the next song comes along, it was refreshing just like when you make your own compilation album."

The Ting Tings' new single, 'Hands', will be released on October 11.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...th-pop_1163816
Old 09-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac: Greatest Hits

UK 17 track edition of this compilation highlighting the hugely successful ’70s and ’80s period of the band. The tracks have a different running order than the U.S. version and the song ‘Over My Head’ has been replaced by ‘Seven Wonders’ and ‘Oh Diane’ for this import pressing. .Includes songs such as the Stevie Nicks classics “Rhiannon”, “Dreams”, and “Gypsy”, as well as a number of standout tracks by pianist Christine McVie, including “You Make Lovin’ Fun” and “Say You Love Me”. Additionally, guitarist and songwriter Lindsey Buckingham, who, like Nicks, enjoyed a solo career in addition to putting in time with Fleetwood Mac, is also represented here with excellent songs, including “Go Your Own Way” and “Tusk”. This is an excellent prime

List Price: $ 18.98

Price: $ 7.99

September 08 2010 09:45 am | Soft Rock

5 Responses to “Fleetwood Mac: Greatest Hits”
Westley Says:
September 8th, 2010 at 10:18 am
Review by Westley for Fleetwood Mac: Greatest Hits
Rating:
Fleetwood Mac released their first major greatest hits record with this collection. The CD covers the years 1975 – 1988, when the group consisted of Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood. Although the group formed in 1967 as a blues rock band, they didn’t start having big hits in the United States until this period. The CD includes 14 of their 16 U.S. Top 20 hits – only “Don’t Think About Me” (#20 in 1980) and “Seven Wonders” (#19 in 1987) are excluded.

Fleetwood Mac recorded some of the most brilliant California pop-rock of the 1970s and 1980s, and this collection represents it well. Their enduring popularity is witnessed by the over eight millions copies this record has sold. In addition, having three talented lead singers and song writers helps make their music so varied. I particularly enjoy Stevie’s songs, such as “Rhiannon” (which went to #11, not #5 as stated in the Editorial Review) and “Dreams.”

Two additional songs were recorded for inclusion on this set (Lindsey Buckingham had left the group by then). “As Long as You Follow” features a solid vocal by Christine McVie and peaked on the Top 100 at #43 in 1989. “No Questions Asked” is a somewhat cluttered-sounding song featuring Stevie Nicks that’s not a particularly strong addition.

Since the release of this CD, of course, Fleetwood Mac has reunited. They also subsequently released the 2-disk “The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac,” which covers 35 of their songs. Whether you prefer to purchase this CD or the more extensive one obviously would seem to rest on how much depth your Fleetwood Mac collection already has and how deep you want it to go. I’m sticking with this one as I have several of their studio CDs that help fill in some of the gaps, such as the sublime “Landslide.”

Mike Sarzo Says:
September 8th, 2010 at 11:09 am
Review by Mike Sarzo for Fleetwood Mac: Greatest Hits
Rating:
This album contains many of the charted singles Fleetwood Mac had in its Rumours lineup incarnation, but there were several that may or may not have been singles that could be worthy of a Greatest Hits Volume II – “The Chain,” “Second Hand News,” “Gold Dust Woman,” “Love in Store,” “Sisters of the Moon” from the Mirage video… I remain mystified at some of the choices for the album, such as “As Long As You Follow” for one of two new songs on the album, and I’m puzzled about “Seven Wonders” missing the cut. But, there are plenty of timeless classics on this album (“Rhiannon,” “Dreams” -their only US #1),”Go Your Own Way,” and ESPECIALLY “Gypsy”).

Barron Laycock Says:
September 8th, 2010 at 11:16 am
Review by Barron Laycock for Fleetwood Mac: Greatest Hits
Rating:
Although they recapitulated and brilliantly reinterpreted a lot of the material in here with their marvelous CD, “The Dance” a few years ago, the versions included in this offering are the original studio versions that were both on the original albums and all over the wavelengths of popular FM radio in the seventies and eighties. From the innovative treatment in the opening number of Rhiannon” to the final refrains of “No Questions Asked”, this CD treats the listener to all their favorite Fleetwood Mac songs. And all them are indeed here.Included are “Don’t Stop”, “Go Your Own Way”, “Hold Me”, and “Everywhere”. Of course, no greatest hits album would be complete without “Gypsy”, “You Make Loving Fun”, and “Dreams”. Also here is “Say You Love Me”, “Tusk”, “Sara”, and “Over My Head”. There are few other songs included, so you have well over an hour of exceptional music from one of the most wildly successful rock bands of the last twenty years. This should keep you busy remembering just how good Lindsay Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, the MacVies, and of course, Stevie Nicks were. Who knows, perhaps there will be another reunion! Meanwhile, enjoy this collection of their greatest hits!

Ben C-F Says:
September 8th, 2010 at 11:21 am
Review by Ben C-F for Fleetwood Mac: Greatest Hits
Rating:
This was the first Fleetwood Mac album I bought, some years ago. As such, it was a wonderful introduction to the realm of the band, at least its Buckingham-Nicks lineup (without a doubt their most successful period, and arguably their greatest creatively). Contains the whole gamut of hits, “Rhiannon,” “Go Your Own Way,” “Little Lies,” yada yada yada. And if you’re new to FM, or only know their Rumours stuff (as was my case), this really is a good start. You get to hear Fleetwood Mac at their most radio-friendly, without some of the other aspects of each songwriters’ talent that might take some time to adjust to (Stevie’s six-minute cosmic rants, Lindsey’s insanity). You miss out on a lot (I had no concept of TUSK from hearing this album), there are a couple curious omissions (where’s “The Chain?”), and a band such as Fleetwood Mac really deserves to have its entire catologue heard (otherwise you’d miss gems like “That’s Alright” and “World Turning”), but it is a good CD, and as one guy pointed out, a great party album. The two new songs are pleasent, nothing exceptional– “As Long As You Follow” has a great melody and catchy guitar solo, but the production is a little watered-down in light of the sonic collages from TANGO. However, this is really a great intro to Fleetwood Mac– and actually, I found this compilation better represented the B-N era of the band than THE CHAIN box set. Go buy it!!

Martin A Hogan Says:
September 8th, 2010 at 11:37 am
Review by Martin A Hogan for Fleetwood Mac: Greatest Hits
Rating:
How could anyone not enjoy this 16 song collection of some of Fleetwood Macs’ greatest songs? Noting that it starts with the Nicks/Buckingham period until the nineties, every song is a gem. Included are some lesser known tracks like, “No Questions Asked” and “Little Lies” along with the perennial favorites. I surprised to learn that with all these fantastic hits, only “Dreams” made it to #1 on the Billboard charts, noting that Stevie Nicks had written the lyrics pre-Fleetwood Mac days. Stephen Davis includes some nice liner notes.If this set does not satisfy you, obtain the four disc set called, “The Chain”. That collection includes a full disc of early Fleetwood Mac material from the late sixties/early seventies to the present. Regardless, this CD is a reflection of rockin’ songs we all grew up with.

http://musicupdate.dealsmoster.com/f...greatest-hits/
Old 09-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham had each other. Though the duo broke up almost thirty-five years ago, they both remain subject matters in their song-writing. Stevie and Lindsey have respectively written at least twenty songs about each other in both Fleetwood Mac and solo careers, such as "Dreams", "Go Your Own Way", "Silver Springs", and "Second Hand News". The lyrics off their most recent album, Say You Will, that are speculated to be about each other include, "Maybe now he could prove to her, that he could be good for her. That they should be together" (Stevie) and, "Saw your face yesterday, thinking on the days of old and the price that we paid for a love we couldn't hold" (Lindsey).

http://hipstercrite.blogspot.com/201...f-longing.html
Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So....I walked to the rehearsal studio, and was about to open the door....but I heard them playing music already. They were playing Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide".....I felt my heart race....I mean, I like Fleetwood Mac, don't get me wrong but....I'm not ****ing PLAYING it, or anything LIKE it. So, I made what may have amounted to a chicken**** move: I BOLTED. To my credit, I went straight to Ultra Sound & gave them 10 bucks to let me drum in one of their open rooms for an hour (I did this a LOT and it saved my ASS when I didn't have anything going on. A drummer needs to drum, not only to keep his chops in shape, but in order to FEEL good).

http://mrmartye.blogspot.com/2010/09...-musician.html
Old 09-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac, Rumors

While I think objectively this is one of the highlights of the album-oriented rock era, it doesn't date all that well (I doubt anyone will become a new fan of Fleetwood Mac by reading this). For me, though, it's a shoo-in for this list because of the role the song "Go Your Own Way" (talk about a paean to 70s individualism) played in my high school life. I was a nerdy shy and overweight kid for most of my childhood. Early in high school, my mother passed away from cancer and I started trying much more actively to get attention at school. By the beginning of my senior year, I had finally lost weight, bought some non-polyester clothes, and knew enough people to be comfortable. Then, the honor society got a presentation by a woman from the local Muscular Dystrophy Association about a new type of benefit event: the Dance-a-thon. You had music playing all night and got pledges of a certain amount of money for each hour you danced. The promotional video MDA made for this showed inspirational scenes of MD victims being helped to get their lives in motion again, and the soundtrack was "Go Your Own Way" from "Rumors".

Somehow, my friend Si Steinberg and I immediately took to this idea. We blitzed the Honor Society into being the sponsor, convinced our principal into letting us have an all-school assembly to pitch the idea to the students, and roped virtually every other student organization into playing some part in the production: the Student Council was in charge of soliciting for prizes, the Home Ec club made and sold food all night, the DECA (business) club handled the accounting, etc. It was like something out of a Andy Hardy movie. The event went off, we raised IIRC $7000K+ for MDA, and everybody had a good time and went home exhausted.

In the course of pitching, organizing, and running that event, I must have watched the "Go Your Own Way" promo video over a hundred times. It indelibly imprinted Fleetwood Mac on me and kept me inspired and excited over those hectic months. Most everyone has probably forgotten the Dance Marathon, but it and Fleetwood Mac had a huge part in my life.

http://stoneschool.blogspot.com/2010...k-with-me.html
Old 09-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac and Christine McVie, Together, Ever Again? « 98.7 KLUV
By johnsummers
Fleetwood Mac and Christine McVie, Together, Ever Again? Classic Hits.
98.7 KLUV - http://kluv.radio.com/
Old 09-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Were you there Louie?

Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Second Hand News cover Fleetwood Mac

If you're a Fleetwood Mac fan, I recommend watching the following video... this is a performance I shot and edited of Second Hand News covering the album Rumours in it's entirety at Beauty Bar in Austin.

Second Hand News presents Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" Album Cover from Magic Spoon Productions on Vimeo.

http://magicspoonproductions.blogspo...r-rumours.html
Old 09-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Second Hand News cover Fleetwood Mac

If you're a Fleetwood Mac fan, I recommend watching the following video... this is a performance I shot and edited of Second Hand News covering the album Rumours in it's entirety at Beauty Bar in Austin.

Second Hand News presents Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" Album Cover from Magic Spoon Productions on Vimeo.

http://magicspoonproductions.blogspo...r-rumours.html
Thanks Viv. You sure do get around! I'm all for anyone who wants celebrate the music of Fleetwood Mac. They they were having fun, along with the audience. It's really out of bounds to critque the performance, but I can't resist it!

The girls were not very good singers; in particular the blonde in the top hat. She flapped around awkwardly so much it was very distracting. And there was one too many tamborines. They should have seperated the girls on stage.

However I watch the whole performance. There were some good moments, and laughable ones -- for them being so bad. But that's entertainment in itself. It was interesting hearing them attempt vocal parts of the songs that even Fleetwood Mac doesn't attempt in live performances. "You Make Loving Fun" was...different!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-15-2010 at 07:51 PM..
Old 09-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from the Faster Times, Jeremy Helligar, September 16, 2010

http://thefastertimes.com/pop/2010/0...e-would-it-be/

If You Could Reunite Your Favorite Defunct Band, Which One Would It Be?

Fleetwood Mac

I don’t get it. I love Stevie Nicks as a solo artist, and I find Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie to be quite listenable on their own, so two out of three should be even better than one, right? Wrong. Take any of them out of the Fleetwood Mac equation, and I’m just not buying it. If they ever get around to recording yet another “reunion” album, let’s hope they remember to drag McVie from that castle or farm or wherever she’s retired to and into the studio with them. Otherwise, I’ll just wait for Nicks’s next solo album.