The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:31 PM

Denver had seats halfway up. Not impressed.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is the one concert I will pay up to $750 for one seat as close as I can get. I could go as high as $1000 for front row and I will be there will roses for Christine. This is a ONE in a lifetime event.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is the one concert I will pay up to $750 for one seat as close as I can get. I could go as high as $1000 for front row and I will be there will roses for Christine. This is a ONE in a lifetime event.
Same here. I'm still waiting for more venues in cities like NYC or LA, and if we have no luck, then I'll pack maybe three venues, buy my tickets on StubHub (no matter how much I'll have to pay) and buy my plane tickets.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Check out stub hub now. I bought 2 tickets for Chicago today--4th row center section. $600 total. I kept reading the description out loud to make sure I didn't misunderstand the listing! I was prepared to spend more so these tickets are a bargain.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:34 AM
Ledgie

I purchased one ticket for Atlanta (Chastain) during the Citi presale yesterday (Tuesday). Here was my experience, in case it is helpful for anyone else (YMMV as they say):

- The moment that the Citi presale tickets went on sale, the best ticket that came up was very far back from the stage, half way back in the venue. I passed on that, and continued to re-try.

- For the next 10-15 minutes, similar tickets far back from the stage were all that continued to come up.

- Then maybe 15-20 minutes after the on sale time, suddenly lots of pit (reserved) tickets - far left and right sides of the pit (not center of the pit) - came up.

In my experience going to a lot of concerts over the years, I've sometimes seen a few great tickets come back into inventory when other customers didn't complete their in-process purchase. But I don't think that's what happened in this case. There were so many pit tickets that suddenly came up at once, I suspect that Live Nation intentionally held back that ticket inventory for 15-20 minutes, to harvest sales of tickets much further back from the stage during the first 15-20 minutes.

Anyway, I was able to get a 6th row far side ticket. I'm very picky about where I sit at concerts, I like being within the first couple of rows center, and I have a strong preference to not be sitting at the far right or left side of the stage. But 6th row is very good, and hard to say if anything better will come up during the regular on sale, so I purchased that ticket. Big picture, I'm grateful to be able to see Buckingham McVie in concert soon! And I wonder if Mick and John will be performing with them?

- Note 1: With all the concerts I go to, I've learned over time that if you re-try checking tickets too many times within a short a time, Live Nation (and also Ticketmaster) will temporarily suspend your ability to check for or buy tickets for a while (long enough to effectively shut you out of getting the best tickets). So heads up, don't re-try too many times within a short time window!

- Note 2: official (and very expensive) Platinum tickets were the only way to get close up center pit tickets from Live Nation yesterday. I'm guessing about this: it appears that the venue may have offered advance ticket sales to its season ticket holders or corporate partners, because front center tickets were already on sale on Stubhub yesterday.

Last edited by deluge; 04-19-2017 at 06:53 AM..
Old 04-19-2017, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Got my pair of tickets today. 29 rows from the stage in Raleigh, middle front section. Couldn't sit directly up front cause of the wife's hearing issues but this is damn well worth it. Closest I've ever been to any Mac-related show yet.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My experience with the Amex presale for the Detroit show was the same. Tickets at first were for rows S, T, etc. After 25 minutes I got one ticket in pit 5 on the right side in the second row. I couldn't believe my luck. Guess they were holding back those seats. I even called the venue beforehand and was told season ticket holders got first dibs. So grateful I kept trying.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
My experience with the Amex presale for the Detroit show was the same. Tickets at first were for rows S, T, etc. After 25 minutes I got one ticket in pit 5 on the right side in the second row. I couldn't believe my luck. Guess they were holding back those seats. I even called the venue beforehand and was told season ticket holders got first dibs. So grateful I kept trying.
for Detroit, there are 3 separate single pit tickets showing on TM right now, each in different section and row.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-20-2017, 10:26 AM

Vegas tickets are going fast. The AMEX presale has almost all the front sections gone before the regular sale on Saturday.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:55 PM
Ledgie

Snagged two tickets for Detroit last night. Center row B 160 each off stubhub

Old 04-20-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDoobler View Post
Snagged two tickets for Detroit last night. Center row B 160 each off stubhub
I'm feeling a good amount of jealousy for you.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good for you! I hope these shows sell out everywhere
Old 04-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Officially going to Toronto. Anyone else?
Old 04-20-2017, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Got my tickets!