Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought this was the OSOTM thread?

Old 04-03-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I thought this was the OSOTM thread?

The best thing is that I didn't even want to post it here, I just clicked on the wrong open window.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The instrumental interlude between Parts I and II of You And I is very reminiscent of something that John Stewart would have done.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I hung in there for that album. Then after this I was done. Her voice is still really good on this album. IMO
She started to become soulless after this.
She started to lose me on Rock A Little, although I agree her voice was better on OSOTM. Now Street Angel....I haven't listened to that album in YEARS.

I do like TISL and especially In Your Dreams.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I agree, the Dance saved her solo career, but it also did the same for the legacy of Fleetwood Mac, too. Otherwise, the world's last impressions of them would have been either the inauguration and or touring with REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar. They all benefited from the Dance, Stevie most of all.
I agree and remember being so happy she was singing normally again. That over the top warble/wail was grating to put it mildly. I was a fan again....until recently.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
She started to lose me on Rock A Little, although I agree her voice was better on OSOTM. Now Street Angel....I haven't listened to that album in YEARS.

I do like TISL and especially In Your Dreams.
I don't care for her voice so much on IYD. But, I will say the last half of IYD isn't bad at all. I don't like the 24K. Those songs were made for her young voice.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't care for her voice so much on IYD. But, I will say the last half of IYD isn't bad at all. I don't like the 24K. Those songs were made for her young voice.
Maybe she should get a voice transplant.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I agree and remember being so happy she was singing normally again. That over the top warble/wail was grating to put it mildly. I was a fan again....until recently.
I don't care for Stevie's voice during The Dance. Her voice became flat and it was embarrassing bad during several songs live (I was there). The recording, Silver Springs and much of the "live" performance really was not live. Unless you saw them in concert you got to hear it. My local newspaper even commented that Stevie became fat and flat. The fat part was crude but the flat part was fair. Stevie even hired a voice coach for the tour. So I don't understand the comments about how great she sounded for the Dance. For the first time in concert, Stevie could no longer hit the high notes. This was a big change.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-04-2017 at 04:56 AM..
Old 04-04-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I'm so in love with

Special Kind of Love

Sounds a bit unfinished, but very BuckVie..
This reminds me of Time Bomb Town.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To each their own! I remember being horrified when it was announced 24 KG was going to be the name of that record because all of the demo versions are soooo terrible. And I think the demo of Mabel Normand is awful too. I think The Dealer demos are not awful, just boring. However I love the versions recorded versions for the record.

I think of All the Beautiful Worlds and If You Were My Love as having two versions. The versions in her younger voice are the versions I listen to when I want to dance around (I HATE the ATBW demo they put on TWH, why that version???) and the versions on the 24KG version are darker and more mysterious and I like them when I am in a reflective mood.

I hate I Don't Care, one of her worst songs.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. I really liked In Your Dreams but the production on 24k is so bland! Believe it or not STEVIE sometimes Lindsey can make your songs way more interesting.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
To each their own! I remember being horrified when it was announced 24 KG was going to be the name of that record because all of the demo versions are soooo terrible. And I think the demo of Mabel Normand is awful too. I think The Dealer demos are not awful, just boring. However I love the versions recorded versions for the record.

I think of All the Beautiful Worlds and If You Were My Love as having two versions. The versions in her younger voice are the versions I listen to when I want to dance around (I HATE the ATBW demo they put on TWH, why that version???) and the versions on the 24KG version are darker and more mysterious and I like them when I am in a reflective mood.

I hate I Don't Care, one of her worst songs.
It's definitely a matter of taste for her tunes, era and producers. Very subjective. I loathe when she plays piano. Most people hate Joan of Arc and I love it.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 04-04-2017 at 02:14 PM..
Old 04-04-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
It's definitely a matter of taste for her tunes, era and producers. Very subjective. I loathe when she plays piano. Most people hate Joan of Arc and I love it.
I think there are more admirers for Joan of Arc than you think, there were a lot of people indignant because it wasn't included in the reissue.
But I agree that it's very much a matter of personal tastes, for example I think that 24K Gold is one of her best albums, for me it comes before The Other Side of the Mirror.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I agree. I really liked In Your Dreams but the production on 24k is so bland! Believe it or not STEVIE sometimes Lindsey can make your songs way more interesting.
I just saw Stevie in concert and she said that when she was going to record 24k Gold she told all the players and producers to keep the songs the exact same way because they were too special to mess with. I too don't care for 24k Gold and now I know why. They are good songs but lack some magic and creative input. The demos are good but that is what makes a great producer... turning a good demo into a great song.
Sheryl Crow destroyed TISRL IMHO. Same beat almost every song. The songs all sound like demos like a blob of clay waiting for a good producer to turn them into 24k Gold (sorry I could not resist that one)
Old 04-04-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I think there are more admirers for Joan of Arc than you think, there were a lot of people indignant because it wasn't included in the reissue.
But I agree that it's very much a matter of personal tastes, for example I think that 24K Gold is one of her best albums, for me it comes before The Other Side of the Mirror.
I love OSOTM... I listened to it, yesterday. Shut up, HOMER!