Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Well I think you would like Sister Honey
I didn't even know she has a song called Sister Honey. That's WHY it's so natural for them to call everybody 'honey'!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this particular side of the Forum has got a bit bitchier in recent months.
It bothers me not a jot, this is just an observation.

The obvious reason is Stevie not recording.
People are sad to say the least.
This then gives fuel to the already "unkindness" towards Stevie and arguments and bitching commences.....
Me I'm just a Mac fan.
I like Lindsey and I like Stevie, too.
Both have their faults.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I didn't realize they were best friends.

This is so ridiculous that it makes me want to puke.
She's best friends with every FAMOUS person in the industry! That's why we love her soooo much!

So maybe that story about her family calling Lindsey to help her with her addiction because he was the only one that could reach to her ... it wasn't Lindsey, it was Prince!!!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-17-2017, 06:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I think this particular side of the Forum has got a bit bitchier in recent months.
It bothers me not a jot, this is just an observation.

The obvious reason is Stevie not recording.
People are sad to say the least.
This then gives fuel to the already "unkindness" towards Stevie and arguments and bitching commences.....
Me I'm just a Mac fan.
I like Lindsey and I like Stevie, too.
Both have their faults.
It's not that Stevie won't record with the band because she likes to sleep until 3pm. She recorded FM, Rumours, Tusk, Tango, Behind the Mask, and Say You Will with them, so that's not the issue. She doesn't want to record with Lindsay, that's all. Unfortunate, but true. So people express their anger or frustration by 'joking around' on here with unnecessary comments. But calling people who post here 'pathetic' is crossing the line- the rules say not to do that, so I don't understand why the moderators haven't intervened.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It's not that Stevie won't record with the band because she likes to sleep until 3pm. She recorded FM, Rumours, Tusk, Tango, Behind the Mask, and Say You Will with them, so that's not the issue. She doesn't want to record with Lindsay, that's all. Unfortunate, but true. So people express their anger or frustration by 'joking around' on here with unnecessary comments. But calling people who post here 'pathetic' is crossing the line- the rules say not to do that, so I don't understand why the moderators haven't intervened.
I've actually seen a lot worse. This has been pretty tame compared to some of the other things I've been called.

I'm in Australia so my sleep habits aren't quite right yet. BTW BWboy, I hope you go to the Ohio show. It's so much fun. Cheers mates. I'm on vacation.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the fundamental problem is people don't want to ever admit their heroes have flaws. So when flaws are pointed out, they lash out at whoever points them out. It's the old "shoot the messenger" thing.

I love Stevie. I have loved her since the 70s. Barely a day goes by that I don't listen to her music, which I love. I also think for a long time she did indeed get a hard time from Lindsey and I admired her for not saying in the press the reality of what (I believe) happened at times with him.

That said, she has indeed changed over recent years. This isn't shocking, I mean everyone grows and changes over their life. It would be totally effed up if she was EXACTLY the same person she was ten years ago, let alone 30 or 40 years ago. We grow. We change how we feel about things. We soften on some things and we harden on some things.

If we accept that she's not a total pathological liar and actually believe her in some of what she's said recently (not just the Oz interview), she's now in the mindset that it's not worth recording with FM ever again, that she only wants to work with Lindsey when she "has to", she finds FM tours a bit boring and not creatively fulfilling, yet she will still do them because they sell well and make money. Records don't so the strain of making them (with FM/LB) is no longer worth it to her. She's a legend. Hoteliers in Italy need to frame her words because they are so spectacular, etc etc.

Look, she's pushing 70. She's done it all a million times. She knows what she wants and knows who she is and when you get older you get a bit crankier and more set in your ways. Whatever she says about Lindsey changes depending on what day it is, what their last interaction was, etc etc.

These are her foibles. They might disappoint you, but they are part of who she is now. Maybe she was always like this and we just never saw it. Or maybe it's age. Who knows. But lashing out at people who are only commenting on her own words and expressing how those words make them feel won't change reality.
Yes, I totally agree with this. I love Stevie, too; people change. I know she said that her #1 priority was FM, but this apparently has changed. I hate to see people bash her. If she choses to leave the band & do her own thing, so be it.

At the time, yeah, maybe she thought Lindsey was "Mr. Useless". I'm sure she doesn't think so now. They were really young then. She felt he should just stay put & work on the music while she was the breadwinner.

So in conclusion, I'm just saying, yeah, people have a right to their opinion about Stevie, but the bad stuff they say it is hurtful to her & her fans.

Lee
Old 08-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i almost feel sad for her.
No need, she's just fine.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I think most of us know that everyone has flaws, including Stevie and every single member of this band. People on here who like Stevie and her solo work just get fed up with the regular trashing of her and her fans.

It is ok for us to attempt to get across out point of view, just once in a while.
I agree there is no need to trash a poster for his/her opinions if you disagree with them.... just disagree with their opinion. We can disagree without being disagreeable.

I'm a Stevie fan, so if anyone thinks I'm a twit, so be it.

I'm also majorly just a fan of the entire BAND... I have and will continue to see all of them solo and in whatever configuration the band is at any point in time.

I think there is a bit of snobbery among those who are fans of the band towards those who really are only fans of one individual member, i.e. those who would not go see FM if their favorite member was not there (be that Stevie, Lindsey, or Christine). I think it strikes some people as odd those fans would come into this, the BAND forum, and then get upset at what they read, rather than just go to the forum dedicated to their favorite member. If anyone is totally in love with one particular band member, that's great, and there are places where you can marinate in all that love and never hear a bad word. In the band forum, where people talk about ALL the members of the band --- good AND bad, annoying AND endearing traits-- you might hear comments that aren't so flattering about the band member you adore. Especially in times like this, where people feel somewhat ripped off if you like at not seeing all the promise that came with Christine's return being fulfilled.

Stevie said forever how much she missed Christine and would love for her to come back. Well, finally she did..... and Stevie did what feels like a 180 and said "I'm not interested in working on new stuff with FM after all". Does she have this right? Absolutely. Do people feel she's responsible for squashing the dream of the return of the 5? Indeed they do. It isn't really anything to do with does she have the right to do what makes her happy. It's more about the TIMING. Like, "really, you're going to play that card NOW??"

She adds insult to injury when she piles on comments like finding FM tours boring, and working with Lindsey when she "has to" and whatnot. Do we know all the behind-the-scenes drama that may be contributing to this? No.

People need to be able vent their frustration and dashed hopes about the band with others who share that pain. That shouldn't mean bashing other people......but this being The Ledge..... a few digs here and there are pretty tame.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
just disagree with their opinion.
I disagree with most opinions on this thread and take issue with the hateful, often misogynist language used about Stevie. She acted like a professional at the classic shows while Lindsey acted like a child, trashing it in advance in the media and physically showing his immaturity during the shows. So maybe it's all a wash.

Last edited by Buster; 08-17-2017 at 11:59 AM..
Old 08-17-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I disagree with most opinions on this thread and take issue with the hateful, often misogynist language used about Stevie. She acted like a professional at the classic shows while Lindsey acted like a child, trashing it in advance in the media and physically showing his immaturity during the shows. So maybe it's all a wash.
It's an open forum and you have the right to voice your take on the matters. That's the way I see it. Most of the divide is LB and SN.

The only thing Michele has asked is that we don't attack each other.

Welcome Buster.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
well let's not go down that road of comparing one show and saying it's representative of how either of them behaves all the time, because there are certainly examples where the opposite was true. So in the end, you're right, it's a wash.

Again I would suggest that it's not necessarily Stevie saying she doesn't want to record, it's the timing of her behavior.... it seems to contradict much of what she said during all the years Chris was gone. Her current attitude simply does not reflect that of the woman who said she'd offered Chris $5million dollars to come back.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

The 'pathetic' comment wasn't aimed at somebody in particular, just some fans (not all of them) who have a very narrow vision about Stevie. And I wasn't talking only about this forum.

I was also called 'honey', a mysoginist comment, if that makes you feel better. And I didn't complain at all.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People need to be able vent their frustration and dashed hopes about the band with others who share that pain. That shouldn't mean bashing other people......but this being The Ledge..... a few digs here and there are pretty tame.
I think everyone is ok with a few digs, and being critical of band members and disagreeing.

But some of us are talking about something else...

So I have a request... can the posters who on a daily basis use hateful language towards Stevie fans please refrain from doing so. These posts aren't being moderated which some of us don't understand, but according to the rules of the board these kind of posts are not allowed. ​

To continually ridicule and make it clear that you despise a large section of this board, makes it toxic and bitchy in the Rumours forum much of the time. It doesn't seem fair on the thousands of members, many of whom are Stevie fans.

Of course it's ok to criticize any band member, but using hateful, misogynistic language, and regularly slagging off a large proportion of board members just isn't ok
Old 08-17-2017, 01:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
well let's not go down that road of comparing one show and saying it's representative of how either of them behaves all the time, because there are certainly examples where the opposite was true. So in the end, you're right, it's a wash.

Again I would suggest that it's not necessarily Stevie saying she doesn't want to record, it's the timing of her behavior.... it seems to contradict much of what she said during all the years Chris was gone. Her current attitude simply does not reflect that of the woman who said she'd offered Chris $5million dollars to come back.
I agree re: going down the road. But that's not what I was doing. I was pointing out that Stevie said in one interview the thing about 3 pm and Lindsey was kind of an ass at the classic shows and therefore I consider all of this to be a wash based one time incidents during what is clearly a tense time for FM.

You make a good point re: Stevie's remarks re: Christine. However, perhaps she really just meant that she'd like Christine back for the tours. And nothing has changed - they had the On With the Show tour and they will go on the 2018 tour. I don't believe Stevie ever said anything about wanting to record, but I could be wrong.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's an open forum and you have the right to voice your take on the matters. That's the way I see it. Most of the divide is LB and SN.

The only thing Michele has asked is that we don't attack each other.

Welcome Buster.
Thank you for the welcome. I will ensure that I don't attach anyone and if anything I've written previously seems like an attack, I certainly apologize.