User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tusk by yamamojnn

Landslide(most of dedication included) by allsaintsday72

Gold Dust Woman (snippet) by Julie Wiskerchen[tell the audience singers to STFU, you're recording]

Old 05-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

loved the review and all the special LA show specific tidbits Michele - thanks so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
For the intro into the Tusk songs, I think it's charming the way Lindsey gets so much pleasure out of the crowd's acknowledgment of the album.
yes, he definitely enjoys it. in DC, someone held up Tusk album when he started that speech and he loved that. people hold up BN and Tusk albums at LB solo shows all the time, but i guess it's not that much of a regular occurrence at FM shows. so he really loved that and incorporated it in his speech. he said something like "hey, and there it is!" and then he mumbled jokingly "we prearranged this" to the rest of the audience, but he was definitely beaming.

Quote:
It was before Big Love that Lindsey says "it smells like you guys are having a pretty good time. Yeah," in response to the marijuana fumes wafting towards him. He spoke of his need to defend against love being no more than an echo now that's he's been lucky enough to marry and have a family. He says that kids are a big responsibility, but one of the greatest gifts you can have. He dedicated the song to his lovely wife Kristen and his children Will, Lee Lee and Stella.

The tapestry that drops down from the ceiling for Big Love isn't used tonight, presumably because of the Bowl's layout.
Lindsey changed his Big Love speech and i missed it????? what?!?!? but that speech has been set in stone for years now, it was the only one he never changed since what? 2009? regardless of whether he's touring solo, with the band, without the band, just having q&as (see 92Y as a reference = same speech), with or without FM!!??

i guess in 2006 and 2008 he talked about finally finding love and having a family before BL, so it makes sense this would be the song he dedicated to his wife and kids. sweet! i wish i could hear that change in BL speech and whole dedication, hopefully the video will pop us soon!

makes sense now, we saw that BL didn't have tapestry in tweetpics and were wondering what happened there, whether pics were just left-right switched or was it because of the stage layout / bowl.

Quote:
When Stevie comes out for Without Love she says, "this is my moment!" I suppose that it's because Lindsey's family is present that she sanitizes things a bit, so that you might imagine that she and Lindsey were just chums. She doesn't mention how it's the nicest song she ever wrote about them or that she did it when they were so in love. She doesn't recall their great romance or say what a "loyal boyfriend" he was to insist that she join the band too. She refers to herself as the girl, rather than the "girlfriend."

This disappoints me, because I was thinking with that assembly, it'd be a great time to graphically explain, "Yep, in 1970 Lindsey and I were insatiable lovers hitting it on the regular," but nooooo. . .

another speech i hope surfaces on youtube soon!

Quote:
After the band hugs and bows, Lindsey leaves the stage after shaking a few hands in the front row.
heard he did that (mini edge walk ) in Vancouver too, but not in Tacoma (well maybe in Vancouver that was especially so he can say hi to some people he knew and didn't see for a while). happy to hear he did it in LA too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

before the show - http://instagram.com/p/Zwa0uQQe_F/

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Big Love by Stephen Silvagni

Never Going Back Again by Stephen Silvagni

Silver Springs(snippet) by Stephlite

Old 05-26-2013, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Silver Springs & Say Goodbye (Complete Songs including SG speech) by allsaintsday72

Old 05-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Lindsey changed his Big Love speech and i missed it????? what?!?!? but that speech has been set in stone for years now, it was the only one he never changed since what? 2009?
Elle, to me he didn't so much change it as add elements that he used to use in the past. He's dedicated it to them before that way and he's talking about it being an echo of its former meaning before too. He still had the "looking out for love" and defending against love in it this time.

I haven't heard him say that kids are a big responsibility, but one of the greatest gifts before though. I just didn't write that part, because we all knew it already.

Michele
Old 05-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, for Landslide, Stevie also said when she was sitting on the floor in Colorado, she never dreamed she was writing something that would mean so much to the world and to Fleetwood Mac.

There is one time when she exits the stage where she exits from Lindsey's side instead of her own. She started to walk backstage by going behind the drum kit and Karen came out and grabbed her hand and led her to the exit by the side. Karen usually would just meet her at the stage entrance with a little flash light so that Stevie can see.

When Mick leaves the stage at the end, there is someone waiting with a cloak to throw over his large shoulders.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 05-26-2013 at 05:35 PM..
Old 05-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, for Landslide, Stevie also said when she was sitting on the floor in Colorado, she never dreamed she was writing something that would mean so much to the world and to Fleetwood Mac.

There is one time when she exits the stage where she exits from Lindsey's side instead of her own. She started to walk backstage by going behind the drum kit and Karen came out and grabbed her hand and led her to the exit by the side. Karen usually would just meet her at the stage entrance with a little flash light so that Stevie can see.

When Mick leaves the stage at the end, there is someone waiting with a cloack to throw over his large shoulders.

Michele
Thanks for sharing so many details. I noticed the cloak in Cbus and forgot about it until now. Recently I read, probably here, Mick saying he is always cold and he has heaters around his kit...unusual for a drummer (he said).
Old 05-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Peter Fonda tweeted

Https://mobile.twitter.com/iamfonda

Lindsey was better than ever, Stevie was gr8 and the founders John and Mick were outrageous and perfect and more. The show was so good WOW
Old 05-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

These are little snippets of the ends of songs, the hug clips. One is sideways and I don't know how to rotate it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17777208@N05/8846558049/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17777208@N05/8846801807/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17777208@N05/8847349076/

Last edited by michelej1; 05-26-2013 at 05:58 PM..
Old 05-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My thoughts are wry during NGBA. I think Lindsey thinks his "ooooh yeahs" are sexy. I close my eyes and try to escape to my safe place
In my mental collection of fan quotes in reviews, currently #1 spot.

Peter Fonda tweets-when someone says "Stevie, as in Wonder" PF says no, LindsAy Buckingham & Stevie Nicks...study up!"

smdh

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 05-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the band at the close of Say Goodbye.

http://vimeo.com/67024760
Old 05-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Silver Springs by HarlJHogg

(End of Eyes of the World) Gold Dust Woman by dewalt10

(Stevie's welcome speech) Dreams (snippet) by roxyb30

Last edited by vivfox; 05-27-2013 at 10:52 PM..
Old 05-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Second Hand News(snippet)(Bowl Highlight) by Amy Louff

Big Love by bigbang68

Landslide by bigbang68

Old 05-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Never Going Back Again by bigbang68

The Chain by creepingelm

Landslide(very good sound) by 654321mlh