User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
We've had Queen, we'll soon have Elton John. I've read there are also upcoming films about James Brown, Miles Davis, Iggy Pop, Jimi Hendrix and Motley Crue. The music biopic is the in-thing. They need to get on and get that Fleetwood Mac story in the works.

Though I'd update my previous choices; Starting in 1974 and ending in 1980...

Mick Fleetwood: Robert Pattinson
Might be a bit 'pretty' but he rocks a beard and he's tall...not as tall as Mick but he's up there.

John McVie: Daniel Radcliffe
He has the understated look.

Christine McVie: Carey Mulligan
I'll stick with my previous choice; She's beautiful but in a plain sort of way.

Lindsey Buckingham: Zac Efron
He's got the eyes. And he can sing.

Stevie Nicks: Taylor Swift
Brings the necessary star quality...and the idea of her singing opposite Zac Efron...wow
Robert Pattinson is WAY too handsome to play Mick lol.
I actually think Zac could be a decent Lindsey tbh. Better than Bradley Cooper like everyone seems to think.
But Taylor Swift is like an entire foot taller than Stevie lol and their voices sound nothing alike.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Elton John had input and gave his blessing to his biopic; Queen were involved in all aspects of the making of BR.... Tina Turner had control over the Broadway show about her; same with Cher and the show about her....

Can you possibly imagine all of the Rumours 5 agreeing on ANYTHING??
Especially now?

You know Stevie and her people would want so much control and stories told from her perspective... even after she's not around anymore.

You know LB will never go for that, nor KB if she represents him if the worst should happen.

Mick will just take the money.

John likely won't want to participate and rehash his life stories.

Christine...hard to say.

I just don't see an authorized/blessed FM movie. Ever. Maybe Stevie will give someone her blessing to do a movie all about HER. Maybe. But I don't see a book or movie or whatever about the band that would be green-lit by all 5.

Just my tuppence.
exactly. there would be yet another war between them. Mick and Stevie would insist they have every authority to bless anything named Fleetwood Mac because they ousted Lindsey so he has no say anymore, and then push a completely distorted version which would make Lindsey a villain - resulting in another lawsuit from Lindsey. all that would permanently throw a wrench into any FM movie ever going forward. leaving whoever would try to produce losing money before the movie would be even cast.

#notgonnahappen

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-13-2019, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I just don't see an authorized/blessed FM movie. Ever. Maybe Stevie will give someone her blessing to do a movie all about HER.
This is what I think has the greatest probability of happening - a Stevie biopic - and I think it would have the full cooperation of Mick Fleetwood, but I doubt he'd be consulted much, as it's only Stevie's story that would matter. This would not be a documentary.

I don't think Lindsey would sue unless it shows him being physically abusive in private or something truly awful. If it just makes him look like a jerk - that's not something you sue over.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
This is what I think has the greatest probability of happening - a Stevie biopic - and I think it would have the full cooperation of Mick Fleetwood, but I doubt he'd be consulted much, as it's only Stevie's story that would matter. This would not be a documentary.

I don't think Lindsey would sue unless it shows him being physically abusive in private or something truly awful. If it just makes him look like a jerk - that's not something you sue over.
i don't know what you sue over, but if the Fleetwood Mac story is told with the similar spin as the PR for the "new FM" last fall and this spring, minimizing and making LB's role in the band success and sound inconsequential, i don't see him and his family taking that lying down.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-14-2019, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We've had Queen, we'll soon have Elton John. I've read there are also upcoming films about James Brown, Miles Davis, Iggy Pop, Jimi Hendrix and Motley Crue. The music biopic is the in-thing. They need to get on and get that Fleetwood Mac story in the works.

Might be a bit 'pretty' but he rocks a beard and he's tall...not as tall as Mick but he's up there.

He has the understated look.

Christine McVie: Carey Mulligan
I'll stick with my previous choice; She's beautiful but in a plain sort of way.

Lindsey Buckingham: Zac Efron
He's got the eyes. And he can sing.

Stevie Nicks: Taylor Swift
Brings the necessary star quality...and the idea of her singing opposite Zac Efron...wow
I'd switch around the Christine and Stevie. Taylor has blue eyes like Christine and she's taller than Stevie. Much taller.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:26 AM
Ledgie

Too easy. Margaret Hamilton as Stevie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (5.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-14-2019, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g. fish View Post
Too easy. Margaret Hamilton as Stevie.
I would like to buy you as many drinks as you'd like!
Old 05-14-2019, 10:33 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would like to buy you as many drinks as you'd like!
Actually, I think I owe you the drinks HomerMcvie for your ongoing humor.

But I was a bit surprised you didn't jump on this one first!
Old 05-14-2019, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g. fish View Post
Actually, I think I owe you the drinks HomerMcvie for your ongoing humor.

But I was a bit surprised you didn't jump on this one first!
It's such a PITA to post pics here(for me, anyway).

But the wicked witch was PERFECT!!!
Old 05-14-2019, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone was workshopping a Rumours musical many years ago, never went anywhere though. At the time they were talking maybe opening it in London, but maybe the book was flimsy or they couldn't get backing, or the band killed it.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
This is what I think has the greatest probability of happening - a Stevie biopic - and I think it would have the full cooperation of Mick Fleetwood, but I doubt he'd be consulted much, as it's only Stevie's story that would matter. This would not be a documentary..
it would be a story similar to that Gold Dust Woman unauthorized bio - just read the excerpts, it's all there and that's what Stevie cult following is repeating all over social media:

highly talented, beautiful and hard working Stevie sacrifices and works 3-5 jobs (and she's fantastic at all of them, of course!) while songwriting and recording music and dragging along her no-talent loser annoying guitar-playing pot-smoking boyfriend to a fame and fortune even though he doesn't do anything for her or her music and cannot write any good songs or music let alone hits unlike our ultra-talented heroine and legendary icon. despite his uselessness he somehow still has the power in their highly successful band so she finally - finally! - has enough and manages to get rid of a loser from her band as she reaches the edge of 70, and becomes the boss in that band she alone single-handedly made famous and rich.

mark my words. this will happen. it already has a screenplay in Gold Dust Woman book.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it would be a story similar to that Gold Dust Woman unauthorized bio - just read the excerpts, it's all there and that's what Stevie cult following is repeating all over social media:

highly talented, beautiful and hard working Stevie sacrifices and works 3-5 jobs (and she's fantastic at all of them, of course!) while songwriting and recording music and dragging along her no-talent loser annoying guitar-playing pot-smoking boyfriend to a fame and fortune even though he doesn't do anything for her or her music and cannot write any good songs or music let alone hits unlike our ultra-talented heroine and legendary icon. despite his uselessness he somehow still has the power in their highly successful band so she finally - finally! - has enough and manages to get rid of a loser from her band as she reaches the edge of 70, and becomes the boss in that band she alone single-handedly made famous and rich.

mark my words. this will happen. it already has a screenplay in Gold Dust Woman book.
I really highly doubt a biopic about Stevie that is trying to be taken seriously would look anything like that lol. That's more like a Lifetime movie.
Not to mention pretty much zero 'real' Stevie fans respect that book as it's filled with very blatant inaccuracies and made up stories. It got tons of criticism from fans when it was released.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
despite his uselessness he somehow still has the power in their highly successful band so she finally - finally! - has enough and manages to get rid of a loser from her band as she reaches the edge of 70, and becomes the boss in that band she alone single-handedly made famous and rich.

Edge of 70 is the best.

Also, her loser boyfriend that she literally and repeatedly drug up off the floor from smoking pot, succumbing to mononucleosis and just idly rolling around on the bathroom tiles because he liked the acoustic in there, was also really, really, really mean to her, even though she herself has always had the disposition of a Modest Angel (also the title of one of her many famous songs). Moreover, she and her loyal, back-packing assistant are both as dead honest as the day is long.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

He has the understated look.*snip*
Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory?
Old 05-16-2019, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Girl View Post
Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory?
What a pairing! The Fleetwood Mac magic.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood