Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default rockline discussion

i hope it's ok to start a new thread but after listening to rockline at least 3 times (thanks macman!) i thought it was one of the more interesting things from lb. it was more real time & less rehearsed so his candidness came out & his live performances rocked! it's interesting that he's not a collector of guitars & i liked what he said about it not being the instrument but what you do with it (i just wish he had felt that way in nebraska ). i'm over that though. really i am.

fave moments:

cracking up at the question about his necklace. he must wonder why anyone would care. funnier that he didn't know if it was jade or turquoise & had to pull it out of his shirt to look at it.

big love live. wow.

seemed disinterested about frozen love. i guess it really has been a long time.

under the skin being about stevie. wow. makes me wonder not too hard what that fight was about with his wife which led to castaway dreams.

never going back again live. wow.

calling the dj about go your own way. funny! then i listened & i could see where the dj might miss the beat (even lb understood it) but boy, was he wrong! would love to hear that phone call. angry? confused?

the questions were great! interesting he said when they wrote songs for rumours they didn't realize they were autobiographical. major denial.

fave moment of show:

his humbleness at the question of knowing when he was great. damn, he's loveable.

great show! could have listened for a few more hours. anybody else want to make comments?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked how he had major compliments for Danny Kirwan. I'd always thought he wasn't interested in pre-Rumour Mac at all really. I suppose he could have been bullsh*tting, but it's cool to hear he has some respect for those guys.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

yes & that was one of the best questions from "the band kansas." i loved how they kept saying it "from the band kansas" just so we wouldn't forget. i could see where lb would have been only a minor fan of fm before joining but he obviously does have a lot of respect for the pre-rumours musicians. i don't think he was bsing.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default castaway dreams

just listened again to the show & each time i hear something different. even if i have to talk to myself here i have to ask this.

i always thought castaway dreams was to his wife (because he says it is) but is he talking to her or about her in the lyrics? he insinuated that under the skin was about stevie & letting go but something remaining under the skin. during his intro to castaway dreams, he says he & his wife had a disagreement that she was probably right about which led him to take some time to himself to think about things & write the song & i always heard "i won't be home tonight, i'll just slip out of sight" or "magic wand, all our dreams our done" as being spoken to his wife. earlier in the interview, he seemed still uncertain about his & stevie's decision to join fm because there seemed to be a possible floodgate opening for their career as a duo. i guess what i'm trying to say or ask is if you listen to the lyrics of castaway dreams, after thinking they were telling his wife he wouldn't be home, he's saying goodbye to his dreams, which she seemed to think he should let go of. i think the song is to her but not sung to her.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

I loved Lindsey on Rockline, too, and could have listened to him all night. As for "Cast Away Dreams", I really think that it's Lindsey saying good bye to Stevie for the last time. The lines, "Magic one all our dreams are done..."
"Hearts will break with choices we must make, so sleep and dream of me", and "It would do no good to drown in the sea where no one remembers their name and nothing but nothing is free" are all refering to Stevie, in my opinion. I don't think that Lindsey and Stevie had a physical reltionship during the SYW tour, but he may have been too emotionally close to her, and Kristen knew it. No, I am not a "shipper", and I do believe after seeing Lindsey with his family that he is very happy now.

Last edited by Lori40; 05-03-2007 at 09:42 AM..
Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
I loved Lindsey on Rockline, too, and could have listened to him all night. As for "Cast Away Dreams", I really think that it's Lindsey saying good bye to Stevie for the last time. The lines, "Magic one all our dreams are done..."
"Hearts will break with choices we must make, so sleep and dream of me", and "It would do no good to drown in the sea where no one remembers their name and nothing but nothing is free" are all refering to Stevie, in my opinion. I don't think that Lindsey and Stevie had a physical reltionship during the SYW tour, but he may have been too emotionally close to her, and Kristen knew it. No, I am not a "shipper", and I do believe after seeing Lindsey with his family that he is very happy now.
a fellow newbie (this thread would have more discussion if i weren't because this was a great show). but yes, i agree. originally i thought the lyrics were directed to his wife until my 4th listen to rockline & really listening to the lyrics. & it is "magic one." magic wand? i don't know what a "shipper" is but i believe he's happy too & i give his wife props for her patience. if he wrote a song like this after his marriage, wow she's a saint.

can i also say i love lbs silly voice when he was answering a few of the questions. he's just fun.

btw, i'm new too but welcome to the board!
Old 05-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
i don't know what a "shipper" is but i believe he's happy too & i give his wife props for her patience.
LOL I found this on Wikipedia:

Shipping, derived from the word "relationship," is a general term for emotional and/or intellectual involvement with the ongoing development of romance in a work of fiction. Though technically applicable to any such involvement, it refers chiefly to various related social dynamics observable on the Internet, and is seldom used outside of that context.

Shipping can involve virtually any kind of relationship — from the well-known and established, to the ambiguous or those undergoing development, and even to the highly improbable and the blatantly impossible. People involved in shipping (or shippers) assert that the relationship does exist, will exist, or simply that they would like it to exist.

So basically, the Shippers on this board still believe Lindsey and Stevie are still destined to be together.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Michelle - I agree with Lori's interpretation of castaway dreams. It sounds very much like a goodbye song and yes the line is 'magic ONE, all our dreams are done'.

The song under the skin is more an intimate message to Stevie that he understands her pain and is there for her. My feeling when I first heard the song was that it was about Stevie and was a mature reflection on their relationship as it had turned out and how Stevie's life had ultimately not turned out as she would have liked.
Both songs are really rather sad.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Okay, I still haven't listened to rockline yet...have it downloaded but haven't listened....must do it!!!!! The necklace thing sounds cute. I am loozah, way behind the 8 ball...

SmileyCentral.com
Old 05-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
LOL I found this on Wikipedia:

Shipping, derived from the word "relationship," is a general term for emotional and/or intellectual involvement with the ongoing development of romance in a work of fiction. Though technically applicable to any such involvement, it refers chiefly to various related social dynamics observable on the Internet, and is seldom used outside of that context.

Shipping can involve virtually any kind of relationship — from the well-known and established, to the ambiguous or those undergoing development, and even to the highly improbable and the blatantly impossible. People involved in shipping (or shippers) assert that the relationship does exist, will exist, or simply that they would like it to exist.

So basically, the Shippers on this board still believe Lindsey and Stevie are still destined to be together.
wow i never heard of shipping in that context. thanks for clearing that up. i could see why some would think they're destined to be together because of their long history, their dreams & even now or until recently (especially after hearing rockline) that he's just now saying goodbye to her he also wrote say goodbye which i also thought was about stevie or saying goodbye to her. so he's not doing much to discourage thinking like that. he does talk about his joy of being a husband & father & i for one believe him, but i still think his wife is a saint. i wouldn't want to marry someone who still hadn't completely said goodbye to his ex or someone I had to fight with to get him to. & sometimes thoughts are more dangerous than actions
Old 05-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul View Post
Michelle - I agree with Lori's interpretation of castaway dreams. It sounds very much like a goodbye song and yes the line is 'magic ONE, all our dreams are done'.

The song under the skin is more an intimate message to Stevie that he understands her pain and is there for her. My feeling when I first heard the song was that it was about Stevie and was a mature reflection on their relationship as it had turned out and how Stevie's life had ultimately not turned out as she would have liked.
Both songs are really rather sad.
i think so too. in some ways i think he's saying "i won't be home tonight" to both his wife & stevie. to his wife, he needs time to think (& he did say that on the show "just leave me alone & let me work this out") & to stevie because possibly he also considered her his home because they go back so far & shared the same dreams early on. so the "all our dreams our done" makes more sense. i always loved the song but it seemed out of place in parts until now. i thought to tell his wife that all their dreams were done was defeatist or that he was throwing in the towel. now it makes more sense. & it really is sad.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
BTFLCHLD
This message has been deleted by BTFLCHLD.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:18 PM
BTFLCHLD
Old 05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Just imagine hearing him in your phone ear.
That fond memory shall not soon be forgotten.
i need to check the other thread. were you the girl who called?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:56 PM
BTFLCHLD
Old 05-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
no but when I did get through with a question I was put through to the show and had the music and Lindsey in my ear. quite the night.
ooh sweet. so you got to listen over the phone. did they just take some callers & ran out of time? what was your question?

yes that lb silly voice is so cute. he used it to answer frank's question (yes i've listened to the show now many times & remember some of the callers names ) one of the best lb performances i've heard in a long time.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:10 PM
BTFLCHLD
Old 05-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
yes.

I had hoped to ask about possible euro dates.

rocklinerocks!! I consider myself lucky to have been able to experience Lindsey in that way.
I want Lindsey to do it again.
me too! i could have listened for another oh, 10 hours or so. easily. definitely in tour form & totally adorable!

ps. he should milk this & head overseas for a month of dates.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:18 PM
BTFLCHLD
Old 05-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Sure as long as he does another oh 20 or so cali dates on the front end. I am spoiled like that!
yes, the selfish side of me wants him only in my own backyard playing oh 60 or so consecutive nights through the summer

but i guess i have to share
Old 05-03-2007, 10:25 PM
BTFLCHLD