User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Seriously. FM would be the ultimate (dream on, right?), but I'd pee myself if she recorded another solo album. Heck, I could get pretty excited about a guest appearance on somebody else's album.

I think there'd be a few of us losing control of our bodily functions if Christine ever decided to record again and if it was with FM .... well I hate to think!

Gail
Old 08-24-2007, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Yes, she did. I also have a feeling that she had read George Hawkins Q & A. She called George up out of the blue while he was doing his Q & A. I can't believe that was just coincidence.
Yes that did seem like too much of a coincedence.

that was when some people got a little over excited because they thought she owned a pub!

Gail
Old 08-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post

that was when some people got a little over excited because they thought she owned a pub!

Gail
I remember that. It turned out that she just used to visit a pub near her home, rather than actually owning it. That must have been before she stopped drinking.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
she should have used to web to promote her album more... cos she was making it at that time no>?
George said that she was writing a little, but that she wouldn't commit to recording an album. That must have been in the very beginning when she had first started writing, probably even before her nephew got involved.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I remember that. It turned out that she just used to visit a pub near her home, rather than actually owning it. That must have been before she stopped drinking.
there is a pub in the village where she lives so it would only be a short walk. I imagine she still goes there but just stays off the alcohol. Unless of course "not drinking anymore" means not drinking to excess anymore and she still has a glass of shandy every now and then

Gail
Old 08-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know I did wonder if Christine really did witness that horrible scene at her house between Carol Ann Harris and Lindsey, did she confront Lindsey about it? She doesn't seem the type of person not to say anything if she saw something like that going on, and that was pretty extreme.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
You know I did wonder if Christine really did witness that horrible scene at her house between Carol Ann Harris and Lindsey, did she confront Lindsey about it? She doesn't seem the type of person not to say anything if she saw something like that going on, and that was pretty extreme.

You know I think episodes like that were common... not just with LB but the whole gang... that it probably became normal to live in denial....
Old 08-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I'm not sure CAH would have dared include that scene in the book if it didn't have a strong basis in the truth. If it didn't happen then surely Lindsey would have got Christine to swear on oath and then get it removed from the book or risk being sued.

We don't know if Christine did tackle Lindsey about it. Maybe she thought it was all OK because Carol went back to him.

Gail
Old 08-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Ledgie

It seems that Christine took an awful lot of crap off Dennis. Maybe he didn't physically abuse her, but if even some of this is true, I'd call it psychological abuse, which is just as bad. She had enough problems of her own to worry about at that point in time, I'd say. That doesn't mean she thought what was going on between Lindsey and Carol Ann was acceptable, but maybe she thought it wasn't her job to interfere. I have no idea if I'm making any sense.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Violence may not have been normal within the band, but I get the feeling that outbursts and extreme behavior were very routine and whatever happened at Christine's house might not have seemed like that big a deal to her. Stevie talked about hiding Christine in her condo when John would come screaming down the halls for Chris. When you have a bunch of people always using alcohol and drugs, I bet a bunch of wild things happen that are barely memorable, let alone remarkable.

Michele
Old 08-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got the impression from CAH's book, that Christine was shocked at what happened between CAH & Lindsey. I think CAH said that Chris' face was white & she just kept asking CAH if she was OK. I can't imagine that she thought the incident was routine because it seemed so extreme. I'm not sure Chris would have confronted Lindsey about it. Maybe she thought it was private between the two of them.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, Carol wrote that Chris was startled, asked if she was ok and then followed her silently up the stairs, as Carol went to get her purse, mumbled an apology and left the house. The page before Carol was writing about how Mike Love made a comment to Dennis about being late for a sound check and Dennis casually reached out in a second and punched his cousin unconscious. I don't think alarmingly angry or dangerous behavior was unusual.

Actually, the whole thing sounded like the other part of the rumor (rumour) that's been passed down all these years. Supposedly, Christine found Dennis having an affair in her bedroom. Well, Carol says that she was in Christine's bedroom picking up her things when Lindsey drove up. Carol had just been describing an earlier night when Christine had said that she would tell Lindsey that Carol and Dennis were together when Lindsey called. Chris said she hoped that Lindsey didn't mind that Carol and Dennis would be alone together. Then, Christine showed up later and said that she felt she owed it to Lindsey to chaperone Carol and Dennis herself. Carol thought that Christine was worried about Carol being along with Dennis herself and not for Lindsey's sake.

Although Dennis wasn't mentioned in the incident with Lindsey and the car, I get the feeling the 2 were connected and Christine had her hands full with her problems, rather than thinking much about Carol and Lindsey. Michele
Old 08-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Ledgie

One thing that's interesting to me is that, for people who had so many problems and tensions in their band, it seems that the members of FM spent a lot of time together. I mean, when they weren't recording or touring, they really didn't have any reason to see each other, but they did. At least, this book makes it sound as though they did.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
One thing that's interesting to me is that, for people who had so many problems and tensions in their band, it seems that the members of FM spent a lot of time together. I mean, when they weren't recording or touring, they really didn't have any reason to see each other, but they did. At least, this book makes it sound as though they did.
Well, it's kind of funny, because even though various ones have said about the other, "oh, we were never friends. We never socialized," they seemed to go to each other's houses for an occasional party at least. And they were at Eric Clapton's house and other industry functions together, but I guess after Mirage they didn't hang out anymore. It almost sounds like that if A Fine Mess hadn't come along, they hardly ever would have seen each other again. I guess there was real closeness in the beginning and it just waned. Michele
Old 08-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, it's kind of funny, because even though various ones have said about the other, "oh, we were never friends. We never socialized," they seemed to go to each other's houses for an occasional party at least. And they were at Eric Clapton's house and other industry functions together, but I guess after Mirage they didn't hang out anymore. It almost sounds like that if A Fine Mess hadn't come along, they hardly ever would have seen each other again. I guess there was real closeness in the beginning and it just waned. Michele

Yeah. It does seem that, after the Mirage tour time period, you don't hear much about them socializing. Well, I don't think John and Mick ever stopped hanging out. And it always seemed that Christine kept in touch with Mick and possibly John. But, even after they went through these breakups and all this emotional turmoil, lamenting how they had to be together way too much when the wounds were still fresh, they continued to spend time together even when they didn't have to.

I think they all were more important to each other and cared more about each other than they've ever been willing to admit. JMO. I don't think The Dance would've happened if that weren't the case. Christine said, more or less, that she did it because she wanted to stop with "the five" on a positive note instead of a negative one. If all of that didn't mean a lot to her, she wouldn't have bothered. Of course, the importance they had to one another is why they also had the ability to hurt each other so much.