Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2023, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dominic Miller on LB

For those who know Rick Beato's channel on youtube, he has a long interview with Dominic Miller (Sting's band) and in it Dominic talks about his influences and the other guitarists he admires and has learned from. He calls out LB at the 45:21 mark. He says the guitar playing on Rumours is "the greatest master class on how to play on a song. Every single song, the guitar playing is absolutely sublime"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERXUMh1S2ws
Old 11-13-2023, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Absolutely love Rick Beato. But I’ve got to say, I find these long interviews kinda dull. I think you’ve got to be a real muso to get through them. Or have a real interest in the interviewee. I tend to find he can be a bit sycophantic.
But he does love Fleetwood Mac.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-14-2023, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry this is unrelated but I just saw a post by Lindsey with video from his performance at Will Ferrell's fundraiser and Rick Nowels of all people replied "Lindsey the Greatest"

He's very much in Stevie's camp so that was a surprise to see.
Old 11-14-2023, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Absolutely love Rick Beato. But I’ve got to say, I find these long interviews kinda dull. I think you’ve got to be a real muso to get through them. Or have a real interest in the interviewee. I tend to find he can be a bit sycophantic.
But he does love Fleetwood Mac.
that said, I'd still love to see Rick score an interview with Lindsey and walk thru his songs and his technique and all that stuff he discusses with famous musicians.
Old 11-14-2023, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh yes, that would be amazing. And something I’m sure both would be open to. How do we facilitate????

Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-14-2023, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh yes, that would be amazing. And something I’m sure both would be open to. How do we facilitate????
Good question.

I'm pretty sure FM is one of the bands Rick has said do NOT let him use even a smidge of any of their songs (the worst is the Eagles...hmm, what's the common denominator here??). So if he tries to do any sort of analysis of one of their songs their management/lawyers come after him (or anyone). Which seems weird to me because under fair use rules etc anyone doing a review of something (song/book/tv show/movie etc) can use a small clip (not sure what the limit is) as part of a review... but I'm not a lawyer I think Led Zeppelin might be one of the other notorious ones; I forget.

But if you watch the interview he did with Sting, and how detailed and nuanced his questions were about how Sting writes, plays, arranges, etc his songs, it would seem a similar type of convo with Lindsey would be amazing.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay……Elle….if you’re out there….can you somehow ‘reach out’ to Lindsey through whatever means and ask whether he’d do an interview with Rick????
I reckon it’s the sort of thing he’d do. Think they both live in LA or the LA region…but not sure.
Would be cool.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-15-2023, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay……Elle….if you’re out there….can you somehow ‘reach out’ to Lindsey through whatever means and ask whether he’d do an interview with Rick????
I reckon it’s the sort of thing he’d do. Think they both live in LA or the LA region…but not sure.
Would be cool.
think Rick lives in Atlanta area. But he clearly has traveled to wherever it takes to interview folks.