User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."

-- Ray Bradbury

This explains EVERYTHING going on in my head.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS, I was talking to a co-worker yesterday that I hadn't seen for a few weeks. He appeared to have lost a little bit of weight, and I kind of complimented him on it and gave him a little encouragement; he was previously a bit stocky around the middle. Well, as it turned out, the weight loss was not intentional; it was a side effect of chemotherapy for Stage II cancer.

Kill. me. now. Please.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
JTIS, I was talking to a co-worker yesterday that I hadn't seen for a few weeks. He appeared to have lost a little bit of weight, and I kind of complimented him on it and gave him a little encouragement; he was previously a bit stocky around the middle. Well, as it turned out, the weight loss was not intentional; it was a side effect of chemotherapy for Stage II cancer.

Kill. me. now. Please.
I cringed. Ouch.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Kill. me. now. Please.
Youch! That's why I never say anything until they say "Oh. Did you notice I lost some weight?". Luckily I've never commited the faux pas of "When's it due?" Because....well...frankly....I couldn't give a sh.it lol.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Kill. me. now. Please.
Ouch.....damn. I feel for you. That hurts.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 08-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nothing like waking up to the news that your own mother wants to sue you. Jesus Christ.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Nothing like waking up to the news that your own mother wants to sue you. Jesus Christ.
Uhm. Wow.

Why on earth would she want to do that? Hardly sounds like something a loving Mother would do :s
Old 08-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Uhm. Wow.

Why on earth would she want to do that? Hardly sounds like something a loving Mother would do :s
We don't speak. She's looking for money. She's claiming I stole a big chunk of money from her. The sad thing is that she's a smart **** and thought out every angle of this, so I may be forced to just pay her off for the sake of not having a legitimate court issue.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We don't speak. She's looking for money. She's claiming I stole a big chunk of money from her. The sad thing is that she's a smart **** and thought out every angle of this, so I may be forced to just pay her off for the sake of not having a legitimate court issue.
I can't think of a thing to say, but I'm so sorry. I really can't imagine.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default SuperFleetwoodMac has a blog

Hey everyone, Im growing the superfleetwoodmac name. This is my new blog,
superfleetwoodmac.blogspot.com

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 08-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can you say "case dismissed?" Really? Can a parent come after their child for repayment? This is just awful. Your mother makes Cruella DeVille look charitable.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Youch! That's why I never say anything until they say "Oh. Did you notice I lost some weight?". Luckily I've never commited the faux pas of "When's it due?" Because....well...frankly....I couldn't give a sh.it lol.
Well, the admin in my department took a couple of weeks off recently. She had been sporting a slight baby bump and had pretty much told everyone she was knocked up (not in those exact words, of course) and was expecting in November. But now that she has been back for a few weeks, it looks like the baby bump is gone. What do you say in that type of situation? Do you merely ignore the 800 kg elephant in the room? I have been pretty much avoiding direct contact with her like the plague for fear of saying something inappropriate. Open mouth, insert foot.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Kill. me. now. Please.
Please don't beat yourself up about this. It's not your fault! I don't walk around thinking "darn, better not say anything, just incase" 'cause if you do, someone might notice that you didn't say something and be even more upset. No one can win.

Quote:
Ooh she sounds as despicable as my father. They'd probably get on well. I'm sorry you have to go through this s***. My mum keeps pressing me to sue my dad for the money for Uni (He's stopped giving maintenance blah blah) but I just don't see the point. All I'd probably gain from it would be the upset of having to see his arrogant face because he hasn't got a pot to piss in.

Bug hugs sweets

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 08-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Boo lemme tell you this..........when people screw you over they get it back times TEN!!!!! Now I'm not gonna cuss her cuz that's your mom, and since I wuv woo I'm not gonna be disrespectful. But it sounds amazingly foul and ima pray for you.....HONEST!

YOU'RE IN MY THOUGHTS BOO! YOU CAN/WILL GET THRU ANYTHING!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can you say "case dismissed?" Really? Can a parent come after their child for repayment? This is just awful. Your mother makes Cruella DeVille look charitable.
She's evil. She used to give me her debit card YEARS ago to withdraw money for myself (before I had my own) and she's claiming that she never gave me permission. My sister used to do it constantly too but of course, she's targeting me.