The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who are you routing for to win the lawsuit?
I’m routing for Lindsey to win. 110 88.71%
I’m routing for Fleetwood Mac to win. 14 11.29%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i thought Lindsey had only 12 fans........ how come there are 105 people here saying he should win?
Voter surpression?
Old 11-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Who sang that song? About times a changin'? C'mon someone help me out. I hate having these things stuck in my head. Bob Dylan?!

He also sang this one:
Old 11-18-2018, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
It’s obvious though that The Band is in the wrong. There has not been a post to the contrary that convinced me otherwise. He got fired out of pettiness. The Buckinghams and their attorneys know that his is a no brainer.
We don't know any of that. It's a tweet FFS. What's the status of the case? Does the court website provide any hints? Otherwise it's a whole lotta nothin'.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 11-18-2018 at 03:13 PM..
Old 11-18-2018, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Enough already. Finished. The genius can move on now and the personifications of pure evil go their own way.
Once upon a time you dressed so fine
You threw the bums a dime in your prime,
Didn't you?
People'd call, say "Beware doll, you're
Bound to fall"
You thought they were all kiddin' you
You used to laugh about
Everybody that was hangin' out
Now you don't walk so proud
Now you don't talk so loud
About having to be scrounging for your
Next meal
How does it feel
How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
A complete unknown
Just like a rolling stone?
Old 11-18-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Wow! I was just wondering about the court case last night. Well, it looks like that went away quick.
Yes! What's her name said something on Twitter and that's it, the end. Now off with their heads!
Old 11-18-2018, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
It’s obvious though that The Band is in the wrong. There has not been a post to the contrary that convinced me otherwise. He got fired out of pettiness. The Buckinghams and their attorneys know that his is a no brainer.
i would like for it to be all over and him being completely free to realize his plans for next year and beyond. i would hate a repeat of the first half of this year, when he had all these big plans and all fell apart in january. and if he's not tied to the nostalgia circuit in any way anymore he can really do a lot of stuff he had to constantly keep on the back-burner!

on the other hand, with all the people out there trying to not only diminish his legacy with Fleetwood Mac but also constantly throwing all kinds of nasty personal attacks on him, i also kinda wish this goes to court and all gets exposed, and truth about everything comes out. if you have to constantly yell "move on!' "get over it!" followed by throwing personal insults to LB, his wife, and people searching for truth, there's obviously something you don't want to be known.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-18-2018, 04:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Same. I've never missed a tour, but I refuse to go now after what's transpired. It just wasn't right. And whilst I have nothing against N&M--especially Michael, since he and his wife do so much for dogs--it just seems like a patched together nostalgia act. I think it might end up polluting the legacy of TPaTH, too when Stevie tries to step into the role of TP and go on the road with The Heartbreakers...at least the Heartbreakers who will go along with that fiasco. Sad. It appears, though, that our disdain for this isn't impacting the shows. I guess a lot of people want to hear "Dreams" for the billionth time because they heard it on the radio.
That’s exactly it. Tons of people are rewarding poor behavior by shrugging their shoulders and shelling out hundreds of $ to see a farce of a band. The reviews that say Lindsey wasn’t missed it isn’t needed definitely don’t help.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
That’s exactly it. Tons of people are rewarding poor behavior by shrugging their shoulders and shelling out hundreds of $ to see a farce of a band. The reviews that say Lindsey wasn’t missed it isn’t needed definitely don’t help.
The band isn't a farce. It's a continuation of what Fleetwood Mac has been. "This world of changing faces..." How people spend their money is up to them. If the product sucked no one would buy it. But clearly it doesn't and there is still a demand without Lindsey Buckingham. Like I said earlier:
How does it feel
How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
A complete unknown
Just like a rolling stone?

He eschewed the big machine, dissed it in the press, talked about artistic integrity. Now he's palying 750 seat theaters and can do whatever the hell he wants and NOW he wants money? Oh man. That's rich.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He eschewed the big machine, dissed it in the press, talked about artistic integrity. Now he's palying 750 seat theaters and can do whatever the hell he wants and NOW he wants money? Oh man. That's rich.[/QUOTE]

WHAT????????????? He AGREED to the tour. He did NOT eschew the big machine. Yes he wanted artistic integrity and that meant wanting to put out NEW music, but tambourine goat said NO.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Who sang that song? About times a changin'? C'mon someone help me out. I hate having these things stuck in my head. Bob Dylan?!

ETA YES YES

apparently so!

View Poll Results: Who are you routing for to win the lawsuit?

I’m routing for Lindsey to win. 109 90.08%
I’m routing for Fleetwood Mac to win. 12 9.92%

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-18-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
He eschewed the big machine, dissed it in the press, talked about artistic integrity. Now he's palying 750 seat theaters and can do whatever the hell he wants and NOW he wants money? Oh man. That's rich.

WHAT????????????? He AGREED to the tour. He did NOT eschew the big machine. Yes he wanted artistic integrity and that meant wanting to put out NEW music, but tambourine goat said NO.
I'm the last person to call Stevie a tambourine goat but I agree with this. How can anyone argue that Lindsey was "eschewing" anything when he was the band member that above and by far was the one who most wanted them to make a final album and tour it so that they could wrap up their legacy in the most fulfilling way. He wanted that badly and it was Miss "albums don't sell, what's the point of the hassle if albums don't sell" who shot that horse in the face.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
But boy, the damage it did. I wonder if Stevie even realizes that there are fans of hers who have had a hard time with this. I know I have. For the first time since 1975, I have not gone to see Fleetwood Mac in concert. That's on her and Mick.
I'm sure she has some kind of an idea-- she may live in a bubble but she doesn't live on Mars.
I was always a big Stevie fan, even when she annoyed me with things she said or did I was still a fan of her because I never deluded myself into thinking she's someone who was ever some goddess great person so none of those little things ever changed my overall view of her. But this has. I guess I'll always like her music but I never would've thought she could be so selfish.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'm sure she has some kind of an idea-- she may live in a bubble but she doesn't live on Mars.
I was always a big Stevie fan, even when she annoyed me with things she said or did I was still a fan of her because I never deluded myself into thinking she's someone who was ever some goddess great person so none of those little things ever changed my overall view of her. But this has. I guess I'll always like her music but I never would've thought she could be so selfish.
^This.

She was probably the biggest pull to FM for me back in the mid 70s. And then I was so excited for her solo work and bought it all, and went to the tours. And I was so thrilled when they all got back together for The Dance, and happy for her that Silver Springs finally saw the light of day and got the recognition it deserved.

But her lack of ambition to do any new music after 2003 because if she couldn't be #1 on the charts then why bother really started to turn me. And then she called herself a legend in some interview, and the light went off-- she just wants to live off her legacy, it's too hard to do new stuff. But then she did a new solo album (IYD) and I thought ok she's come around. But that was an anomaly, and it played to her worst fears of not selling millions and it feels like that was the last gasp.

The ousting of Lindsey was the final straw. Others can disagree, but pushing him out seemed like a case of finally finding the right moment to take her fatal shot, and she took it. Very cold, very nasty, very calculating. Not a great way to end a legacy.......so it had to be a personal thing.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
The lack of press they've done on this tour is astounding. And I think we can all understand why. Stevie is sheltered by her people but she's very much aware of what it being said. When this tour ends, the FM bubble will not be able to shield her. Is she going to stop promoting her solo career now too--of course not! She's going to get the questions and at some point, she (mentionitis) or Mick (and another book) will have to answer something. And yes, if Lindsey sits down for an interview at any point, he will too.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
The lack of press they've done on this tour is astounding. And I think we can all understand why. Stevie is sheltered by her people but she's very much aware of what it being said. When this tour ends, the FM bubble will not be able to shield her. Is she going to stop promoting her solo career now too--of course not! She's going to get the questions and at some point, she (mentionitis) or Mick (and another book) will have to answer something. And yes, if Lindsey sits down for an interview at any point, he will too.
Unprecedented! Wonder if she's missing the chance to vent to the press or if she's loving being off the hook....