The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone needs to go back into the archives to see which rumours turned out to be true and false later. I'm sure we could come up with our very own Fleetwood Mac Snopes
Old 04-06-2018, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since discovering this band as a child in 1991, I have been Team Stevie 99% of the time. But Lindsey has been the creative driving force behind FM since 1975, and while I'm sure Stevie's animosity is justified, at some point you have to forgive and forget. Or at least forgive.

The only reason I can possibly think of that Mick would fire Lindsey is if Stevie said "it's him or me". At the end of the day, Mick knows a Lindsey-less tour will still make more money than a Stevie-less one, and we all know Mick follows the money...

That said, I won't believe anything until it comes directly from one of the horses mouths.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
So then what do you believe?? huh??
I believe the children are our future...

No, seriously, I thought the whole thing was just a silly rumour not worth considering......

Last edited by aleuzzi; 04-06-2018 at 02:07 PM..
Old 04-06-2018, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I believe the children are our future...

No, seriously, I thought the whole thing was just a silly rumour not worth considering until you pm'd me today and told me the backstory behind the Musicares event. As I said to you then, these musicians are 12.

Backstory?????? What backstory??????

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-06-2018, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=aleuzzi;1221489]I believe the children are our future...

No, seriously, I thought the whole thing was just a silly rumour not worth considering until you pm'd me today and told me the backstory behind the Musicares event. As I said to you then, these musicians are 12.[/QUOT

I also thought this was all rumour & gossip until I saw BBs posts (as shared on FB).

Last edited by jenniferuk; 04-06-2018 at 12:19 PM..
Old 04-06-2018, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yes...this! What’s the backstory here? I feel like I just walked into a time warp to 1987. I just can’t believe at this stage that Lindsey would leave or be fired. But I’ve felt something odd was up ever since that whole Sirius XM snafu.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am feeling left out here. What is the scoop?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honest question - Why do people seem to think the SiriusXM channel not materializing is an indication of anything other than the usual FM marketing ineptness?

And even if these rumours turn out to be true, why wouldn't they still run the channel? SiriusXM has aired plenty of other dedicated channels for artists/bands that are inactive, broken up, or deceased...
Old 04-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

INSIDE SOURCES
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
From what I hear it is all true. Supposedly they are actively looking for a replacement for him. Oy vey.

I hope that Lindsey releases an album and spends this year touring for it. That is what he really wanted to do. The rest of the group should allow him to do that and take the year off themselves. I don't want FM to continue without Lindsey again. I'm sure by the beginning of next year when all is said and done that LB would be more than willing to regroup with the Mac and head out for a long tour.
I wouldn't ask you to reveal sources and I do trust YOU. This is the only post that has me worried. Oy vey, indeed.

BILLY BURNETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
I also thought this was all rumour & gossip until I saw BBs posts (as shared on FB).
Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Billy Burnette clarified his comments. This has happened recently. Mick told him they threw Lindsey out.
Where? On Facebook? If so, where on Facebook?

MUSICARES
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
No, seriously, I thought the whole thing was just a silly rumour not worth considering until you pm'd me today and told me the backstory behind the Musicares event. As I said to you then, these musicians are 12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Ditto. Deets please?

SIRIUSXM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Honest question - Why do people seem to think the SiriusXM channel not materializing is an indication of anything other than the usual FM marketing ineptness?

And even if these rumours turn out to be true, why wouldn't they still run the channel? SiriusXM has aired plenty of other dedicated channels for artists/bands that are inactive, broken up, or deceased...
What happened here??

BONNIE CARYN
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Trawling through the ghastly obscenities and name calling on Twitter I came across someone who quoted this post (from FB I suppose). I don't know if this is legit, but ...
Who is Bonnie Caryn??

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-06-2018 at 12:51 PM..
Old 04-06-2018, 12:47 PM
Registered

Trawling through the ghastly obscenities and name calling on Twitter I came across someone who quoted this post (from FB I suppose). I don't know if this is legit, but ...

Last edited by NotonRodeo; 10-26-2018 at 10:03 PM..
Old 04-06-2018, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post

INSIDE SOURCES

I wouldn't ask you to reveal sources and I do trust YOU. This is the only post that has me worried. Oy vey, indeed.

BILLY BURNETTE

Where? On Facebook? If so, where on Facebook?

MUSICARES

Ditto. Deets please?

SIRIUSXM

What happened here??
Billy posted in a comment on his FB that Mick Fleetwood said he (LB) was thrown out of the band. I didn't see it and it's been deleted but screen capped & posted on other FB groups.

Prior to this I'd ignored the Mike Campbell chatter as rumour, but it seems like there's likely more to it.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
From what I hear it is all true. Supposedly they are actively looking for a replacement for him. Oy vey.

I hope that Lindsey releases an album and spends this year touring for it. That is what he really wanted to do. The rest of the group should allow him to do that and take the year off themselves. I don't want FM to continue without Lindsey again. I'm sure by the beginning of next year when all is said and done that LB would be more than willing to regroup with the Mac and head out for a long tour.
I also want Lindsey to focus on his solo album and tour, and enjoy life with his solo fans (all 12 of us!) and leave all this 40+ years behind him. Of course it won't be easy but he needs to think about his legacy as a musician. If he was kicked out as Billy is constantly saying, that's the worst legacy he could have asked for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
The only reason I can possibly think of that Mick would fire Lindsey is if Stevie said "it's him or me". At the end of the day, Mick knows a Lindsey-less tour will still make more money than a Stevie-less one, and we all know Mick follows the money...

That said, I won't believe anything until it comes directly from one of the horses mouths.
If you're waiting for an explanation from a band who clearly has one of the most poorly handled PR in the world, then I guess you will have to stick with your idea of what really happened.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Registered

Good God, the drama of these people. Has the band forgotten what happened the last time they fired Lindsey? It's been 30 years, but I still remember, and it wasn't pretty.

Like some posters above I am beyond tired of the nonstop soap opera, which seems to occupy the band's attention nowadays more than the making of actual music. If this is true my FM CDs are done for.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think fans find out a lot more about the band because they are Facebook friends with people associated with the band.

So these are the rumours and speculations...

SiriusXM. There was supposed to be an exclusive, limited-run Fleetwood Mac Channel that was to launch February 1. This was to coincide with their MusiCares honor. An official press release went out, but the channel never launched. This led to speculation about...

MusiCares. According to different Facebook groups, something happened at the MusiCares event, some disagreement or a fight. This led to speculation about...

The FM Tour. Rehearsals were supposed to happen in March, after everyone got back from their vacations and time off. This never happened and left fans confused. So when they saw...

Billy Burnette's vague Facebook update, suggesting that Lindsey Buckingham was out of the band, and Mick's cryptic Facebook/Twitter post "Where words fail, music speaks," this continued to fuel the speculation that something's askew. Some fans think Billy's comments were trying to generate buzz for his new book.

Anyway, that's what I've heard. I know some people don't like to discuss things that are unconfirmed, which is respectable. Some people do, and that's fine too. It's great that we have a variety of places where we can get the type of information we want to read these days.

"The drama of the moment..."

Last edited by SpyNote; 04-06-2018 at 01:19 PM..
Old 04-06-2018, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post

Who is Bonnie Caryn?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood