User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If he doesn't tell them to SHOVE IT UP THEIR COLLECTIVE ASSES, then he's as bad as the rest of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I don't want him to go back and I think they should just let it go at this point. Tambourine b/witch and the tall money whore, have just destroyed this band.
Quote:
Your quote should be engraved on their tombstones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I also think it's time to say goodbye. Just do this tour and disband already so Lindsey can do his own tour.
Talk about NOT striking when the fire is hot. WTF is taking Lindsey so long to release his new music or even the greatest hits album his record company was gonna put out? He has wasted 7 precious months this year also.
The reason I added your quotes was because while you all have valid points I truly believe all of us would appreciate the legacy be intact for the sake of the band's history. Fractured Mac would be better as Fleetwood Mac in my opinion. I truly believe Lindsey would love to return to FM. Otherwise he wouldn't have been so kind with his "factions" quote. He could have said a collective FU to the band and be done with it.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I really wonder if $tevie regrets her actions. Is there a soul inside?
I don't think she does. Same with Mick. I asked if they are aware of all the backlash going their way, and I was told they don't care or notice it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Talk about NOT striking when the fire is hot. WTF is taking Lindsey so long to release his new music or even the greatest hits album his record company was gonna put out? He has wasted 7 precious months this year also.
The reason I added your quotes was because while you all have valid points I truly believe all of us would appreciate the legacy be intact for the sake of the band's history. Fractured Mac would be better as Fleetwood Mac in my opinion. I truly believe Lindsey would love to return to FM. Otherwise he wouldn't have been so kind with his "factions" quote. He could have said a collective FU to the band and be done with it.
ITA. Lindsey wants to return. That's why he has been extremely careful with his words.

I think tour is gonna take longer than we think. Maybe not new music and best of, but tour is a different story.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-23-2018, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Yes to this!

Hard to know if it's another case of LB perfectionism dragging things out and not realizing that less-than-perfect but timely is better than perfect but everyone else has moved on already.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Yes to this!

Hard to know if it's another case of LB perfectionism dragging things out and not realizing that less-than-perfect but timely is better than perfect but everyone else has moved on already.
Or, maybe just spending time with him family.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if maybe he's embarrassed by the firing??? Laying low on purpose for a bit?
Old 07-23-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, because Lindsey was always the one pushing them to be creative. Mick was only just pushing them to generate $$.
But why would you think this would stop them from touring after this? Touring isn't predicated on being creative. Do you think Mick will decide he finally has enough money this time?
Old 07-23-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
But why would you think this would stop them from touring after this? Touring isn't predicated on being creative. Do you think Mick will decide he finally has enough money this time?

Because they are accustomed to headlining large venues and they have so far proven to have experienced trouble filling venues without Lindsey that they once had no problem filling. Other members of the band may also not tolerate (well, their egos may not tolerate) playing smaller venues in smaller markets and bringing home less money.

That's how their touring future could be impacted by the lineup change.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Because they are accustomed to headlining large venues and they have so far proven to have experienced trouble filling venues without Lindsey that they once had no problem filling. Other members of the band may also not tolerate (well, their egos may not tolerate) playing smaller venues in smaller markets and bringing home less money.

That's how their touring future could be impacted by the lineup change.
Ehh, I don't see anyone hanging up the instruments any time soon (unless there was a health issue). With new dates being added, I don't think the promoters are worried about not having an audience to play to either. Mick didn't decide the band should close up shop after any of the other line up changes over the years and I don't see him doing it now.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 07-23-2018 at 02:12 PM..
Old 07-23-2018, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ehh, I don't see anyone hanging up the instruments any time soon (unless there was a health issue). With new dates being added, I don't think the promoters are worried about not having an audience to play to either. Mick didn't decide the band should close up shop after any of the other line up changes over the years and I don't see him doing it now.
That's because Mick is a freaking idiot.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's because Mick is a freaking idiot.
Please, fans are thrilled with this new line up. Can't you feel it in the air tonight?
What they're trying to tell you is that this "change" is like any other change they band had experienced. Because Lindsey didn't contribute to the band at all. We still have two songwriters....

Dates are added because they're already losing money and they will lose more once the concert dates approach and they will have to drop prices in order to sell the remaining tickets. But we're fine!!!!

We're cool and we don't need Lindsey!

I still can't understand why he wants to go back with these idiots.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Please, fans are thrilled with this new line up. Can't you feel it in the air tonight?
What they're trying to tell you is that this "change" is like any other change they band had experienced. Because Lindsey didn't contribute to the band at all. We still have two songwriters....

Dates are added because they're already losing money and they will lose more once the concert dates approach and they will have to drop prices in order to sell the remaining tickets. But we're fine!!!!

We're cool and we don't need Lindsey!

I still can't understand why he wants to go back with these idiots.
My understanding is that shows are generally canceled not added to if sales for a tour are so dire. Sure it isn't going to be as sought after as the last tour since it doesn't have the cache of Christine's big return. It wouldn't be if Lindsey were still there either. However, it isn't some sort of colossal failure as a few people here seem to want it to be. I am mystified about this attitude that "the band should just be over because my favorite member is no longer with them." It would be interesting to note if this attitude was present at all the points along the road where members were no longer there. Good grief, if they followed that philosophy there would be decades of music that never came to be and Christine, Bob, Stevie and Lindsey etc. would never have been in the band. If someone is displeased about this, I just don't see why they don't go focus on a band they still like rather than wanting the termination of an entire entity which so many still appreciate and are willing to pay to see and enjoy. I just don't get it, if a member of a band I liked was given notice I would never say that they should just end. I'd follow my person's solo work if they had it, I'd listen to the previous works they were featured on, their fans could still enjoy them in whatever incarnation they went forward with and I wouldn't waste time wishing they had disbanded and any opportunity for further works or performances from them would be lost. Life is too short for that.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 07-23-2018 at 03:19 PM..
Old 07-23-2018, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My understanding is that shows are generally canceled not added to if sales for a tour are so dire. Sure it isn't going to be as sought after as the last tour without the cache of Christine's big return. It wouldn't be if Lindsey were still there either. However, it isn't some sort of colossal failure as a few people here seem to want it to be. I am mystified about this attitude that "the band should just be over because my favorite member is no longer with them." It would be interesting to note if this attitude was present at all the points along the road where members were no longer there. Good grief, if they followed that philosophy there would be decades of music that never came to be and Christine, Bob, Stevie and Lindsey etc. would never have been in the band. If someone is displeased about this, I just don't see why they don't go focus on a band they still like rather than wanting the termination of an entire entity which so many still appreciate and are willing to pay to see and enjoy.
This is not about "my favorite band member", it's about someone who was fired after 43 years of hard work. Not 2 or 3 years like Bob Welch. Not like Christine who chose to leave the band. Not like Stevie who I still see in the band doing what she wants.
You can name all members of the band. Lindsey's situation is unique. No one was in the band as longer as him and was fired, and didn't see it coming.

So, yeah, I want them to fail and to end this circus once and for all so I can see Lindsey on his solo tour. Of course what I want and what will happen are two entirely different things, and I'm not expecting you to understand it since you're not a Lindsey fan.

I'm just happy knowing they will have to work harder (more venues) to fill their pockets like they're used to.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Yes to this!

I initially thought it was his perfectionism dragging things out because wasn't his album actually ready to be released or perhaps the record companies are to blame for the delay? My thought is he is lying low and not planning his tour anytime soon as I wonder if he is anxious about having to face the press perhaps. There is no doubt a bit of a smear campaign going on about him in the media, what with the nasty Washington Post 'biggest jerk' article and the Reelz documentary about Breaking the band that doesn't paint him in a wonderful light. I think he is just hiding in this studio as he loves to do and doesn't want to face the public if he can avoid it. I dunno, just a thought
Old 07-23-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But then he didn't go to Italy with KB or Leelee I don't think, did he?