The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also according to the people over at some Prince forum, there is no "tabloid fodder or dirt dishing" in the book, so maybe that dispells the idea of info on this topic being in there.

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 09-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Registered

I seriously doubt SN and Prince were in a sexual relationship. I know that SN said at one time she made sure that it didn't become sexual between she and Prince, and I believe she meant it.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-14-2010 at 09:47 PM..
Old 09-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
And the reason why I lean towards (at least one) miscarriage, in Stevie's own words:

To me, a woman who is choosing to have an abortion is not going to say, "don't take my child away"...

And Matt Baumann's words about the recording of this song:
MY INTERPRETATION OF THE SONG AND SOME OF THE LYRICS OF GOODBYE BABY!

Isn't it possible that the tower is code for "cocaine" since it makes you high and towers are high... Couldn't it also be with the take my child away part, that she had to abort at least 1 of the fetuses due to the "tower"... it was I who was the hour glass= representative of child bearing hips being a woman... sands of time = fine grain so minute but so vast= smallness of a child but still a vast representation to something larger like the sand is to the ocean... shattering glass went past me= all of my illusions and dreams like wanting children have been shattered.... tunnel to the see = whirlwind of her emotions and her child drowning/dying in the abyss
Old 09-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok Guys,
I think it's time we leave this touchy subject for now. I know, that whilst Ms Nicks lets us into her life with her songs - I do believe there are some issues left untouch about her personal life. Recently I have read some negatives posts on her personal life eg. Chery Cusella/Abortions/Secret Lovers. I know that these issues are discussed, but I also know that these discussions can lead to negativity.
We've all heard about the Great Ledge war of '97, do we really want another one?
Old 09-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy2010 View Post
MY INTERPRETATION OF THE SONG AND SOME OF THE LYRICS OF GOODBYE BABY!

Isn't it possible that the tower is code for "cocaine" since it makes you high and towers are high... Couldn't it also be with the take my child away part, that she had to abort at least 1 of the fetuses due to the "tower"... it was I who was the hour glass= representative of child bearing hips being a woman... sands of time = fine grain so minute but so vast= smallness of a child but still a vast representation to something larger like the sand is to the ocean... shattering glass went past me= all of my illusions and dreams like wanting children have been shattered.... tunnel to the see = whirlwind of her emotions and her child drowning/dying in the abyss
Wow...that's deep man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Ok Guys,
I think it's time we leave this touchy subject for now. I know, that whilst Ms Nicks lets us into her life with her songs - I do believe there are some issues left untouch about her personal life. Recently I have read some negatives posts on her personal life eg. Chery Cusella/Abortions/Secret Lovers. I know that these issues are discussed, but I also know that these discussions can lead to negativity.
We've all heard about the Great Ledge war of '97, do we really want another one?
All these kind of posts do is prove that you can't really have a discussion on a discussion board. Constant reminders of a "war" that happened years ago does nothing but incite the people who were involved to have another one... yes, discussions can lead to negativity, they also can lead to people thinking or seeing another perspective. People make distasteful remarks about Stevie's personal life on here all the time - mostly I think it's done in humor as bad as it may be. For a board with a majority of adults (questionable) to get enraged over differing opinions about her private life, which fans have pretty limited information about is totally absurd. I know it happens - it's just absurd.

Ok, I'm done....
Old 09-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Ok Guys,
the tone of this thread has been shockingly civil. and considering stevie made the abortion topic public herself, you can't really say this is untouchable. it might make you uncomfortable, but that's your problem.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
the tone of this thread has been shockingly civil. and considering stevie made the abortion topic public herself, you can't really say this is untouchable. it might make you uncomfortable, but that's your problem.
I agree but I think the problem with this particular topic is that many fans refuse to accept that Stevie had an abortion or abortions. For some I think it goes against their stand on the issue and it bothers them that someone they admire so much could have done something that they don't agree with. That's perfectly fine. But as you said, this is a topic that Stevie has discussed more than once. It's not a matter of speculation that she did or didn't, she has said flat out that she did. But as I said I think many just don't want to believe that their beloved Stevie could do something like this. That is where much of the strong feelings come from. This topic ALWAYS gets people going be it here or at the other Stevie groups. The other topic that gets strong feelings on both sides is whether or not "Street Angel" sucks or not. Again oddly enough both of these topics were discussed by Stevie in the same interview!! ;P
Old 09-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow...that's deep man.

All these kind of posts do is prove that you can't really have a discussion on a discussion board. Constant reminders of a "war" that happened years ago does nothing but incite the people who were involved to have another one... yes, discussions can lead to negativity, they also can lead to people thinking or seeing another perspective. People make distasteful remarks about Stevie's personal life on here all the time - mostly I think it's done in humor as bad as it may be. For a board with a majority of adults (questionable) to get enraged over differing opinions about her private life, which fans have pretty limited information about is totally absurd. I know it happens - it's just absurd.

Ok, I'm done....
That's exactly what I keep thinking. Also, because I was not involved in the war I can't wrap my mind around it being that bad. So I guess this could very well incite a great war part 2 but maybe not.

What we need around here is some Stevie or Lindsey or FM action to give us something to chew on so we don't start picking scabs.

Anywho, In 1997 all I was doing was wearing out The Dance CD. I enjoyed that very much.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 09-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
I'll tell you another thing I keep thinking about. These posts have basicly been about Stevie's sex life. There have been guys who have had hot sweaty sex with Stevie and all I got was a lousy handshake when I met her.......and that depresses me DEEPLY.
Bubba don't forget about the ladies...you know I tapped that back in the 80's and it was way overrated . At least I can safely say none of the abortions were a result of our encounter!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Too bad they didn't have the morning after pill back then...
Old 09-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm not sure about you but to have four abortions is very distasteful. At that number you could almost consider it as birth control. No matter how much I love Stevie I don't think that can be excused.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So far, Stevie herself has only admitted to ONE abortion. She "lost" 4 children, working under the assumption one article is correct and nothing was taken out of context. Tough call.

I have to go now, I'm getting all verklempt because my snow-white image of Stevie has been tarnished....

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-15-2010 at 03:06 PM..
Old 09-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So far, Stevie herself has only admitted to ONE abortion. She "lost" 4 children, working under the assumption one article is correct and nothing was taken out of context. Tough call.

I have to go now, I'm getting al verklempt because my snow-white image of Stevie has been tarnished....
Actually, snow white is pretty accurate.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This may have already been addressed, but the Don Henley quote was in Rolling Stone around the time INSIDE JOB came out.....I still remember reading it....my jaw was on the floor, and I could help but feel sorry for Stevie....it just seemed like he had crossed a line that shouldn't have been crossed.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuncles View Post
I agree but I think the problem with this particular topic is that many fans refuse to accept that Stevie had an abortion or abortions. For some I think it goes against their stand on the issue and it bothers them that someone they admire so much could have done something that they don't agree with. That's perfectly fine. But as you said, this is a topic that Stevie has discussed more than once. It's not a matter of speculation that she did or didn't, she has said flat out that she did. But as I said I think many just don't want to believe that their beloved Stevie could do something like this. That is where much of the strong feelings come from. This topic ALWAYS gets people going be it here or at the other Stevie groups. The other topic that gets strong feelings on both sides is whether or not "Street Angel" sucks or not. Again oddly enough both of these topics were discussed by Stevie in the same interview!! ;P
I'm definitely pro-choice, but I've got to say.....FOUR??? One, O.K., two, maybe....but FOUR?? Abortion IS NOT a form of birth control.
I think this might be what some people have a problem with (aside from the folks who flat-out don't believe in it!).
On the flipside, though, I agree....this is none of our business. Stevie's songs, her singing, her performances...that's all we need to be concerned about or think we have a say in. Any thing else is HER life, Nuff said!