The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anyone seen the full article yet? Is it actually out now?
Old 03-21-2019, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Surprised you are interested in this article considering you don't have much time to obsess over a band line up change rather than needing to worry about kids, health issues, mortgages, aging parents, work issues etc.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Surprised you are interested in this article considering you don't have much time to obsess over a band line up change rather than needing to worry about kids, health issues, mortgages, aging parents, work issues etc.
Nope, not obsessing over any line up issues, Christine and Mick are part of a band I follow, so I'm interested to hear what they have to say about anything in a new interview. Thanks for your concern though.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
It’s been out for several days now. You can buy it on Mojo app for $3.99. I’ve been posting excerpts in “mick admits FM lied” thread.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-21-2019, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
It’s been out for several days now. You can buy it on Mojo app for $3.99. I’ve been posting excerpts in “mick admits FM lied” thread.
Thanks! Hopefully the whole article will make its way on here from someone eventually.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:57 AM
Ledgie

Default Thank you in advance

It would be great if someone could post the MOJO article here. Thank you.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Lawsuit, blind loyalty, senile.
In 1987 when they asked her if they would be playing Lindsey songs on tour, she said maybe, but pointed out that aside from GYOW he never had any hits anyway. Of course, she felt abandoned then, so the cattiness had a rationale. It doesn’t today.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
then why sit there and say nothing while Stevie told a big fat lie on tv that it was all about touring schedules? Spineless money grubbers.
Legally gagged?
Old 03-22-2019, 12:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Legally gagged?
They were never legally gagged. Lindsey didn't file suit until October. The CBS and Rolling Stone interviews took place in April. I'm sure they were fearful of a lawsuit from Day 1 and should have been cautious about what they said (which they clearly weren't, given what we know to be true/false now), but they weren't "legally gagged" then or after the suit was settled.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well, it will be interesting to see what the queen has to say at her hall of fame induction in about a week's time. she can thank jimmy for, in her own words, "handing me my solo career" but really, she should thank lindsey for handing her her career, period. even tom admitted that lindsey remains her best producer, and that there were many times tom was confronted with her droning demos and couldn't figure what the hell to do with them when lindsey then came and knew exactly what to do with them.

chris also has said that she wouldn't know what to do with stevie's songs and that when stevie tried to explain what she was trying to do with a song chris "had no idea" what stevie was saying, but that lindsey would just totally get it and be able to translate her non technical incoherence into something musicians could understand.

in many ways stevie, who likes to think she is her own magnificent creation, is really (in the studio at least) the creation of other, more talented people who take her raw scraps, shape them, and tell her what and how to sing. lindsey has said that really, based on the amount of work he did on so much of her material, that many of them should in fact be credited as co-writes. but her ego would never stand for that.

i think the RRHOF induction will just make her more insufferable. the fact that it's for her solo work (much of which is comprised -- certainly so for bella donna-- of songs she had in her collection since before FM, songs that LB worked on and created the basic format of how they should be recorded already.., like that's alright, sorcerer, candle bright, and on and on) will let her pretend she did it all herself or with jimmy. jimmy himself said when he started working with her she had no idea about anything because she let lindsey do everything (so she could dance around and have fun).
100% this. It drives me insane that Stevie's fanatics won't admit these truths. They refuse to believe it.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
100% this. It drives me insane that Stevie's fanatics won't admit these truths. They refuse to believe it.
Why would they if she doesn't admit it herself?

They follow her like a bunch of minions
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What the Stevie fanatics don't like to hear is the MOST people who are going to see this current line up, have NO idea Lindsey is no longer with the band. I just talked to a friend and mentioned Lindsey's heart problems to him. He hadn't heard about it. Then I mentioned the firing and he also hadn't heard about it. This guy is a HUGE classic rock fan and listens to the radio all the time, yet he didn't hear this. My brother didn't hear about it either and bought tickets. He was PISSED. He said "it's NOT FM without Lindsey"
Old 03-23-2019, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
What the Stevie fanatics don't like to hear is the MOST people who are going to see this current line up, have NO idea Lindsey is no longer with the band. I just talked to a friend and mentioned Lindsey's heart problems to him. He hadn't heard about it. Then I mentioned the firing and he also hadn't heard about it. This guy is a HUGE classic rock fan and listens to the radio all the time, yet he didn't hear this. My brother didn't hear about it either and bought tickets. He was PISSED. He said "it's NOT FM without Lindsey"
and that is exactly why Stevie cult is calling on other fans to stop talking about it, stop putting it on social media, and to get over it. and may also be one of the many reasons many people are still talking about it.

of course the whole argument that "it's been a year" is making people look either stupid or ignorant, when Lindsey's heart attack that was clearly caused by the stress of what the band did / is continuing to do to him was just a month ago, and for all we know he may not even be able to talk let alone to sing ever again. so that's not water under the bridge. that's right now, one of the Classic 5 has his health problems caused by the other 4, and we as fans may never be able to get new music from him or see him live again, because of that. so that's now and in the future, not a year ago.

transparency and facts are important to some fans, while many others would do anything to provide a cover for their idols.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-23-2019, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Appears they got Christine to conform to the propaganda. They are all a bunch of sell outs.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Look at the data available to us. Two anecdotes from someone who has been dyspeptic about the new FM for over a year, versus the fact that hundreds of thousands are attending one of the top successful tours of the year? The evidence seems to indicate that few people beyond this forum give a good @$#% about Lindsey and his firing.