Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Magic Numbers on Rumours in new issue of Uncut

The Magic Numbers are the latest British band making waves over here, they are made up of two sets of brother and sisters. I really like them. Anyway, they chose Rumours as their favourite album in the latest issue of Uncut. Here's what the lead singer had to say.

ROMEO STODART: A lot of people dismiss it as soft-rock, but for me Rumours perfectly captures the sound of the ‘70s. It’s not as complex or bluesy as other Fleetwood Mac albums, but it’s still an incredibly compelling record. That said, I think it’s mad it sold so many copies, considering it was obviously such a personal record for all the members of the band. Mick Fleetwood was in the process of divorcing his wife, John and Christine McVie had divorced a year earlier, and Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham were going through a really messy break-up. There’s a couple of songs where the lyrics could be interpreted as ambiguous, but “Go Your Own Way”, “I Don’t Wanna Know” and “Never Going Back Again” were obviously blatant messages to one another. Other bands would have called it a day and gone their separate ways, but the fact they stayed together and nailed these incredible songs about love and heartache is astonishing.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Good on them!
Thanks for posting, Sharon.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very cool. When they first came on TV, my boyfriend yelled me and said "Nic, look...a band with boys and girls and shes got a tambourine....do you want to make the FM reference or shall I?! "

LOL

~Nicki
*~~*Never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously, you never get hurt. And if you never get hurt, you always have fun. If you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.*~~*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 08-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
The Magic Numbers are the latest British band making waves over here, they are made up of two sets of brother and sisters. I really like them. Anyway, they chose Rumours as their favourite album in the latest issue of Uncut. Here's what the lead singer had to say.

ROMEO STODART: A lot of people dismiss it as soft-rock, but for me Rumours perfectly captures the sound of the ‘70s. It’s not as complex or bluesy as other Fleetwood Mac albums, but it’s still an incredibly compelling record. That said, I think it’s mad it sold so many copies, considering it was obviously such a personal record for all the members of the band. Mick Fleetwood was in the process of divorcing his wife, John and Christine McVie had divorced a year earlier, and Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham were going through a really messy break-up. There’s a couple of songs where the lyrics could be interpreted as ambiguous, but “Go Your Own Way”, “I Don’t Wanna Know” and “Never Going Back Again” were obviously blatant messages to one another. Other bands would have called it a day and gone their separate ways, but the fact they stayed together and nailed these incredible songs about love and heartache is astonishing.

Excellent find Sharon!
Old 08-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost

These individuals obviously have good taste.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I obviously missed this thread in 05, but I must say it is quite obvious that they are inspired by the Mac. As soon as I heard them on the radio back then, it sparkled something inside of me that I can only describe as "my Mac-sensibility".

Old 02-19-2007, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Missed their first album in 2005 as well, but I just love them now
Thanks for posting this, Sharon!