User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
This is not about "my favorite band member", it's about someone who was fired after 43 years of hard work. Not 2 or 3 years like Bob Welch. Not like Christine who chose to leave the band. Not like Stevie who I still see in the band doing what she wants.
You can name all members of the band. Lindsey's situation is unique. No one was in the band as longer as him and was fired, and didn't see it coming.

So, yeah, I want them to fail and to end this circus once and for all so I can see Lindsey on his solo tour. Of course what I want and what will happen are two entirely different things, and I'm not expecting you to understand it since you're not a Lindsey fan.

I'm just happy knowing they will have to work harder (more venues) to fill their pockets like they're used to.
And if Peter Green's fans had wanted them to cease to exist after he was gone and it had happened, you'd never know who Lindsey was (or Christine, or Bob or any of the other members who worked for the band over the years), and so many of the songs that you enjoy listening to would never have been. If you are upset with them, I totally get that. But for someone to wish that they never play another note? That seems so unfair to the people who still appreciate them. I truly hope that you get to see Lindsey and totally rock out and enjoy him. There are a lot of us who still want to see the band perform as well and it would be a shame if they just decided to quit doing what they do while they still have something to offer. Have a good afternoon ButtonLip, I hope the sun is shining where you are.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
And if Peter Green's fans had wanted them to cease to exist after he was gone and it had happened, you'd never know who Lindsey was (or Christine, or Bob or any of the other members who worked for the band over the years), and so many of the songs that you enjoy listening to would never have been. If you are upset with them, I totally get that. But for someone to wish that they never play another note? That seems so unfair to the people who still appreciate them. I truly hope that you get to see Lindsey and totally rock out and enjoy him. There are a lot of us who still want to see the band perform as well and it would be a shame if they just decided to quit doing what they do while they still have something to offer. Have a good afternoon ButtonLip, I hope the sun is shining where you are.
Are you sure about that? So, according to you, without FM Lindsey would be no one today? Best joke ever!

Then I can't even begin to imagine where Stevie would be....

At this point you surely know I'm not the only one who want them to fail.... In my mind they already did. Just the fact that they still couldn't even achieve one sold out... that's enough for me. And please, don't tell me it happened in 2015 because of Christine's return. I can count many sold outs before her return.

They're gonna suck without their musical director anyway, so yeah, have fun with your cover band.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please, fans are thrilled with this new line up. Can't you feel it in the air tonight?
What they're trying to tell you is that this "change" is like any other change they band had experienced. Because Lindsey didn't contribute to the band at all. We still have two songwriters....

Dates are added because they're already losing money and they will lose more once the concert dates approach and they will have to drop prices in order to sell the remaining tickets. But we're fine!!!!

We're cool and we don't need Lindsey!

I still can't understand why he wants to go back with these idiots.
Exactly, they are not adding grand rapids to the tour due to success. They will be in the area for detroit and have the opportunity to lick their wounds and pick some money up. Stevie lost a day off.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
re: ... Already so Lindsey can do his own tour.

Agreed. I'm more interested in a Lindsey solo tour at this point.
I cannot wait to hear about Lindsey's tour!
Old 07-24-2018, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you sure about that? So, according to you, without FM Lindsey would be no one today? Best joke ever!

Then I can't even begin to imagine where Stevie would be....

At this point you surely know I'm not the only one who want them to fail.... In my mind they already did. Just the fact that they still couldn't even achieve one sold out... that's enough for me. And please, don't tell me it happened in 2015 because of Christine's return. I can count many sold outs before her return.

They're gonna suck without their musical director anyway, so yeah, have fun with your cover band.
Yes, I am sure about that. Just because we disagree I don't think you're a bad person. Hopefully none of us have lost the ability to have a civil discussion around here. So yes, I am sure that I hope the sun is shining where you are and that you have a good day. Today I wish the sun was shining where I am. Days of rain and another gloomy morning, but I am looking forward to a beach trip in a couple of weeks, so that's nice. Also...the reason why I didn't bother to mention where Stevie would (or wouldn't!) be if the band had decided to close up shop after Peter was gone was that I know you wouldn't care if she'd ever had the opportunity to be in the band. Therefore, I only spoke about Christine, Lindsey, Bob and the rest of the members through the years...
Old 07-24-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Yes, I am sure about that. Just because we disagree I don't think you're a bad person. Hopefully none of us have lost the ability to have a civil discussion around here. So yes, I am sure that I hope the sun is shining where you are and that you have a good day. Today I wish the sun was shining where I am. Days of rain and another gloomy morning, but I am looking forward to a beach trip in a couple of weeks, so that's nice. Also...the reason why I didn't bother to mention where Stevie would (or wouldn't!) be if the band had decided to close up shop after Peter was gone was that I know you wouldn't care if she'd ever had the opportunity to be in the band. Therefore, I only spoke about Christine, Lindsey, Bob and the rest of the members through the years...
I would pay a lot of money to see Christine, Bob, John and Mick. That would be the ultimate show for me.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I would pay a lot of money to see Christine, Bob, John and Mick. That would be the ultimate show for me.
Bob was very cool.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Bob was very cool.
He has the most interesting tunes, IMO.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, well, you clearly didn't understand my question or chose not to, because it suits you better.
I was talking about your certainty of Lindsey being nowhere around the music business if it wasn't for FM. That was truly a good joke.

About Stevie, we all know she wouldn't be in the band if it wasn't for Lindsey. THAT's what's gonna haunt her til the day she dies.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-24-2018, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, well, you clearly didn't understand my question or chose not to, because it suits you better.
I was talking about your certainty of Lindsey being nowhere around the music business if it wasn't for FM. That was truly a good joke.

About Stevie, we all know she wouldn't be in the band if it wasn't for Lindsey. THAT's what's gonna haunt her til the day she dies.
The last thing I said to you was to have a nice day, I assumed that was what you meant when the first thing you asked was if I was sure. Lindsey and Stevie may have made it musically in some capacity without the band, but I don't think it would be nearly to the extent that it is now. With being dropped from the label, reportedly they were very discouraged that a career in music was ever going to work out. Wasn't there talk about going back to school? As far as Bob, Christine and the rest of the crowd, I don't know what their prospects would have been if the band didn't exist and they had never been invited in, but I think it is safe to say it did considerable good in boosting everyone's profile in a way that would never have happened without it. This all goes back to the larger point that if the band had folded at any point along the way, we would have missed out on a lot of good people and songs.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The last thing I said to you was to have a nice day, I assumed that was what you meant when the first thing you asked was if I was sure. Lindsey and Stevie may have made it musically in some capacity without the band, but I don't think it would be nearly to the extent that it is now. With being dropped from the label, reportedly they were very discouraged that a career in music was ever going to work out. Wasn't there talk about going back to school? As far as Bob, Christine and the rest of the crowd, I don't know what their prospects would have been if the band didn't exist and they had never been invited in, but I think it is safe to say it did considerable good in boosting everyone's profile in a way that would never have happened without it. This all goes back to the larger point that if the band had folded at any point along the way, we would have missed out on a lot of good people and songs.
And this all goes back to the larger point that without each other they would have never achieved the level of fame and fortune they have today. Which is why what Mick, Stevie, Christine and John did to Lindsey suck so much.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And this all goes back to the larger point that without each other they would have never achieved the level of fame and fortune they have today. Which is why what Mick, Stevie, Christine and John did to Lindsey suck so much.
Sigh, ok, we seem to be just talking in circles here. If it makes you happy to keep fervently hoping that the band never plays another note together, carry on. I suspect that won't happen so I guess the concert attendees and possibly new music purchasers will be happy. Have a good day...
Old 07-24-2018, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sigh, ok, we seem to be just talking in circles here. If it makes you happy to keep fervently hoping that the band never plays another note together, carry on. I suspect that won't happen so I guess the concert attendees and possibly new music purchasers will be happy. Have a good day...
We keep talking in circles because you keep answering to me.If it frustrates you that much, don't do it anymore.

What band? This band or the one that made everyone successful? The one with Lindsey?

You talk to me as if I'm the only one that want them to fail. Have you taken a look around? 3 out of 10 people in this forum will attend a concert of this next tour. So yeah, have a nice life spending money on a band no one wants to see.

Last edited by button-lip; 07-24-2018 at 03:51 PM..
Old 07-25-2018, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting story. My friend was with a friend of his who knows FM's manager. He said "here's what really happened" Now the story that was relayed to me is SO far fetched and obviously not true it makes me wonder about everything. He said the Mick Fleetwood retired so they needed a new drummer. Stevie was in the studio with Dave Grohl and asked his drummer if he would tour with them. He couldn't do it so they got someone else. When they were rehearsing the new drummer and LB were working some stuff out because LB had control of every nuance. LB was talking to the drummer about how Stevie shouldn't sing harmony on this particular song anymore because she couldn't hit the notes. The drummer thought he was being helpful and mentioned it to Stevie who GOT ENRAGED and went to FM's manager and said she would no longer tour with LB. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? This was actually told to me by my friend who is friends with FM's manager. I just laughed and said "um Mick is a money whore and will be touring until they day he drops" I then showed him the CBS interview with Mick in it and he could not believe how off the story was. I told him that he has to go back and straighten this out and find out how this person got that story? It's so off it's funny.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Interesting story. My friend was with a friend of his who knows FM's manager. He said "here's what really happened" Now the story that was relayed to me is SO far fetched and obviously not true it makes me wonder about everything. He said the Mick Fleetwood retired so they needed a new drummer. Stevie was in the studio with Dave Grohl and asked his drummer if he would tour with them. He couldn't do it so they got someone else. When they were rehearsing the new drummer and LB were working some stuff out because LB had control of every nuance. LB was talking to the drummer about how Stevie shouldn't sing harmony on this particular song anymore because she couldn't hit the notes. The drummer thought he was being helpful and mentioned it to Stevie who GOT ENRAGED and went to FM's manager and said she would no longer tour with LB. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? This was actually told to me by my friend who is friends with FM's manager. I just laughed and said "um Mick is a money whore and will be touring until they day he drops" I then showed him the CBS interview with Mick in it and he could not believe how off the story was. I told him that he has to go back and straighten this out and find out how this person got that story? It's so off it's funny.
The ONE part that is actually believable is that SN got enraged because LB said she couldn't hit the notes .....AND her anger and resentment at him saying that then ensured she got him fired as a result

The rest of the story hmmmmm, not so believable