User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2018, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
It's likely that she just means she just doesn't want to be in a studio with Lindsey. And we have the Destiny Rules documentary as evidence of how unhappy she looked in the studio with him.

In which case, Lindsey should just take a back seat for once and let another producer run the studio. He can write songs and play guitars and arrange her music and sing leads and backing vocals. That should be enough for him, without needing to produce and engineer as well.

Most of us probably want a Lindsey-produced album, but I just wish they'd explored this option at least once.
Who is he supposed to do this for? You did hear he got kicked out of Fleetwood Mac, didn't you?
Old 10-18-2018, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Who is he supposed to do this for? You did hear he got kicked out of Fleetwood Mac, didn't you?
Oh no! When did this happen??
Old 10-18-2018, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh no! When did this happen??
It didn't. It was just a dream. A bad one.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's likely that she just means she just doesn't want to be in a studio with Lindsey. And we have the Destiny Rules documentary as evidence of how unhappy she looked in the studio with him.

In which case, Lindsey should just take a back seat for once and let another producer run the studio. He can write songs and play guitars and arrange her music and sing leads and backing vocals. That should be enough for him, without needing to produce and engineer as well.

Most of us probably want a Lindsey-produced album, but I just wish they'd explored this option at least once.
Didn't the LB/CM and EP sessions start with this in mind? Mitchell Froom was brought in as a producer and I always assumed it was Lindsey's way of reaching providing a buffer for Stevie. Not that it worked...
Old 10-19-2018, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie had been enjoying recording solo material. I think she will do another.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I think Stevie had been enjoying recording solo material. I think she will do another.
Quite frankly, I don't know what she wants at this point. She publicly announces over and over that she despairs of online sharing and dwindling markets for albums, and then she records in Nashville (not to mention the songs she does for movies and TV and cameos with other performers).

She appears nowadays to treat her music completely like a product: Unless it's recouping its cost or turning a profit, it isn't worth doing. That's a shame, because there are other great reasons to record new work, as everyone knows (and the artists themselves should know), not the least of which is what it can do for songwriters themselves—it can re-energize them and give them a sense of new horizons again. If you're a songwriter, it can be immensely gratifying to craft an album of new songs that you're proud of. That gratification can pull you out of an emotional doldrums. If you're hurting or grieving, that's all the more reason to write, write, write. Remember how Stevie dealt with the immediate aftermath of Robin's cancer? By painting. Stevie herself always said that the greatest art comes out of the greatest heartache—but in retrospect it sounds as if she was just being flippant and stentorian.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-19-2018, 09:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Didn’t Stevie say something along the lines of “new music” isn’t selling? This was a few years back.
This excuse is really starting to wear thin, especially when you have other "old" artists like Cher breaking their own previous records.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...board-200-no-3

Even Rod Stewart's latest album is doing well, in an era where music doesn't supposedly sell. I bought both albums, plus Steve Perry's latest "Traces"

Personally (and it saddens me to say it) I think Stevie's well of songs has dried up. If she was as prolific a songwriter and she is apt to remind us I don't see why she wouldn't want to release them, sales be damned. I mean wasn't that the whole part of her going out and having a solo career??? "When you're in Fleetwood Man and can only have three songs per album, that doesn't work well with a prolific songwriter like me" (or something along those lines).

And if in fact she doesn't have any more songs in her, then at the very least put out some albums of your demos we have all be waiting and hoping would someday see the light of day. Not rerecorded versions of demos like "24 Karat Gold, but go and remaster the originals and start releasing those. I think such a project would have most of us salivating with anticipation.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think IYD threw her for a loop. She’s never flat out ruled out making another album, but that she didn’t see why Fleetwood Mac should risk getting sick of each other before touring on something that won’t make money, unlike a tour. Which is why I have hope (50/50) for a new album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-21-2018, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Quite frankly, I don't know what she wants at this point. She publicly announces over and over that she despairs of online sharing and dwindling markets for albums, and then she records in Nashville (not to mention the songs she does for movies and TV and cameos with other performers).
$tevie ... who hates the internet and what it has done to music ... (does Beyonce say that?) but quickly makes a new IG and pops back up on twitter as soon as a new tour is about to start and she has an appearance on AHS again
Old 10-21-2018, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

She appears nowadays to treat her music completely like a product: Unless it's recouping its cost or turning a profit, it isn't worth doing. That's a shame, because there are other great reasons to record new work, as everyone knows (and the artists themselves should know), not the least of which is what it can do for songwriters themselves—it can re-energize them and give them a sense of new horizons again. If you're a songwriter, it can be immensely gratifying to craft an album of new songs that you're proud of. That gratification can pull you out of an emotional doldrums. If you're hurting or grieving, that's all the more reason to write, write, write. Remember how Stevie dealt with the immediate aftermath of Robin's cancer? By painting. Stevie herself always said that the greatest art comes out of the greatest heartache—but in retrospect it sounds as if she was just being flippant and stentorian.

Yep. Remember the Rolling Stone cover story on her in the middle of the band tour... where Chris said "She's a brand" and that she herself is the product she's selling......