User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Oh no question that she is an ass too. She reached her breaking point before he reached his, that is all. My whole point in all of this mess is it is NOT JUST HER. And this article proves he did contribute to his firing even if you want to downplay his actions.
That's where we disagree. I think that she never should have done that. Lindsey probably reached his own personal breaking point with Stevie when she refused to record with her band, but he (nor any remotely level-headed person) never tried to do probably the ugliest thing you could to do someone in that position and have her forced out from her band of 40 years simply because she was just annoying him so much. Even if you LOATHE that person, think about their family who let you into their home, kids who called you 'aunt' and 'queen'; or their legacy which involved a lot of your own beautiful music in that 40 years of work, or simply their humanity-- does this person really deserve THAT? To be able to still do that is a level of low I never thought ANYONE in this group could reach. Whether she was mad about his smirk or his rant about Rhiannon playing or whatever else, theres just something uniquely awful about doing that to a person. I honestly can't think of a worse thing to have done to him aside from separating him from his children. It's an awful, ugly thing to do.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 10-10-2018 at 04:11 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I just think it’s really sad...
Sad for him to be booted out of his life’s work band...
I don’t think he’ll ever return, nor should he.
So it’s sad for fans of the Rumours band, it’s gone.

It’s sad for her, I think she has lost a grip on reality.
She must be in some kind of world of her own.

I do think there are two sides to all stories and one side has told their truth.
Stevie should come out and tell hers.
And maybe Christine should tell her side, fill in the truth for us.
Yes I believe Lindsey I just want to hear Stevie’s side.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No. There is no reason to. He’s been an asshole for 40 years and she’s sick of it. She likes the remaining four members (now 6) so why should SHE quit?
You clearly don’t understand a damn thing about a legacy and you’re not a FM fan. Same with Stevie.

She has been a ****ing bitch for the past 43 years but there she is.

She doesn’t give a damn about the band. All she wanted was to hurt him. Let’s see if all those remaining members she likes so much stays after this.

“I’m not the boss of the band”, with tears in her eyes. What a ****ing liar!

Stevie’s cultists are in extinction since today.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly. I've never thought she was very intelligent, either. She's got charisma, but I don't think her elevator goes to the top floor.
You know somewhere in that list of things the goat took issue with was the f’ing Bob Dylan comment. I’m sure her list of grudges is long and deep and totally stupid. Stand Back getting pulled off the 2014 setlist likely pissed her off. Buckingham McVie definitely enraged Saint Stephanie. I don’t know if she’s not bright or just a vindictive old miserable woman, but she has soured me so much on the band. They should’ve all just called it quits after The Dance.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
That's where we disagree. I think that she never should have done that. Lindsey probably reached his own personal breaking point with Stevie when she refused to record with her band, but he (nor any remotely level-headed person) never tried to do probably the ugliest thing you could to do someone in that position and have her forced out from her band of 40 years simply because she was just annoying him so much. Even if you LOATHE that person, think about their family who let you into their home, kids who called you 'aunt' and 'queen'; or their legacy which involved a lot of your own beautiful music in that 40 years of work, or simply their humanity-- does this person really deserve THAT? To be able to still do that is a level of low I never thought ANYONE in this group could reach. Whether she was mad about his smirk or his rant about Rhiannon playing or whatever else, theres just something uniquely awful about doing that to a person. I honestly can't think of a worse thing to have done to him aside from separating him from his children. It's an awful, ugly thing to do.
Exactly. I just feel sick inside. How could Stevie be so selfish and cruel?

Old 10-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh no question that she is an ass too. She reached her breaking point before he reached his, that is all. My whole point in all of this mess is it is NOT JUST HER. And this article proves he did contribute to his firing even if you want to downplay his actions.
he was a total sh&t to her for a long time in the past. then he was gone for a decade and then eventually when she hit bottom and her solo career was at its nadir they made up (in the 90s) and got the band back together again.

But it's been 20 years since then. And what is in the DR doc that is so bad?? He went out of his way to be nice to her. He tells her that her lyrics could be tighter? Guess what, that's a producer's JOB. Jimmy told her the same thing in the albums he did with her. She got too big for her britches and fired him for it eventually. No one tells ME what to do. The reason she loved working with Dave Stewart was because he never told her no. The result? Songs that are hideously too long and repetitive (Lady, anyone?) or just incoherent (Mabel Normand, anyone?) or lazy (I Don't Care, Cheaper Than Free). A producer is supposed to turn your demos into actual radio friendly songs.
She showed up one day with her assistant/pitbull to double team him and pounce on him for not signing a contract-- a contract that was inappropriate to what they were doing. Watch it again.

The point is, the events of Musicares were not enough to warrant her actions, especially given how much worse all the behavior was in the past.

Part of her problem is she has been surrounded by ass kissers for too long. "How dare they treat you this way?" has been drilled into her head. She's said people like Don Henley were her role models, and that Don taught her "how to be a rock star" -- demanding the presidential suite etc. Azoff encouraged and enabled more of that. Hell Petty even hired her and her entourage their own private jet to follow him around on tour.

Watch the old Rosebud films-- where she's backstage high as a kite goofing around with the road crew. She tells her label guy that she's hanging out with the crew because "they're soooo much better than the BAND" she says the word dripping with derision. She's a brat. She was even then. She just knows how to bs everyone with her public face.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-10-2018 at 04:20 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
I think there is more to the story than what Lindsey is saying. Always two sides to everything, it takes two to break a relationship. I'm not defending anyone here. But lots of details seem to be missing.
I can only think things between Stevie and Lindsey have never been that good. They both know how to push buttons. Lindsey comes across as an overbearing perfectionist that has to be right. Stevie who lives in a bubble is at times oversensitive and reactive.
They seem to feed off of each other at times. I bet Lindsey can be at least emotionally abusive, knows what will stir her up.
So after many years of this, I think Stevie had enough, whatever happened at music cares may have been the tipping point of years and years of tension.
Maybe in her old age, she simply didn't want to deal with all the negative emotions and fighting anymore. I can understand how she may have come to this conclusion.
You have to consider, some of us are very close to the crew of the band, (people we know/friends etc).. or even Elle, who talks to LB herself on more than one occasion and more than M&G's.

The story that LB has given is exactly what I had heard back in the early part of the year. A lot of people were not allowed to comment because they could get their sources in a lot of trouble or even fired. (Billy burst that bubble.)

So when $tevie comes out and lies about LB not wanting to tour. (A PR move). One cringes at her lack of any human decency. $he is what Hollywood has become today, Bloated, rich, entitled, crass, and dishonest.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
How do you know this? Were you there?

And no way she would be the success she is without him. Rhiannon, as written, would never have been a hit single. Thank him for that. Same with Landslide.
Same with all her stuff on Tusk.

Per Jimmy Iovine, when she went to do Bella Donna, she had no sense of what was a good song, what was a good arrangement, because she always let Lindsey decide for her. If he did the heavy lifting, she could partay.

We don't know if she likes the other 4 members, but clearly she can control them by threatening to leave.
That’s the problem with Stevie and her fans. They will NEVER get over the fact that he was the reason she’s into FM today. And that’s how she repays him. So they play the abusive card.

Let’s see what happens after this tour is over.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he was a total sh&t to her for a long time in the past. then he was gone for a decade and then eventually when she hit bottom and her solo career was at its nadir they made up (in the 90s) and got the band back together again.

But it's been 20 years since then. And what is in the DR doc that is so bad?? He went out of his way to be nice to her. He tells her that her lyrics could be tighter? Guess what, that's a producer's JOB. Jimmy told her the same thing in the albums he did with her. She got too big for her britches and fired him for it eventually. No one tells ME what to do. The reason she loved working with Dave Stewart was because he never told her no. The result? Songs that are hideously too long and repetitive (Lady, anyone?) or just incoherent (Mabel Normand, anyone?) or lazy (I Don't Care, Cheaper Than Free). A producer is supposed to turn your demos into actual radio friendly songs.
She showed up one day with her assistant/pitbull to double team him and pounce on him for not signing a contract-- a contract that was inappropriate to what they were doing. Watch it again.

The point is, the events of Musicares were not enough to warrant her actions, especially given how much worse all the behavior was in the past.

Part of her problem is she has been surrounded by ass kissers for too long. "How dare they treat you this way?" has been drilled into her head. She's said people like Don Henley were her role models, and that Don taught her "how to be a rock star" -- demanding the presidential suite etc. Azoff encouraged and enabled more of that. Hell Petty even hired her and her entourage their own private jet to follow him around on tour.

Watch the old Rosebud films-- where she's backstage high as a kite goofing around with the road crew. She tells her label guy that she's hanging out with the crew because "they're soooo much better than the BAND" she says the word dripping with derision. She's a brat. She was even then. She just knows how to bs everyone with her public face.
Yup. And even after she and Jimmy patched things up as friends, they never worked together again. Same with Rick Olsen. He talked about how the RAL album was very rough and it took a while to be friends again afterwards. And again, they didn't work together anymore after. The SA producer she also had a falling out with. Stevie is a textbook diva. She doesn't like being critiqued and doesn't want to deal with people who give her anything that remotely resembles a hard time.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
It’s always something or someone else. Lindsey. Managers. Cocaine. Klonopin. The doctor. Someone’s death. Maybe she’s just simply an asshole who makes one terrible choice after another.
Thank you!
Old 10-10-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
It’s always something or someone else. Lindsey. Managers. Cocaine. Klonopin. The doctor. Someone’s death. Maybe she’s just simply an a$shole who makes one terrible choice after another.
You hit the nail on the head. And stand up and own your bad decisions, time to stop playing the victim.... you created your own destiny.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even though I don’t like her anymore I would still listen to her music it… Not anymore never again.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Well I just think it’s really sad...
Sad for him to be booted out of his life’s work band...
I don’t think he’ll ever return, nor should he.
So it’s sad for fans of the Rumours band, it’s gone.

It’s sad for her, I think she has lost a grip on reality.
She must be in some kind of world of her own.

I do think there are two sides to all stories and one side has told their truth.
Stevie should come out and tell hers.
And maybe Christine should tell her side, fill in the truth for us.
Yes I believe Lindsey I just want to hear Stevie’s side.
We did. First, it was about the tour. Then, it was about wanting to be happy. All PR to $ell tickets. We heard her lie on national TV.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t think she is a poor victim. She has had it up to here with his antics...and now he is gone.
K. And what about her antics?
Old 10-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I completely agree with you--I've watched and rematched DR multiple times, unless the "bad stuff" hit the cutting room floor, nothing in that looked remotely hostile.