User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala View Post
Stevie dedicated Landslide... "as a strong woman...to the women of Iran in the struggle for freedom"
She's already said more than Obama. Stevie 4 President!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Wow, that's highly unusual for Stevie to say something that political, especially in concert. It's good to hear that Stevie is paying attention to current world events, even on the road . It's a good reminder she's not as dippy as she'd have us believe .
Exactly! Although, I admit she does amuse....
Old 06-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Wow, they said a lot of unique things last night. I wish I could have been there to hear it. Mick's birthday, Iran, Denmark. What spontaneity from them. Love it. I've enjoyed this tour immensely. In 1984 I saw the Jacksons' Victory tour 11 times. Had no plans to see Jackson in London this summer. Figured I would buy the dvd when it came out. Well . . . I'm not going to wait to buy any Fleetwood Mac dvds.

I can't accept Stevie's invitation to see the band in Denmark, but I will try to see them in Europe and try to make all the memories last.

Michele
Go and see them in Sweden October 10th!!! I'm going to be there!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default edmontonjournal.com July 1, 2009

You pay more than $100 for each ticket to the Fleetwood Mac concert, talk loudly and incessantly throughout every song, then get up and leave before the encore to be the first out of the parking lot. Why did you even bother going?

— The Fleetwood Mac concert was outstanding, but we had issues with the couple beside us. The women stood up and blocked everyone’s view. She talked on her cellphone and spilled drinks. We paid $290 each for our tickets, but my husband could not see any of the concert except on the big screens. Do we want to do this again? I don’t think so.

— People attending rock concerts — especially ones with bouncy tunes such as Fleetwood Mac — should expect some people are going to stand and dance. Imagine a Rolling Stones concert with the entire audience sitting, arms folded.
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Enter...208/story.html
Old 07-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You pay more than $100 for each ticket to the Fleetwood Mac concert, talk loudly and incessantly throughout every song, then get up and leave before the encore to be the first out of the parking lot. Why did you even bother going?
Agreed...I DO NOT understand people who go to a concert/sporting event/etc and leave before it's over. Especially these days when tickets are so expensive. Why wouldn't you want to wring every last drop of experience out of your night over beating the rush in the parking lot? I just want to take these people and shake them. Is that wrong?

Definitely had some equally unexcited people in Calgary on the floor. They didn't show up until half way through Storms. My friend and I had to get out of the row so they could get in. They stayed for one song, then decided they needed beer. Came back during Oh Well...then left again. Came back half way through GYOW and left in the middle of World Turning. Clearly...not fans.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala View Post
Agreed...I DO NOT understand people who go to a concert/sporting event/etc and leave before it's over. Especially these days when tickets are so expensive. Definitely had some equally unexcited people in Calgary on the floor. They didn't show up until half way through Storms. My friend and I had to get out of the row so they could get in. They stayed for one song, then decided they needed beer. Came back during Oh Well...then left again. Came back half way through GYOW and left in the middle of World Turning. Clearly...not fans.
Maybe they had comped tickets and therefore didn't give a &uck.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Maybe they had comped tickets and therefore didn't give a &uck.
That's my theory...probably from an oil company or something, since we are in that part of the world...but still