User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Fave vocal performance on SYW?

What song showcases his VOCALS, not guitar, not production, ONLY VOCALS on Say You Will?

Red Rover - Okay, technicalities aside, O....M.....G....when his voice SOARS during "and the lips you were kissing....night after night...." PHA-NOMINAL!!!!!

Murrow - that high voice is coolness and he just gives an awesome vocal in that song!! "Feel the ooze..." the way he sings ooze....chilling....
Old 05-16-2003, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Should have kept going, Christy!

"ALL were bathed in bluuuuue"...that "ALL" I just love!

And the last minute of "Steal Your Heart Away" is the best part of the song, especially those last "Alone we suf-fer"'s.

And I'd like to take this opportunity to also mention his harmonies on the Wall of Sound version of "Thrown Down", especially at the very end!

Oh yeah, baby...

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 05-16-2003, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Sugar...

If I had kept going, there would be NO stopping me!! LOL There are TONS of fave vocal MOMENTS, but I was just listing a couple of songs that WOW me in terms of his vocals throughout the song...I mean...his bgv's on the entire album and especially Stevie's songs...HOLY SMOKES!!! RTTG..that high vocal bgv...I frickin LOVE IT!!! Also, on Smile at You...the chorus....and in Illume, that freaky, creepy, awesome vocal in the middle...FREAKS me out...and I love it!!!!

And don't even get me STARTED on Say Goodbye from the Columbus show...his vocals were....to DIE for!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2003, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the fact that he uses lots of effects into his songs, but I'd also like to hear his real voice once in awhile... the songs that allow me to do that, more or less, are "Steal Your Heart Away", "Peacekeeper" and "Say Goodbye", so I think these three are his best vocal performances in Say You Will. "Red Rover" sounds GREAT (especially with those changes in the stressing of the words - lips you were kissing etc.) and so does the chorus of "Come", but... they all sound technologically altered... which is not necessarily a bad thing. I guess Lindsey still likes to play with those machines and gets good results when he does it.

Song of the moment - Eyes Of The World
Old 05-17-2003, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Cristian...

Yeah, his voice is so pretty (his words...AND MINE!! LOL) and I cannot WAIT to hear it live in concert with no machine tricks and stuff....just PURE Lindsey!!
Old 05-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love his voice on Say Goodbye....its almost like a whisper between two lovers...
I also love his voice in the chorus of EFO! I can totally hear him over Stevie but I think his voice in that song makes it totally rock out!

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 05-19-2003, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On his songs, Red Rover is soaring and wonderful because of it. I like Say Goodbye a lot because it's his "pretty" voice. Hehe. I also like the genuine nature of his vocals on Steal, Bleed & Love Minus Zero.

On Stevie's songs, I agree with Tamara - I think he adds great emotion and tension to EFO. His vocals add a lot of oomph to the delivery of that song. Also, I really like his vocals on Illume. The shadowing thing he does behind Stevie's vocals through most of the song adds something ominous that I dig.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Why do you come around?"

"And the lips you were kissing night after night..."

"Wait For The Dark Of Night"

"Murrow's Turnin' Ova"

Backing vocals-

"Shakin The Faith In Me No, You're shaking the faith in everything else, a decision no one makes, and now you're goin home."

"Never did I mean to....imprison you...here in my garden...like i am imprisoned."

and more
Old 05-19-2003, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What's The World Coming To
&
Bleed To Love Her

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 05-24-2003, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
I love his voice on Say Goodbye....its almost like a whisper between two lovers...
I love the way you put that! Well said! I totally agree and that is my fav. vocals on the album. I think it's a very heartfelt performance.

As for live, same song...in particular, the opening night performance...that part where he sings "So hard to find your way, when the liars come around".....his voice does this jump-thing....I get goosebumps every time I hear it!