The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine visiting Mick and John in Feb?

http://wncx.cbslocal.com/2013/01/16/...us-this-april/

and

http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2013/0...ntent=FaceBook

Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Christine McVie May Visit Mick & John prior to Fleetwood Mac Rehearsals

Christine McVie - January, 1993
Photo: Neal Preston

Fleetwood Mac will kick-off their 2013 tour in Columbus on April 4th, and fans should expect to see a foursome on the stage comprised of Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood.

The group did not reach out to Christine McVie for the upcoming tour, knowing that she would turn down the offer. Christine retired in 1998 and currently lives in England. McVie, who wrote and sang “Say You Love Me,” “Over My Head,” “You Make Loving Fun,” “Think About Me,” “Hold Me,” “Little Lies,” and of course, “Don’t Stop”, left the band after their reunion tour promoting 1997′s The Dance.

Mick Fleetwood told Premiere Radio that Christine McVie might visit him and her ex-husband (John McVie) as they prep for the tour. “We are hearing that Christine is going to come out — she doesn’t like flying very much at all — and that was part of, one of the reasons was why she had had enough of touring. But she’s coming out to visit me and John in early February, just before we start rehearsing.”

Carl Harp, 98.5 WNCX

Interesting if this is the case! Rehearsals would be in L.A.... What on earth would Christine be doing in L.A.? She couldn't possibly just be going to visit Mick and John on the rehearsal set! (no offence Mick). England to L.A. is a pretty fair distance to travel. Hmmm... Makes you wonder.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://wncx.cbslocal.com/2013/01/16/...us-this-april/

Fleetwood Mac: Touring As Foursome, Coming To Columbus This April
Carl Harp, 98.5 WNCX

January 16, 2013 10:13 AM
Photo credit: JON LEVY/AFP/Getty Images)
Reporting Carl Harp

2013 tour, christine mcVie, Columbus, Fleetwood Mac, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, nationwide arena, preview, rumours, Stevie Nicks, tickets
Fleetwood Mac will kick-off their 2013 tour in Columbus on April 4th, and fans should expect to see a foursome on the stage comprised of Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood.

The group did not reach out to Christine McVie for the upcoming tour, knowing that she would turn down the offer. Christine retired in 1998 and currently lives in England. McVie, who wrote and sang “Say You Love Me,” “Over My Head,” “You Make Loving Fun,” “Think About Me,” “Hold Me,” “Little Lies,” and of course, “Don’t Stop”, left the band after their reunion tour promoting 1997′s The Dance.

PHOTOS: LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM AT THE LORAIN PALACE THEATRE

Mick Fleetwood told Premiere Radio that Christine McVie might visit him and her ex-husband (John McVie) as they prep for the tour. “We are hearing that Christine is going to come out — she doesn’t like flying very much at all — and that was part of, one of the reasons was why she had had enough of touring. But she’s coming out to visit me and John in early February, just before we start rehearsing.”

Lindsey Buckingham told CBS Local “It’s an odd thing for me, in many ways I’m having a better time in the band as a foursome, only because it opens up a range of things that I can do. Except for maybe ‘Don’t Stop,’ we don’t do a lot of her stuff. It opens up the amount of material we can play, it allows me to be more of a ‘guy,’ to be more of who I am up there,” he explains, saying that without a keyboardist in the band, his guitar takes center stage. ”I would be shocked if she ever expressed any interest to do anything with us. Shocked and pleased.”

Tickets for the Columbus concert are now on sale on Ticketmaster.com and run $49.50 – $149.50. This tour marks the 35th anniversary of their classic album Rumours and is the first since 2009.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey Buckingham told CBS Local “It’s an odd thing for me, in many ways I’m having a better time in the band as a foursome, only because it opens up a range of things that I can do. Except for maybe ‘Don’t Stop,’ we don’t do a lot of her stuff. It opens up the amount of material we can play, it allows me to be more of a ‘guy,’ to be more of who I am up there,”
I'll open him up as a guy all right.

Michele
Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Interesting if this is the case! Rehearsals would be in L.A.... What on earth would Christine be doing in L.A.? She couldn't possibly just be going to visit Mick and John on the rehearsal set! (no offence Mick). England to L.A. is a pretty fair distance to travel. Hmmm... Makes you wonder.
Well... I find it interesting that she is just visiting Mick and John and not the other two. I interpret this as being nothing more than Christine getting her tan on in Maui, not LA. Still... I can't imagine that Mick would not somehow try to twist her arm into doing something. Imagine the three of them jamming out in Mick's guest cottage!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Well... I find it interesting that she is just visiting Mick and John and not the other two. I interpret this as being nothing more than Christine getting her tan on in Maui, not LA. Still... I can't imagine that Mick would not somehow try to twist her arm into doing something. Imagine the three of them jamming out in Mick's guest cottage!
yeah that's how i read it too - she's going to HI, not LA.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah I think she is going to HI, the article doesn't mention anything about LA (unless I missed it.) Just that "she is flying out".

wouldn't it be a total shock and surprise if they announced just 2 weeks b4 the tour a "one off" reunion in LA!

For publicity and promotion, I don't think this could hurt the Mac.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 PM

Nice to see LB would be pleased. If they announced that CM was going to tour with them I'm sure the ticket prices would go up. The fab 5 would be a huge marketing lure.

I'm not sure how Christine takes aways Linsdey's ability to be a guy. He acts a bit fem all on his own. Maybe she sucks the masculinity out of the room.

I do see how he gets to do more of his tunes. With her gone it goes from 33% to 50%. And he only has to gripe about doing Stevie's tunes and not Stevie and Christine's tunes.

As far as keyboards are concerned, the keys are there anyway. Plus, she wasn't much of a spotlight grabber to begin with. And even further, they have back up guitars, drums, backing vocals etc. They haven't been a true 5 piece since the Mirage tour.

Perhaps he misses her and was really sad and expressed it in his own Buckingham way.

Having said all that, there's no way in hell she would tour with them. She wants to hang out and see the gang. Wishing she would tho.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There is no chance of Christine touring with or without Fleetwood Mac in the future, but this doesn't necessarily rule out involvement in the next Mac studio recording. Despite Lindsey's reluctance to give up stage time to another performer, if Christine was to contribute to a potential future album, then Stevie only has to submit three or four songs and hey presto, he gets his wish! Lindsey has expressed concern about Stevie not having any material, but I dare say that if she knew Christine was on board, she'd readily rise to the occasion.
If Mick were wise, he would entice Christine to record with them one last time for what surely would be the final Mac album. It would be pointless rehashing the tour request, but she just may concede to a final studio recording. Trotters crossed...
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
There is no chance of Christine touring with or without Fleetwood Mac in the future, but this doesn't necessarily rule out involvement in the next Mac studio recording. ...
If that i the case it would be enough gift to me. but I doubt they will record an entire album in HI. Anyway, anything is possible.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
There is no chance of Christine touring with or without Fleetwood Mac in the future, but this doesn't necessarily rule out involvement in the next Mac studio recording. Despite Lindsey's reluctance to give up stage time to another performer, if Christine was to contribute to a potential future album, then Stevie only has to submit three or four songs and hey presto, he gets his wish! Lindsey has expressed concern about Stevie not having any material, but I dare say that if she knew Christine was on board, she'd readily rise to the occasion.
If Mick were wise, he would entice Christine to record with them one last time for what surely would be the final Mac album. It would be pointless rehashing the tour request, but she just may concede to a final studio recording. Trotters crossed...
This. I couldn't give a damn if Christine toured with the band this year- I don't want to see the band again until they're touring behind some fresh music. But if Christine were to try to get involved in recording with the Mac, you know that would instantly bring the entire band onto the same page, and they'd figure out a way to make it happen. Say You Will was so unbalanced without Christine to bridge the ever widening chasm between Lindsey & Stevie... I just know the Mac still has good music left in them, especially if Chris were to become involved. Alas, I doubt this will happen, but I can't imagine Chris going to visit Mick & John without dabbling in some sort of music. Even if it's just an impromptu jam. Crazier things have happened within Fleetwood Mac for sure.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Imagine the three of them jamming out in Mick's guest cottage!
What a party that would be!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh my goodness and even if that was her purpose for going, you can believe it's not all that's in Mick's mind.

Michele