The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, we didn't get any pictures, and even if I had my camera, I wouldn't have asked. I was trying very hard not to be all gaga. I think that is one reason they seemed so relaxed around us, because we were very low-key. !

I did see LB taking a pic with two young girls, though, and Mick posed for one with someone. There was very little picture taking going on, dah-ling, it WAS the Four Seasons, after all! LOL!!

-Sharon
Old 06-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
There was very little picture taking going on, dah-ling, it WAS the Four Seasons, after all! LOL!!
LOL! Yes I can understand that. Thought I would throw the question out there anyhow, as seeing them all relaxed and in the bar setting would have been cool. But touching them live would have been better! Gosh!! How cool, Jason!! You are in the "FM" zone

Tamara

Thanks again Sulamith and Strand for your review...AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation O......M......G!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!! WOW!!!! YOU GO GUYS!!!!! Touching Lindsey, talking to him for 10 MINUTES!!!!!!!

*trying HARD not to be jealous!!!*

THAT IS JUST TOO AWESOME!!! I'm so happy that REAL fans get to talk to FM and stuff!! Lindsey wanting to know how the fans are reacting to the new stuff...

**Note to self: Write letter telling Lindsey how much I LOVE the new songs...esp. Red Rover

On the speakers during GYOW!!!!! WOW!!!! THE MAN IS ON FIRE this tour, isn't he!!?!? 28 DAYS TO GO FOR MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Brett Tuggle was so gracious and open, that I hate to divulge alot of what we talked about. He was so nice, and so generous with some inside info that I would feel like I had betrayed his trust if I told all of that, but suffice it to say he was just a sweetheart. If you ever get the chance to talk to him, you should.

OH I COULD JUST KICK MYSELF!!!!
I saw him in the lobby of the Ritz-Carlton in NYC after the E. Rutherford show. He was with a bunch of other people.
They were sitting right in front of us talking about the crowd reactions at the last 2 shows.
I wanted to just march right up to him and say what a great show it was and etc.
My friend was like "no you can't do that:.
Next time I am going with my own instincts.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Ledgie

I can't compete with MEETING LINDSEY (dammit), but here is my take on the show:

The Mac finally made their way to my hometown. I had upgraded from fan club seats to second row. My friend Carolyn had been hoping I would so she could have my other ticket. We got there very early so we ended up walking around Centennial Olympic Park. V103 was having a free concert, so it was pretty crowded. As we were walking around the arena, we ran into Jan and Christie who had been to the band's hotel and got to see all of the band getting in their limos and had managed to get Mick's autograph.

After walking around the arena a couple of times, we noticed that they had finally opened their doors. There were only two security guards at the back of the arena so we go over there. Alas, we didn't get wanded, but I had forgotten that I had mace so he took it out for me. It must have been fate, cause he didn't look any further than that, and I got my camera in once again. You would think I was a professional at this point, but it's pure dumb luck (or dumb security guards).

My seat was between two older couples. The guy on my left had been drinking and he kept grabbing my knee and telling me to calm down (he thought it was funny cause I was sitting still, saving my energy for the band).

The lights go down and the crickets start to sing and everyone gets on their feet, cheering as the band enters the stage. I love this moment when it's just Mick on the drums, right before Lindsey starts to play. The stage is still dark and you see them gearing up for the song. The couple to my right had asked me if they were starting with The Chain and looked incredibly excited when I said yes. I think Lindsey saw me during this song and realized that yes, I am a crazed fan/stalker. The band still sounds amazing together. They are about halfway through the first leg of the tour by now, aren't they? They seem to be getting better every night.

Everyone was excited when they recognized the opening to Dreams. We all swayed and sang along with Stevie. This was the first night I even noticed the crowd singing along, but they were into it. Stevie did some air bongos with Mick. Stevie says, 'Welcome Atlanta.' And we all cheer.

About eight men had to pass me to get to their seats during Peacekeeper. I finally found something to like about this song. The ending where it's quiet and Stevie and Lindsey are looking at each other. I like that part a lot. And when Lindsey lipsyncs the birdcalls.

Just watch Lindsey and Stevie trading off on their various versions of eyes. I think it's during this one that Stevie has this big grin on her face and holds the tambourine over her head and makes a big show of hitting it. She's doing the big arm circle exercise looking move (yes, English is my first language).

Say You Will was great, as always. I was doing the rod and reel with Stevie. An old guy who was in my row jumped over to the front and walked in front of Stevie. He had an unlit cigar in his mouth all night. Stevie saw him walk by and smiled down at him. A couple minutes later, this girl clambors over me and runs over in front of Stevie and starts flicking her lighter up at Stevie, completly excited. This also makes Stevie smile. See, she notices the audience, too.

Stevie goes over and changes into her Rhiannon outfit and chats with Brett for a second before coming over to do her harmony on Never Going Back Again. It's so great that the majority of the concert has the both of them up there for these songs.

During Rhiannon, Lindsey winds his way to the back of the stage and leans one leg on Mick's drumstand and they are giving each other these looks, and Lindsey is just resting his arm on his guitar like, break time. This is when Stevie is doing the dreams unwind thing. Stevie got into the song at the end. She seems to be cutting loose a little more as the tour progresses. She even pulled on the mic stand a little, like she used to do.

Once again, Stevie stopped to say something to Lindsey before Come. It seems like half the floor immediatly sat down when Come started. Fools. I love the way Come starts so gently. I mean, it's just perfect, you know. Then he makes his way to center stage for the big guitar showcase.

Gypsy was lovely. I think I'm always so stunned by Come that I can't concentrate properly on Gypsy. But it was good.

Once again, Mick gingerly leads stevie off the stage, and someone throws a blanket over his shoulders. The Big Love banner drops down and Lindsey moves to the center of the stage. He crosses his fingers and stretches them out (he's done this before, but I forgot to mention it) and then strums for a second. He said something like, 'Got to limber them up.' Big Love is flawless, as usual.

Landslide. Again, I think Stevie's read my last review because she held the 'well maybe' longer and there was a longer pause before she finished the song. I don't remember a dedication or a forehead kiss at the end, but it could have happened. Someone threw flowers on the stage and I think it startled Stevie for a second.

This evening's Say Goodbye idiots had some sort of scuffle in the center of the third row. I think even Lindsey and Stevie noticed, though they concentrate so much on their vocals on that song that they didn't look into the crowd. I really hope they don't drop this song due to crap like this.

Beautiful Child was once again a wonderful performance from Stevie. Love Lindsey's harmony here. Second Hand News was still fun.

Gold Dust Woman thrilled us all. Stevie was totally into it, making the hourglass movements with her hands, going wild at the end. Then she walks in front of Mick's drumset and does the pose. Flashes go off everywhere

I forget which song, but Lindsey was about to do his intro for it and someone called out a request. Lindsey said, 'We'll do that next time.' I'm So Afraid is great, again. He's very um...introverted on this song. It's powerful, but he keeps his eyes closed for the majority of the performance and doesn't point at the crowd or anything like he does for other songs.

Silver Springs. Stevie played air bongos, piano, drums, bass and guitar. I forget which song it was (maybe Dreams), but she was playing her imaginary bass along with John and they were smiling at each other. During the quiet interlude, Stevie did the twirl thing with the arm over her eyes again. She tore up the ending, a la The Dance.

Tusk is such a highlight. I always look forward to it. I wonder if they ever discussed this in rehearsal or if they ever talk about it after a concert. John seems to get a kick out of being Tusked by Lindsey (sorry Kathryne). Stevie certainly enjoys watching those two. Then it's her turn. Lindsey wraps his harm around her and nuzzles his head into her back, messing up her hair again. She was still fixing it (just slowly pulling it straight) during the drum intro to Stand Back while she was chatting up Brett.

Stevie gave Carlos a little dance when it was his turn to play. Stevie did her twirling and stomping in place and sang it out.

The front row people got a chance to play Lindsey's guitar during Go Your Own Way. I don't think they did it during Come.

World Turning is so great, ya'll. They sound good and are obviously having a blast up there. Mick's assistant gave him something to drink (I'm sure it was non-alcoholic, since they've all reformed while he played. When Stevie starts heading off stage for Mick's solo, he stuck his tongue out at her and waggles it around, and she didn't even see him do it. He's such a perv.

Nearing end of Mick's crap, Stevie was right in front of me doing a little dance, shaking her head from side to side. Then she had to hop over the cables to get to her side of the stage on time.

Someone threw a white bra at Lindsey and he took it and hung it on his microphone stand and continuted to play. He went to his usual station on the side of the stage and Mick gets up there and fondles it a little and said something like 'It's getting hot in here tonight.' The white bra hung there for a while and a girl in front of me decides to helicopter her bra (purple) over her head. Then she got on her boyfriend's shoulders and the security guy got out of his seat and tells them to stop, but she shows him her bra and bounces for him and he lets her fling it up there. Lindsey saw it, and smiled at her but continued playing. He did come back over during Don't Stop and played a whole part just to her He also signed someone's t-shirt during Mick's solo. When Mick was nearing the end of his solo, Stevie came back out and stood right in front of me doing this little dance, shaking her head from side to side with her hair in her face. She realized a little too late that it was time to head over to her side of the stage and she had to hop over the cables and rush back over.

A ton of people flooded the front row for the encores. Actual Front Row People were helping them over the chairs. It was sweet.

When Lindsey came back out for the encores, he took the bra off the mic and signed it and handed it back to the girl.

A guy walked in front of me holding a tiny camera and filmed the encore. A security guard was about to stop him, but he was wearing a badge that apparently allowed him to do this, so we may get a video out of it.

Brett played part of Don't Stop with his elbows. He was having a ball up there. Stevie was egging him on. She bowed to him and Carlos during the band intros. Lindsey does this side step thing across the stage when his name is announced. Stevie always bows.

Stevie bowed her head at the end of Goodbye Baby again. Lovely song.

I love the bows they do at the end. Down then up...look at each other with these huge grins on their faces then bow again. Another great show.

Ladybug swung down like a swing...kissed him with her wings
Old 06-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh yes, Tracy, I totally forgot that Stevie did tear up Silver Springs at the end! that's right! She did the whole "Was I just a fool?" really intense.

And during Lindsey's solo she stepped back from the mic and danced a la Pulp Fiction! Did you see her doing that? She was dancing with her hands over her face, and really grooving to the music. It looked like something I would do in my living room by myself! It was too funny!

-Sharon
Old 06-04-2003, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I swear sometimes I feel like "there is magic all around [me] if I do say so myself"
I'd say sooo!!

I want some magic....

I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed reading your reviews.
You make me laugh!!
Old 06-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Junior Ledgie

Just wanted to add a couple thoughts on the Atlanta show, mainly that it was the most intense, amazing concert of my life! My best friend and I drove there from North Carolina, and I had a terrible cold, but for that two and a half hours I didn't notice it at all. Being poor college students, we were in the upper level, but in one of the bottom rows along the side right next to Stevie. If anyone else here happened to be in Section 312, we were the two people who stood and danced the whole time (I was very dismayed at the lack of dancing in our section--and we decided it was worth making a couple people angry in order to really experience it). So, all those little details aside, the concert absolutely ROCKED!! I could not believe hw amazing and intense (the only word I can really use to describe it) it was. I saw Stevie on the TISL tour, but that was nothing compared to this. Whoever said earlier that she was just standing like a stage prop should have been there last night--she was dancing, spinning, playing lots of pretend instruments, and generally just rocking out. And Lindsey--good God, does that man cut loose! I always liked him, but last night I REALLY came to truly appreciate him. The man is amazing--and he definitely knows how to play the crowd! A couple song thoughts:

Second Hand News--I thought this was where the show really hit its stride. A couple other people got up and danced, which was nice. Loved Stevie and her air drums on the "bam bam bam bam"s as others have said.

Rhiannon--the first thing that struck me was how gorgeous she was in the outfit. The song rocked, though. She went down instead of up on "dreams unwind, love's a state of mind", but then definitely went off on the end--loved it.

Landslide--did anyone else think it looked like she forgot she had to sing after Lindsey's solo? SHe kinda had to rush back to the mic--it was very cute.

Say Goodbye--Wow. That's all I can really say. The harmony was the most beautiful of the whole night. I loved the slow pace, and Stevie's high parts.

Beautiful Child--I definitely almost cried during this one. Stevie's voice was beautiful. I like it better live than the studio version (which I think I can say about everything they did at the concert). I thought the percussion on it gave it a very powerful drive--hypnotic almost. And the "I still wish that you were mine" at the end was great--we could see the emotion in her face, even if it was over the jumbotron. The whole song gave me chills, which lasted pretty much the rest of the concert (although that could have been my sickness, but I really think it was the awesomeness of the songs)

GDW--She rocked it. I knew she would. "Hoooooooome" was awesome. Can someone tell me what the "speaking in tongues" thing was? I must have missed it.

Silver Springs--I think I liked it even better than the Dance version--she definitely tore it up at the end, even though she didn't do the "never get away (X3)" on the last verse. Like BC, I thought the percussion was really powerful (as much as I hate to give Mick any credit).

Tusk--LOVED it. I liked it before, but it was just amazing. My favorite was Stevie and Lindsey circling each other before he Tusked her--very predator/prey, very sexy, very cute.

Stand Back--quite possibly my favorite of the night. The energy was amazing, the vocals were amazing, and she twirled. A lot. It was cool to see the shawl spin from above--and I loved how she caught herself with the mic and went right back into singing. Nearly everyone (even the slackers who were sitting for the whole show) was up to sing and dance along with this one.

Goodbye Baby--loved it as the last song. Stevie's vocals have a slightly different rhythm than they do on the album, and I think I like it better.

All in all, it was incredible. After it was over, my best friend and I had to sit down for a few minutes before leaving because we were so euphoric and exhausted. She was only a casual fan before, but agreed that it was definitely the best concert ever, and I think I have her hooked now. I have never been to a concert with that much energy or emotional intensity before. I think my friend described it best: "It was like two and a half hours of amazing sex."

Rock on.

~Matt

Oh yeah, and if anyone knows of audio or video recordings of it that might be floating around, let me know--I would kill for one!
Old 06-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just spoke to a frined of mine that actually got to meet Stevie after the concert via a backstage pass. He was there with some CNN people (the concert venue is connected to the CNN building in Atlanta). Basically, he got the passess because the CNN people he was with said that Arthel Nevell of Talkback Live on CNN is married to Taku Hirano the precussionist for FM. My friend said Stevie was very gracious but a little tired.

Also, they got pics with Stevie in her dressing room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they let me, I will post - but that is not my call, etc.

And just when I was flying high in my FM balloon . . .

Sulamith, you met this guy as we were walking out of the seating area and into the main hall area. I think they told us then that they were going backstage. Little did we know!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-05-2003, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I remember him, a real cutie pie! He said he had a real close seat, and was going to get even closer.

Little did HE know what WE were going to get to see!
BWHAAAAA!!!

You better check your PM's dude! There's more!
-Sharon
Old 06-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
And during Lindsey's solo she stepped back from the mic and danced a la Pulp Fiction! Did you see her doing that? She was dancing with her hands over her face, and really grooving to the music. It looked like something I would do in my living room by myself! It was too funny!

-Sharon
Yes, she did that before...at least at the Greenville show. She was having a great time up there. I have some pictures scanned, but have to wait until my site comes back up before I can post them. I think it gets mad at me when I leave town

Ladybug swung down like a swing...kissed him with her wings
Old 06-05-2003, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You lucky lucky people! Am getting more and more jealous of you yanks by the minute! LOL!

Ok.... so if a miracle occurs and they make it to the UK.... wonder where they are likely to stay???

Pip
Old 06-05-2003, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just reading about your meeting and good fortune brought tears to my eyes..not sure why. I am afraid if I met them I would cry, again, not sure why..haha. Maybe just an emotional day, but, I am so so so thrilled for you both. Your whole experience just rules. Congratulations to you both!!!!!!!!!11
Old 06-05-2003, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks you guys! It was definitely something to see, although I think they will be spending less time in their hotel piano bars since this! LOL!

I think, even though we were polite and very low key, and very well could have just been there anyway, I think they didn't expect fans to be there.

I think they will be alot harder to track down in the future, but I certainly hope not, for the sake of all of you who want to catch them.

I was just lucky enough to catch a strandinthewind! haha!!

-Sharon
Old 06-06-2003, 12:06 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
We chatted with Mick for just a second. Sharon asked him a question about Red Rover. I asked him if I could buy him a brandy or something else. He declined - but I had to make the effort.
Just FYI--Mick is a RECOVERING ALCOHOLIC. In future, you do not offer the man a drink. You offer any other beverage.