User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
If it makes it into the WY intro, I will roll...
Same, man. Same.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ha!
Yes, the money line.
Quote:
Skip!

My opinion - the nail clipping incident happened early - she did mention it right after she said she started at 1968. He wasn't being controlling. It was just them as kids messing around in the early days and she let him do it. Otherwise, I think we would have heard about it way before now. Seriously, have you ever seen someone kicking and screaming while someone pinned them down and clipped their fingernails??
I agree, especially about it probably coming out sooner if it was a physical thing. I think this is another example if her finding the guitar lessons tedious and thinking him a boor as her instructor. Since Stevie talks freely about Lindsey throwing guitars at her and kicking her in her ever-changing New Zealand story, I don't know why anyone thinks that she's keeping secrets about physical abuse in their past. She's very open, in fact. And loves to talk about how she ducked the guitar in a stunning ninja move. She even talked about him throwing a guitar at her in her Mojo interview with Lindsey by her side. So I would hardly conclude that they have taken a vow of silence on this issue.

When she discussed the music lessons she got from him in the past, she said they bored her and she would lose interest. She said when he tried to teach her what a bar was she said "oh you mean that bar down the street." She thought he was too serious about the music and he thought that she was too silly about it. I think she really resented having a fingernail cut just like she resented having to hear about the Beatles over and over again, as part of her lesson. I think she criticized the fingernail cutting as an example of him being a bossy know-it-all, but not abusive.

Michele
Old 09-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see, she must be reading the ledge.

and now that we outed Lindsey not listening, there will be trouble again. so they will need yet another good talk.
Haha! Good one!
And you're probably right.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i agree about her mother's passing making her rethink things that may be important.

but this [phone?] lecture was supposedly a year before that.
In the Lauren Laverne radio interview posted today, the "talk" was in person:

"When I was talking to him he was looking at me with that kind of like, 'r-r-really??'...like he really didn't realize it had gone so far off..."

Unless they were Skyping or something....
Old 09-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I doubt it was through Skype.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I doubt it was through Skype.
Hehehe... but it's a funny visual, isn't it?

& Btw, if Stevie does read TL (or Karen) ... I hope she's enjoyed the 40th Anniversary of BN thread and will have a "release that brilliant reissue expanded CD edition within the next 6 months" talk with Lindsey (with a live performance of some kind.. ).

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-13-2013 at 07:27 PM..
Old 09-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hehehe... but it's a funny visual, isn't it?
Stevie would be all freaked out figuring out what to do with it. And Lindsey would probably just laugh at her.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie would be all freaked out figuring out what to do with it. And Lindsey would probably just laugh at her.
I laughed when she said "Lindsey and I aren't computer people."
Old 09-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I laughed when she said "Lindsey and I aren't computer people."
All I think about this is The Sims.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
The guys obviously wanted to tour to make $. Since LB has no sexual interest in SN now, he will obviously endure the 90 minute lecture to gain her consent to tour. That is not to imply there is not a deep friendship and love between SN and LB, but the two most common reasons for people's actions are sex and money. In this case it was money.
sacrilege! SnL shippers probably gasped reading this.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You mean Lindsey isn't sexually interested in Stevie??? Off with your head, the lot of you.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
sacrilege! SnL shippers probably gasped reading this.
Not only did I gasp, Elle, I actually fell to the floor. Frozen. Disbelieving. Shocked. Horrified. My life is practically over and it no longer has any meaning.

"There will always be that attraction and that will always, that is what will keep us 'sssss'. And that's good because when you have that 'sssss' thing, you have it, you know. And you have that eye contact. You have it and so it's magical. And the people see it and when we walk onstage we are still able to pull back that love affair and we can have it, the audience gets to have it, and everybody enjoys it."
Old 09-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All I think about this is The Sims.
The Slowskys.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Not to start a big thing, but I totally can. I think there was a certain physicality to Lindsey's controlling in those days. I think it's one of the dirty secrets of this band. I absolutely love him, but he had some issues in the past, which he in his own elliptical, verbose style has touched on from time to time in recent years. Lotta shrinkage there. (Not that Stevie is a saint, I think she totally pushes his buttons).
Your right he has issues (anger, control) that he's somewhat admitted to in the past and Stevie DEFINITELY knows how to push his buttons if she wants to pay him back for something.

Like it's been said before, I don't think Lindsey held Stevie down or harmed her during the nail clipping incident or most likely Stevie would have said something about it.

The fact that he only clipped 1 nail shows that as soon as Stevie realized what he was doing she pulled her hand away. (IMO) Most likely what happened was Lindsey being Lindsey told Stevie she needed to practice the guitar more and asked to see her hand. She obvious had no idea what he was going to do and must have given it to him. Then it would not be hard for lindsey to pull out a finger nail clipper and clip one of her nails off before she realized what he was doing and pulled her hand away. If someone asked to see my hand, I would not expect them to clip my nails off. So I see it more likely that he caught her off guard and that's why he only got 1 nail clipped and not more.

The story is not even that important however I think she use it to illustrate how Lindsey's controlling attitude caused problems between the two of them from the very beginning of their relationship. It appears that her response to his high handed attitude towards her was not to explain to him how she felt, but to challenge him, which is what ultimately caused the Stevie/Lindsey competition that existed until recently.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
"Have to?" Yeah, he really looks like he's been suffering her presence recently; certainly not enjoying it at all... Poor old Lindsey...
Those are beautiful pictures, you did a great job. Also your right poor Lindsey has looked completely miserable during the 2013 tour. I guess he must really miss his wife