Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Reasoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Stevie refuted that line of thought.
I did not watch the interview and only quickly read though the transcript. No doubt she refuted that line of reasoning. Still doesn't change my opinion of why people do certain things in life. A psychologist friend once told me that power is the third reason for things (which could sometimes coincide with monetary wealth). I have encountered people that are truly altruistic in life and everything they do, but those people are few and far between.

To be brutally opinionated, Fleetwood Mac as a money-making venture was able to survive Christine's departure. If Stevie did not tour with the "guys" the venues would only be 50% full, instead of 90+% (on average) they are currently enjoying. They need SN to make money and touring is the only way to generate significant revenue in today's music business. In my opinion, Mick is a manipulative person, LB less so and John even less so. SN is an aging diva that craves attention and some people will take advantage of that. The opinions above are my own and are not intended to offend any person or group of people on this board.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yeah, every guy wants to spend 90 minutes talking to his ex about why she wanted to stop f**king him, and then have to spend six months holding her hand. What could possibly make the tour more enjoyable for him?
Stevie plays Robert Pollard cassette tapes to Lindsey to keep him calm before every show.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
The guys obviously wanted to tour to make $. Since LB has no sexual interest in SN now, he will obviously endure the 90 minute lecture to gain her consent to tour. the two most common reasons for people's actions are sex and money In this case it was money.
I agree 100%
Old 09-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I did not watch the interview and only quickly read though the transcript. No doubt she refuted that line of reasoning. Still doesn't change my opinion of why people do certain things in life. A psychologist friend once told me that power is the third reason for things (which could sometimes coincide with monetary wealth). I have encountered people that are truly altruistic in life and everything they do, but those people are few and far between.

To be brutally opinionated, Fleetwood Mac as a money-making venture was able to survive Christine's departure. If Stevie did not tour with the "guys" the venues would only be 50% full, instead of 90+% (on average) they are currently enjoying. They need SN to make money and touring is the only way to generate significant revenue in today's music business. In my opinion, Mick is a manipulative person, LB less so and John even less so. SN is an aging diva that craves attention and some people will take advantage of that. The opinions above are my own and are not intended to offend any person or group of people on this board.
Wow!

But, um, anyway - back to the money thing. Since you didn't watch the video I wasn't saying she denied that part of it. Stevie has never denied wanting, needing or enjoying the money. But, she refuted that was the only reason, in regards to their relationship - that being in a good place with each other was more important when they were 90 and dying.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Wow!

But, um, anyway - back to the money thing. Since you didn't watch the video I wasn't saying she denied that part of it. Stevie has never denied wanting, needing or enjoying the money. But, she refuted that was the only reason, in regards to their relationship - that being in a good place with each other was more important when they were 90 and dying.
Has she had some more premonitions? 90 again for the age of death/dying? Isn't that meant to be the time when one of them dies and the other is left sitting on the bed alone?
Old 09-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Has she had some more premonitions? 90 again for the age of death/dying? Isn't that meant to be the time when one of them dies and the other is left sitting on the bed alone?
Yeah, yeah - counting the money....
Old 09-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Here's what really happened...

Stevie: In 1968 you cut my.........
Lindsey: puts down phone as Kristen shows him the cost of tuition for the kids...
One hour and a half later...........

Stevie: ......... and that's why I think we should do this thing the old way...
Lindsey (back at phone): Absolutely Stevie.. What do you say we put some of your vocals on the EP.. ok.. see you in a week!!!
LOVE this!!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres a cute video which could be them at times.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I really can't see Lindsey pinning her down and cutting her fingernails.
Not to start a big thing, but I totally can. I think there was a certain physicality to Lindsey's controlling in those days. I think it's one of the dirty secrets of this band. I absolutely love him, but he had some issues in the past, which he in his own elliptical, verbose style has touched on from time to time in recent years. Lotta shrinkage there. (Not that Stevie is a saint, I think she totally pushes his buttons).
Old 09-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Heres a cute video which could be them at times.

Skip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Not to start a big thing, but I totally can. I think there was a certain physicality to Lindsey's controlling in those days. I think it's one of the dirty secrets of this band. I absolutely love him, but he had some issues in the past, which he in his own elliptical, verbose style has touched on from time to time in recent years. Lotta shrinkage there. (Not that Stevie is a saint, I think she totally pushes his buttons).
My opinion - the nail clipping incident happened early - she did mention it right after she said she started at 1968. He wasn't being controlling. It was just them as kids messing around in the early days and she let him do it. Otherwise, I think we would have heard about it way before now. Seriously, have you ever seen someone kicking and screaming while someone pinned them down and clipped their fingernails??
Old 09-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Skip!

My opinion - the nail clipping incident happened early - she did mention it right after she said she started at 1968. He wasn't being controlling. It was just them as kids messing around in the early days and she let him do it. Otherwise, I think we would have heard about it way before now. Seriously, have you ever seen someone kicking and screaming while someone pinned them down and clipped their fingernails??
Damn, cats are mean! I love it. I can't really comment on "the lecture" because I have no idea what the motivations were behind it. I am glad it happened because it seems (at least on THIS tour) to have helped the stage dynamic between SN and LB. For that I'm grateful. I really do hope Stevie gave Lindsey an opportunity to speak and/or respond to her 1.5 hour long rant but I have a feeling she probably didn't.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 09-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Skip!

I respect your opinion.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I imagine them messing around and having a little laugh about it.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I did not watch the interview and only quickly read though the transcript. No doubt she refuted that line of reasoning. Still doesn't change my opinion of why people do certain things in life. A psychologist friend once told me that power is the third reason for things (which could sometimes coincide with monetary wealth).
i'm curious what's the actual science behind this (for example, money has not been around since the beginning of humanity...), but it seems pretty logical. i have no doubt about sex, and agree with power too, definitely.

giving someone a 90-min lecture on all they did wrong to you over the lifetime can be about several things -
a) getting it all out so you feel better and can start fresh, and
b) gaining the upper hand in the relationship (i.e. power).
neither will make the person who listens to that lecture feel better, and if they decide to endure it, they have an ulterior motif (as you mentioned, e.g., want to tour to make tons of money, or maybe want to record to feel relevant).
both a) and b) will make the person giving the lecture feel better.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I imagine them messing around and having a little laugh about it.
If it makes it into the WY intro, I will roll...