The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But Mick talked about it all through the tour and Christine mentioned it in the upcoming radio show, so I think they've been anything but silent.

Michele
Old 09-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, we'd have to have her elaborate. She didn't want her fingernail cut, obviously. But the vision of him grabbing her and doing it while she protested is not supported by her comment, as it is.

Michele
Right! He could have done it while she was asleep, or there are many other possibilities other than "pinning her down".

The leaps that happen here! I can't even call them "interpretations", because they are way beyond that.

Last edited by seekerj; 09-12-2013 at 02:55 PM..
Old 09-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
The leaps that happen here! I can't even call them "interpretations", because they are way beyond that.
And, how she never said the "talk" was a phone conversation.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I was doing her voice in my head.. and picturing him silent on the phone...
He's learned so much living with that house full of women. Bless him.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey during talks:

Just get comfortable, this is probably gonna take awhile...
Old 09-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
And, how she never said the "talk" was a phone conversation.
That's not a leap, exactly. The headlines have been characterizing it as a telephone conversation. If readers thought so because of what they read, it's not jumping to conclusions.

Michele
Old 09-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's not a leap, exactly. The headlines have been characterizing it as a telephone conversation. If readers thought so because of what they read, it's not jumping to conclusions.

Michele
wait, so there was no phone call even though the article is titled "Fleetwood Mac - Stevie Nicks Lectured Lindsey Buckingham In Candid Phone Call"?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wait, so there was no phone call even though the article is titled "Fleetwood Mac - Stevie Nicks Lectured Lindsey Buckingham In Candid Phone Call"?
Excuse me...

I was going by what was said in the interview, I didn't read the headline...not that a headline has never been wrong before either...
Old 09-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Excuse me...

I was going by what was said in the interview, I didn't read the headline...not that a headline has never been wrong before either...
so was there a phone call or not? or are you guys trying to make me listen to that interview?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so was there a phone call or not? or are you guys trying to make me listen to that interview?
Heck if I know, Stevie never said "phone call" and the ladies never said "phone"... she said "talk". I'm thinking that's something she would want to do in person - just to make sure he was listening you know - but maybe that's just me.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I really can't see Lindsey pinning her down and cutting her fingernails. However, he might have said... If you want me to teach you guitar, you have to cut your fingernails off (which is not out of the ordinary. Piano teachers will demand the same thing).

No, I don't think Lindsey held her down and cut her nail off and yes I know that a lot of the time when you are playing an instrument you have to keep your nails short. What I did not like was she said HE DECIDED she should practice the guitar more and then again she said HE clipped her nail off. Which means not only did she not want her nails clipped, but she also didn't want to practice more than she was. I know Stevie's said before that she never thought she needed to become a great musician, because that was not what she wanted to do. She wanted to write songs and to sing.

Now this is only one side of the story and I would love to hear Lindsey side because it could be a totally different memory. I just could not believe that she said it and then also could not believe Lindsey did it.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Excuse me...

Yes, a headline has been wrong and this one may be wrong too. But I was making a distinction between people just making things up based on Stevie's vague and often overblown Ayatolla Khomeini comments vs. people believing a characterization of what they read in a headline without further thought.

One is a far less subjective mistake than the other.

Michele
Old 09-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Elle, just go and watch that interview. How can we have an engaging discussion about it if you don't?

Michele
Old 09-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm kinda thinking that after SN's mother passed, she has mentioned a few times that you need to say- what you need to say to someone before it's to late. So she finally mustered up the courage to finally say to LB everything that she has held in. This is/was one her most important relationships personal and creative she has had... I would suspect after the lesson the passing of her Mom taught her, SN would not let that sail past her again.

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 09-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
I'm kinda thinking that after SN's mother passed, she has mentioned a few times that you need to say- what you need to say to someone before it's to late. So she finally mustered up the courage to finally say to LB everything that she has held in. This is/was one her most important relationships personal and creative she has had... I would suspect after the lesson the passing of her Mom taught her, SN would not let that sail past her again.
i agree about her mother's passing making her rethink things that may be important.

but this [phone?] lecture was supposedly a year before that.