User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Buckingham Announces Midwest Run

http://b1027.com/lindsey-buckingham-...est-run-video/

Lindsey Buckingham Announces Midwest Run [VIDEO - She Smiled Sweetly [Studio Version] ]
By: Crash | 2 hours ago

(Gaye Gerard/Getty Images)

Lindsey Buckingham has just added a 15-date fall leg to his solo acoustic tour. Buckingham will kick things off on November 3rd in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and wrap things up on November 20th in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The tour, will focus on Midwest and Southern states, taking in stops in Kansas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Montana, North Carolina, Kentucky, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Buckingham has made no secret of his admiration of the Rolling Stones’ classic mid-’60s period. He recorded the 1966 Aftermath nugget “I Am Waiting” for his 2006 Gift Of Screws album and on his recent Seeds We Sow collection; he tackled the Stones’ 1967 Between The Buttons ballad “She Smiled Sweetly.”

We asked Buckingham what that early era means to him as a Stones fan: “The peak for Brian Jones, before he kind of started to slide downhill. . . Y’know those albums, I mean, the singles — everything — have a kind of European influence. But, y’know, the fact that Brian Jones as a bandmember could articulate that it in a different way and was more of a multi-musician and could bring in colors and influence the band in what I thought was a very positive way. Those albums are some of my favorite Stones albums.”

UPDATED: Lindsey Buckingham tour dates (subject to change):
November 3 – Oklahoma City, OK – Academy Of Contemporary Music at University Of Central Oklahoma
November 4 – Overland Park, KS – Carlsen Center
November 5 – Little Rock, AR – Juanita’s Cantina Ballroom
November 7 – Chattanooga, TN – Track 29
November 8 – Nashville, TN – War Memorial Auditorium
November 9 – St. Louis, MO – The Pageant
November 11 – Asheville, NC – The Orange Peel
November 12 – Knoxville, TN – Bijou Theatre
November 13 – Louisville, KY – Headliners Music Hall
November 14 – Lexington, KY – Lexington Opera House
November 16 – Saugatuck, MI – Saugatuck Center For The Arts
November 17 – South Milwaukee, WI – South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center
November 18 – Madison, WI – Barrymore Theatre
November 19 – Eau Claire, WI – State Theatre
November 20 – Minneapolis, MN – Dakota Jazz Club & Restaurant

SIDE NOTES

Out now is Lindsey Buckingham’s second live DVD called Songs From The Small Machine: Live In L.A. The show was taped at a pre-tour concert at Beverly Hills’ Saban Theater, and features tracks from his latest solo set, Seeds We Sow, as well as assorted solo favorites and Fleetwood Mac classics.
Despite several postponements, 2013 will be the year that Fleetwood Mac heads back on the road. The band last toured in 2009; marking the first time they embarked on a major road trek without promoting a new album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://oldies1017.com/The_Music_World.php

The Music World
LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM ANNOUNCES MIDWESTERN AND SOUTHERN LEG

Lindsey Buckingham has just added a 15-date fall leg to his solo acoustic tour. Buckingham will kick things off on November 3rd in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and wrap things up on November 20th in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The tour, will focus on Midwest and Southern states, taking in stops in Kansas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Montana, North Carolina, Kentucky, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Buckingham has made no secret of his admiration of the Rolling Stones' classic mid-'60s period. He recorded the 1966 Aftermath nugget "I Am Waiting" for his 2006 Gift Of Screws album and on his recent Seeds We Sow collection; he tackled the Stones' 1967 Between The Buttons ballad "She Smiled Sweetly."

We asked Buckingham what that early era means to him as a Stones fan: "The peak for Brian Jones, before he kind of started to slide downhill. . . Y'know those albums, I mean, the singles -- everything -- have a kind of European influence. But, y'know, the fact that Brian Jones as a bandmember could articulate that it in a different way and was more of a multi-musician and could bring in colors and influence the band in what I thought was a very positive way. Those albums are some of my favorite Stones albums."

UPDATED: Lindsey Buckingham tour dates (subject to change):
November 3 - Oklahoma City, OK - Academy Of Contemporary Music at University Of Central Oklahoma
November 4 - Overland Park, KS - Carlsen Center
November 5 - Little Rock, AR - Juanita's Cantina Ballroom
November 7 - Chattanooga, TN - Track 29
November 8 - Nashville, TN - War Memorial Auditorium
November 9 - St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
November 11 - Asheville, NC - The Orange Peel
November 12 - Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre
November 13 - Louisville, KY - Headliners Music Hall
November 14 - Lexington, KY - Lexington Opera House
November 16 - Saugatuck, MI - Saugatuck Center For The Arts
November 17 - South Milwaukee, WI - South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center
November 18 - Madison, WI - Barrymore Theatre
November 19 - Eau Claire, WI - State Theatre
November 20 - Minneapolis, MN - Dakota Jazz Club & Restaurant

AUDIO: LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM ON BRIAN JONES
(i think this is new-ish audio)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
November 16 - Saugatuck, MI - Saugatuck Center For The Arts
November 17 - South Milwaukee, WI - South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center
November 18 - Madison, WI - Barrymore Theatre
November 19 - Eau Claire, WI - State Theatre
November 20 - Minneapolis, MN - Dakota Jazz Club & Restaurant
Five dates in a row sounds pretty exhausting for an old guy like Lindsey. I wonder if he purposely ended his tour in his number 1 fan's hometown? DavidMN will enjoy partying with his hero.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Five dates in a row sounds pretty exhausting for an old guy like Lindsey. I wonder if he purposely ended his tour in his number 1 fan's hometown? DavidMN will enjoy partying with his hero.
he's been doing 5 dates in a row 1 day off all throughout this tour... that's why he could rake in 76 dates in just 3 months.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Oh no, he clearly picked MN for me
Old 10-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting that She Smiled Sweetly is getting attention in these releases.

Michele
Old 10-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Any word of him playing in the southwest? Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado?
He has played everywhere else in the country.

For those that did see him on this solo tour, has this been his best tour, are the concerts only about an hour long and does he do alot of talking in between songs?
Old 10-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bm7th View Post
Any word of him playing in the southwest? Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado?
He has played everywhere else in the country.

For those that did see him on this solo tour, has this been his best tour, are the concerts only about an hour long and does he do alot of talking in between songs?
I've only seen him on this tour, but there is something really powerful about seeing him play and hearing these songs with just him on the stage. The shows run about 75 minutes I'd say. He doesn't talk too much, I think he has about 3 different between song speeches he gives. I'd have to go back and look but off the top of my head, before Bleed to Love Her, before Big Love, and before Seeds We Sow in the encore.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I've only seen him on this tour, but there is something really powerful about seeing him play and hearing these songs with just him on the stage. The shows run about 75 minutes I'd say. He doesn't talk too much, I think he has about 3 different between song speeches he gives. I'd have to go back and look but off the top of my head, before Bleed to Love Her, before Big Love, and before Seeds We Sow in the encore.
yes, it's a really intense and fast-paced show.

i've seen him at Saban and SWS tour and on this tour, and while i love his rocking songs with the full band, this show is much more intense and i thought the choice of songs overall is much tighter. i would definitely rate this show higher that SWS tour although i thought that tour was great (before i saw this one!).

that's right, he talks just 3 times - after BTLH (before Not Too Late), before BL and at the end, before SWS. so it is a short show but there's not much time wasting, he just goes boom-boom-boom with songs one after the other.

there's sometimes a bit more banter (depending on how good the audience is ) when he comes back out for encore since people are trying to get him to do extra songs (and that's been successful in a number of cases!). if he does extra song by request, show ends up being more like 90 mins i guess.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How many m&g this leg??
Old 10-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
How many m&g this leg??
just 3 so far, at least that i have seen - Oklahoma City, Louisville, and Minneapolis.

(i wish there was one in Knoxville, but that doesn't seem to be happening)

Old 10-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Man...

Thanks, Elle.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Ledgie

There is a M&G for Overland Park, KS ($150)
Old 10-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he's been doing 5 dates in a row 1 day off all throughout this tour... that's why he could rake in 76 dates in just 3 months.
I've been thinking about what you said. I guess I wasn't paying that close of attention before to his tour schedule. 76 gigs in 3 months is phenomenal! I know the Caped One would be sicker than a dog taking on a trek like that.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Do we think the setlist (minus Dancin') is the same as the rest of the "second leg solo acoustic" tour? BTLH, Come, Stephanie, etc..

if so, I wonder if he'll still do requests.. I want to request something like SD from OOTC, but I know I have no chance of success..