User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
It is a co-write. He is credited. A little surprised by that. But I actually have my Time cd booklet in hand verifying it. One of 1000 sold! I'd rather "Freedom" get swapped in for something else, but not "All Over Again". I haven't heard it yet but I think that's a cool way to end the show. Something obscure and not "Songbird".
Thanks for confirming, jwd. I owned Time when it came out, but donated it to my library later. I just didn't like it, and I can't remember any of the songs at all, so I'll have to check it out online so I'll know it when I see them in concert.

I'm also with you about Songbird. I love the song, but it is available on every FM concert video, and I welcome the opportunity to hear something new. As Long As You Follow, lyrically, would be a wonderful thank you by the band to the fans. What can I say, I really, really love that song!
Old 10-05-2018, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks for confirming, jwd. I owned Time when it came out, but donated it to my library later. I just didn't like it, and I can't remember any of the songs at all, so I'll have to check it out online so I'll know it when I see them in concert.

I'm also with you about Songbird. I love the song, but it is available on every FM concert video, and I welcome the opportunity to hear something new. As Long As You Follow, lyrically, would be a wonderful thank you by the band to the fans. What can I say, I really, really love that song!
I love that song too. I know Rick and Billy were involved, but it wasn't on BTM. I'm thinking, lazily, that it was included on ........what? Greatest Hits?
Old 10-05-2018, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love that song too. I know Rick and Billy were involved, but it wasn't on BTM. I'm thinking, lazily, that it was included on ........what? Greatest Hits?
Yep, you're right. Another reason it would be a great addition to the set list, because even a casual fan who only has their Greatest Hits album would be familiar with the song. I lump As Long As You Follow and No Questions Asked with Behind the Mask because, even though they weren't on that album, they were recorded with Rick and Billy and produced by Greg Ladanyi (sp?) Paper Doll, too.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you should probably wait till the day of the show. people were saying front row Tulsa on Stubhub were down to $100 right before the show yesterday. they were supposedly moving people from the back of the venue upfront because it was so bad.
Thank you! Tonight even, a full day ahead I noticed drops on prices. That’s good to know. I just babbled to my mother for an hour over whether I should go and getting into all my feelings. I will no doubt go for $100. I mean I’m in Chicago anyway and have no other plans. I wouldn’t go out of my way or anything. And the thought of paying like $250 for some crappy seats when $200 had me on the floor for the real, full band was just killing me. But $100, I’m definitely there.

I am still catching up because I was internet issues even when I posted and had otherwise been silently lurking when crap hit the fan but what keeps getting me is that if there had been a way to do FM without a replacement for Lindsey or anyone new, I would’ve bought my ticket long ago. I would still be bummed but I still don’t want to hear someone else singing Lindsey’s songs. In fact I think I posted here or somewhere else that since I had seen FM minus Christine and also seen the Buckingham’s McVie show, seeing Stevie and Christine without Lindsey was the last piece for my collection. :P But I don’t want other people dragged in. Or as I whined to my mother “I don’t want these random dudes in my band!” I can appreciate pre Rumours Mac and have all those albums and I may be a weird one on that I’ve always loved Say You Will. But I hated Bekka and Billy and that weird period. Didn’t sound like Fleetwood Mac to me. So ugh, I don’t know. I don’t see how you drag new people in this late in the game especially. So much for that farewell tour.... Guess we already saw that.

Anyway, if tickets do indeed continue to drop and I will probably be around to report from the show tomorrow. And I’m definitely going to see Lindsey in a few weeks when he’s here in Chicago. Bummed I missed out on the Meet and Greet tickets for that. But originally I was planning to be traveling that week. Since I’m not I also have a little extra money and hence I guess I will go to tomorrow’s show. But I still don’t know how I feel about it. Being a Fleetwood Mac fan is a part of my identity. Maybe not a huge part but looking around my apartment I’ve got posters and my big thing I collect is every album from all eras of the band including everyone’s solo stuff and collaborations and all the singles that are on 45. I have foreign imports and multiple Buckingham Nicks copies. And I’ve actively enjoyed building that collection. I’ve got a pile of old journals somewhere that have cringeworthy attempts at teenage songwriting that was a lot of me just stealing lines from FM. I grew up with the band.

Anyway, I know I’m one among many around here and I feel the anger and upset. But I’m also just not sure what to make of it all. I’ve never cared even half as much about any other band and no other band has the lifelong memories and connection that FM has for me. I almost feel weird for caring so much? But radio stations must be gearing up for the show tomorrow because while out this afternoon and evening I heard 3 different FM songs (amazingly two Christine, 1 Stevie. Notably no Lindsey lead songs) and I was still all happy to hear them. And I’d still like to see Stevie and Christine and Mick and John. Though I sure wish I was seeing them with Lindsey...
Old 10-05-2018, 10:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I am extremely excited to see FM in early November and LB in late November! This is an incredible and unbelievable opportunity to see 2 great concerts in a short period of time. I really am not much of a concert goer at all, I've probably only seen 10 different artists in my lifetime, but FM is a band I've seen 4 other times, and I imagine this will be my last time seeing them.
I like what you said here. I do think it’s kind of neat the two tours are hitting similar areas so close together. I mentioned I guess I’m going to Chicago tomorrow night and I’m definitely seeing Lindsey in a few weeks. I think it makes it a little easier for me to cope with the split and while I don’t love all of LB’s solo work I’m going to be so excited and ready and needing some Lindsey when he gets to Chicago! And like you I haven’t been to a ton of concerts either (though I’ve doubled on a couple other singers I like) but I’ve been to 3 Mac shows and a Buckingham McVie. I have missed other shows I wish I had been to (still mad I didn’t go see the Say You Will tour). Heck, I even feel similar to you on your comments about the setlist and such that I deleted from the quote. Wish you were in Chicago. We could meet up and geek out and apparently are some of the few kind of straddling the line here and not vehemently hating on any one side. (Though no judgement to those who do have such strong feelings. My love for Lindsey grew so much after finally getting to see a live show. I was always more of a Stevie person. Though I don’t think I’d want to be friends with any member of the band except maybe John. I want to go chill on a boat with John and get away from all the drama lol).

Anyway, should be interesting to get to see both shows so close together. Maybe I’ll pick a side after.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
Thank you! Tonight even, a full day ahead I noticed drops on prices. That’s good to know. I just babbled to my mother for an hour over whether I should go and getting into all my feelings. I will no doubt go for $100. I mean I’m in Chicago anyway and have no other plans. I wouldn’t go out of my way or anything. And the thought of paying like $250 for some crappy seats when $200 had me on the floor for the real, full band was just killing me. But $100, I’m definitely there.

I am still catching up because I was internet issues even when I posted and had otherwise been silently lurking when crap hit the fan but what keeps getting me is that if there had been a way to do FM without a replacement for Lindsey or anyone new, I would’ve bought my ticket long ago. I would still be bummed but I still don’t want to hear someone else singing Lindsey’s songs. In fact I think I posted here or somewhere else that since I had seen FM minus Christine and also seen the Buckingham’s McVie show, seeing Stevie and Christine without Lindsey was the last piece for my collection. :P But I don’t want other people dragged in. Or as I whined to my mother “I don’t want these random dudes in my band!” I can appreciate pre Rumours Mac and have all those albums and I may be a weird one on that I’ve always loved Say You Will. But I hated Bekka and Billy and that weird period. Didn’t sound like Fleetwood Mac to me. So ugh, I don’t know. I don’t see how you drag new people in this late in the game especially. So much for that farewell tour.... Guess we already saw that.

Anyway, if tickets do indeed continue to drop and I will probably be around to report from the show tomorrow. And I’m definitely going to see Lindsey in a few weeks when he’s here in Chicago. Bummed I missed out on the Meet and Greet tickets for that. But originally I was planning to be traveling that week. Since I’m not I also have a little extra money and hence I guess I will go to tomorrow’s show. But I still don’t know how I feel about it. Being a Fleetwood Mac fan is a part of my identity. Maybe not a huge part but looking around my apartment I’ve got posters and my big thing I collect is every album from all eras of the band including everyone’s solo stuff and collaborations and all the singles that are on 45. I have foreign imports and multiple Buckingham Nicks copies. And I’ve actively enjoyed building that collection. I’ve got a pile of old journals somewhere that have cringeworthy attempts at teenage songwriting that was a lot of me just stealing lines from FM. I grew up with the band.

Anyway, I know I’m one among many around here and I feel the anger and upset. But I’m also just not sure what to make of it all. I’ve never cared even half as much about any other band and no other band has the lifelong memories and connection that FM has for me. I almost feel weird for caring so much? But radio stations must be gearing up for the show tomorrow because while out this afternoon and evening I heard 3 different FM songs (amazingly two Christine, 1 Stevie. Notably no Lindsey lead songs) and I was still all happy to hear them. And I’d still like to see Stevie and Christine and Mick and John. Though I sure wish I was seeing them with Lindsey...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-06-2018, 05:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like what you said here. I do think it’s kind of neat the two tours are hitting similar areas so close together. I mentioned I guess I’m going to Chicago tomorrow night and I’m definitely seeing Lindsey in a few weeks. I think it makes it a little easier for me to cope with the split and while I don’t love all of LB’s solo work I’m going to be so excited and ready and needing some Lindsey when he gets to Chicago! And like you I haven’t been to a ton of concerts either (though I’ve doubled on a couple other singers I like) but I’ve been to 3 Mac shows and a Buckingham McVie. I have missed other shows I wish I had been to (still mad I didn’t go see the Say You Will tour). Heck, I even feel similar to you on your comments about the setlist and such that I deleted from the quote. Wish you were in Chicago. We could meet up and geek out and apparently are some of the few kind of straddling the line here and not vehemently hating on any one side. (Though no judgement to those who do have such strong feelings. My love for Lindsey grew so much after finally getting to see a live show. I was always more of a Stevie person. Though I don’t think I’d want to be friends with any member of the band except maybe John. I want to go chill on a boat with John and get away from all the drama lol).

Anyway, should be interesting to get to see both shows so close together. Maybe I’ll pick a side after.
Wow, thanks! I would have totally geeked out with you in Chicago. Not just because I love FM but because I love Chicago- it's my favorite city! Also like you, I don't love all of Lindsey's solo work. Well, it's hard to explain- what I do love of Lindsey's work (both solo and with FM, I REALLY love, but what I don't like, I REALLY dislike, if that makes sense. So with Christine and Stevie, some of their songs I may not care for, but only one or two songs I really hate. So that has always been a factor in why I'd been hesitant to see Lindsey solo before. I regretted not seeing Buck/Vie, so I am so thankful Elle encouraged me to buy my Lindsey ticket for his tour. I am beyond excited!

As for seeing FM, well, I would probably be crucified if I encouraged you to go to their show all I would suggest is that at their age, and I hate to sound morbid, you probably won't get a chance to see them again. Even if they live another 15-20 years, they won't be touring. I regretted not seeing Buck/Vie and you regretted not seeing them for Say You Will, so there's a chance you'll regret not seeing them now, while you have the chance. Plus I'm being a little selfish- I would love to get your reaction to the show. It's one thing to read about their set list, but it's quite another to read about how the audience responded to their set list. I mean, are audience members cringing during Free Fallin' or are they in the moment? Are they fleeing to the bathroom during I Got You or Oh Well? Those are things I'm really curious about.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, thanks! I would have totally geeked out with you in Chicago. Not just because I love FM but because I love Chicago- it's my favorite city! Also like you, I don't love all of Lindsey's solo work. Well, it's hard to explain- what I do love of Lindsey's work (both solo and with FM, I REALLY love, but what I don't like, I REALLY dislike, if that makes sense. So with Christine and Stevie, some of their songs I may not care for, but only one or two songs I really hate. So that has always been a factor in why I'd been hesitant to see Lindsey solo before. I regretted not seeing Buck/Vie, so I am so thankful Elle encouraged me to buy my Lindsey ticket for his tour. I am beyond excited!

As for seeing FM, well, I would probably be crucified if I encouraged you to go to their show all I would suggest is that at their age, and I hate to sound morbid, you probably won't get a chance to see them again. Even if they live another 15-20 years, they won't be touring. I regretted not seeing Buck/Vie and you regretted not seeing them for Say You Will, so there's a chance you'll regret not seeing them now, while you have the chance. Plus I'm being a little selfish- I would love to get your reaction to the show. It's one thing to read about their set list, but it's quite another to read about how the audience responded to their set list. I mean, are audience members cringing during Free Fallin' or are they in the moment? Are they fleeing to the bathroom during I Got You or Oh Well? Those are things I'm really curious about.
I feel the same way about Lindsey’s work. Definitely. Which maybe also says something about him as an artist and someone so willing to experiment. I sometimes feel like Christine is the weakest link in the band (not that any of them are weak!) in that some of her songs are very fluffy pop and I feel rather “meh” on some. Never unpleasant but I don’t feel very strongly one way or the other about some of her stuff and of course have other songs I really love. She’s also different in that sense from both Lindsey and Stevie. There’s more similarities in L & S’s work but Stevie’s stuff is a lot less experimental and more consistent. You know what you’re going to get from Stevie. Much as you do with Christine but Stevie’s work is darker? I don’t know maybe I’m trying to pull my comparisons too far here. But I think it makes sense that we have strong feelings for Lindsey’s work.

And I’m with you as far as this potentially being the last tour and that’s been a big factor in my thoughts on whether or not go. It may not be everything I want but maybe I need to take what I can get because this may be it. That said oh my gosh the additional fees on tickets. Yikes. I found a nice seat on Stubhub and the price was almost low enough I would’ve just gone for it. Until I caught an extra $50 in fees. Ouch. I know there’s been an increase in entertainment tax here in Chicago so I’m assuming that’s part of it and I have only ever bought from Stubhub once so it wasn’t clear to me those taxes weren’t included up front and they match the fees from Ticketmaster. But yikes. I do hope prices go down a bit later today.

But I’m planning to attend. And will definitely report back! I’m hoping to sit off to the side up close to the stage. Generally one of the best spots for arena shows (maybe the best as someone exceptionally short. I loved the time I got a floor seat for the last tour but I could hardly see a thing.) And it will afford me a great view of the audience as well. I’m so curious about the audience reactions as well. Though at this point, I’m equally curious about what my own take on things will be! I do figure as “wrong” as I’ve felt songs have sounded without Lindsey, it’s also one thing to be watching from a computer screen and another to actually be at a live show. Figure that can only help.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel the same way about Lindsey’s work. Definitely. Which maybe also says something about him as an artist and someone so willing to experiment. I sometimes feel like Christine is the weakest link in the band (not that any of them are weak!) in that some of her songs are very fluffy pop and I feel rather “meh” on some. Never unpleasant but I don’t feel very strongly one way or the other about some of her stuff and of course have other songs I really love. She’s also different in that sense from both Lindsey and Stevie. There’s more similarities in L & S’s work but Stevie’s stuff is a lot less experimental and more consistent. You know what you’re going to get from Stevie. Much as you do with Christine but Stevie’s work is darker? I don’t know maybe I’m trying to pull my comparisons too far here. But I think it makes sense that we have strong feelings for Lindsey’s work.

And I’m with you as far as this potentially being the last tour and that’s been a big factor in my thoughts on whether or not go. It may not be everything I want but maybe I need to take what I can get because this may be it. That said oh my gosh the additional fees on tickets. Yikes. I found a nice seat on Stubhub and the price was almost low enough I would’ve just gone for it. Until I caught an extra $50 in fees. Ouch. I know there’s been an increase in entertainment tax here in Chicago so I’m assuming that’s part of it and I have only ever bought from Stubhub once so it wasn’t clear to me those taxes weren’t included up front and they match the fees from Ticketmaster. But yikes. I do hope prices go down a bit later today.

But I’m planning to attend. And will definitely report back! I’m hoping to sit off to the side up close to the stage. Generally one of the best spots for arena shows (maybe the best as someone exceptionally short. I loved the time I got a floor seat for the last tour but I could hardly see a thing.) And it will afford me a great view of the audience as well. I’m so curious about the audience reactions as well. Though at this point, I’m equally curious about what my own take on things will be! I do figure as “wrong” as I’ve felt songs have sounded without Lindsey, it’s also one thing to be watching from a computer screen and another to actually be at a live show. Figure that can only help.
You are scaring me LOL because I understand exactly what you're talking about! I am short myself, so being on the floor in a large venue has always been an issue for me. And you described Lindsey, Christine, and Stevie's music very well and again, I know what you mean. It's easier to have more passionate feelings about Lindsey's songs because they are experimental, or certainly more out of the box, than anything Christine or Stevie does. I dislike When I See You Again, for example, but it doesn't actually bother me. The Ledge or Not That Funny, on the other hand, really grates on me, for some reason. Then again, Go Your Own Way is the quintessential FM song for me, perfection in every way. Crystal, Monday Morning, Second Hand News, I Know I'm Not Wrong, I'm So Afraid, love them all so much. And I know Crystal was written by Stevie, but his voice is f-ing beautiful on that song.

I was/am tempted to buy a really good seat for FM but it's several hundred dollars, plus an extra $75 in "service charges" so I think I'm going to hold off until the day of the show or close to it. I want as close a seat as possible while spending as little money as possible LOL. Anyway, glad to hear you're going and cannot wait to hear all your thoughts about the concert, good and bad!
Old 10-06-2018, 12:32 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stripes is one of my all time favorite films.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I was/am tempted to buy a really good seat for FM but it's several hundred dollars, plus an extra $75 in "service charges" so I think I'm going to hold off until the day of the show or close to it. I want as close a seat as possible while spending as little money as possible LOL. Anyway, glad to hear you're going and cannot wait to hear all your thoughts about the concert, good and bad!
I don’t know where you’re at but yikes. United Center is selling well (I’m sure it helps this show is on a Saturday night too...) but I’m not sure I’m going to catch a decent price drop. Tickets are going on and off the market like crazy but I’m just surprised how few are left. I wanted to cry when I took a look at Gand Rapids and Detroit. The retail prices are half or less of the prices in Chicago. I’m from Michigan original and if I had a car I think I would take a trip to Grand Rapids for Monday’s show. Like even factoring in traveling I think I would get a better seat for less! So crazy. I really figured given how HUGE the United Center was I wouldn’t have to worry. I’m still going to wait and watch and may literally be buying a ticket at the gate. There are a few 8th row floor seats going for about retail but one already got snatched up. I don’t want to pay $300 but if it comes down to the wire, I might. I wish I could remember exactly what I paid for the floor seats during the last tour at Rosemont. I actually forgot my wallet and went with a friend so the next day I paid him back for my ticket and a bunch of merch and I know it was quite a lot but I don’t think we paid $300 for seats. No way. My friend wouldn’t have been okay with that.

But I’m still thinking this could be the last FM show I’m able to see so... hoping not to pay that much but I might.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t know where you’re at but yikes. United Center is selling well (I’m sure it helps this show is on a Saturday night too...) but I’m not sure I’m going to catch a decent price drop. Tickets are going on and off the market like crazy but I’m just surprised how few are left. I wanted to cry when I took a look at Gand Rapids and Detroit. The retail prices are half or less of the prices in Chicago.
Oh man, that sucks! Now I'm thinking I better buy a ticket ahead of time, after all, instead of waiting. I hope you find a good deal!
Old 10-06-2018, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chicago has been basically sold out for a while. I have been watching prices all day and they are not at really coming down from the scalpers.

You might have better luck at the box office with a drop.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've listened to this several times now over the last day and quite possibly this is an ode to Lindsey from Chris, Stevie, and FM. It fits.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/to6koX4zBbc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I've listened to this several times now over the last day and quite possibly this is an ode to Lindsey from Chris, Stevie, and FM. It fits.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/to6koX4zBbc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Definitely. Maybe we'll luck out tonight and get a video of it.