The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do You Want To See The Eagles Tour With Fleetwood Mac?
Yes 41 28.47%
No 103 71.53%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
****, they could even re-record the tunes and release it now. What a bright idea!
That would be ****ing amazing. They could re-record them and also include the original versions. Then tour together, it'd be kick ass
Old 12-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
That would be ****ing amazing. They could re-record them and also include the original versions. Then tour together, it'd be kick ass
Yup. The tour would be successful, no doubt. The album? Maybe not so much... 36 yrs is a looooooong time
Old 12-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No!
I've seen the Eagles twice in concert. I've seen Don Henley solo, and Don with Stevie.
Don Henley solo was awesome. I liked him with Stevie, too. He brought something new out of her which was fabulous...
The Eagles are a great group.But, they sing their hits. Almost exactly the way they are recorded.
FM just has a different tone. So, you'd have two mega-groups of the 70s with their fans: old and new, drunk and sober, psychotic and recently released...and, eh...it just bugs the hell out of me to know they'll be some Platinum Package for just $100,000 and a kidney or two, to have a seat,maybe in the first 10 rows (they'll let you know when you get there) and a stale sandwich with Mick and Joe, and a decal to stick on your tushie or something. And,of course, the whole tone of the package is designed to let you know what a FAVOR they are doing you by letting you spend your hard earned cash that way.
While the rest of us (in other words,the BAD fans) can sit inthe boonies for $250.
No thanks.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
they'll be some Platinum Package for just $100,000 and a kidney or two, to have a seat,maybe in the first 10 rows (they'll let you know when you get there) and a stale sandwich with Mick and Joe,
Stale sandwich? What now? I feel I've been robbed. I never got anything to eat!

Seriously, I'd pay the money, but I can't deal with the first 10 rows. The only reason I got the package is that they sold single seats. In the smaller venues where there wasn't that high a demand, you could feel confident of getting a seat in the first 3 rows, but this tour, where they are intent on playing stadiums . . . If it's going to be a first 10 rows deal in large cities, it's scandalous.

And what are the alternatives? Can you imagine what the scalpers are going to charge for this show? And with them, you usually have to buy 2 tickets.

Michele
Old 12-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do we really need two threads to talk about this tour?

Old 12-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
Do we really need two threads to talk about this tour?

What else do we have to talk about? It's the only bit of information we have about the future of the band. We aren't guaranteed any more tours or albums from the band or it's solo members. This is the one lead regarding the band's future that we seem to have some hard evidence pointing towards. And besides... this thread is a poll... the other one is just about speculation .
Old 12-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stale sandwich? What now? I feel I've been robbed. I never got anything to eat!

Seriously, I'd pay the money, but I can't deal with the first 10 rows. The only reason I got the package is that they sold single seats. In the smaller venues where there wasn't that high a demand, you could feel confident of getting a seat in the first 3 rows, but this tour, where they are intent on playing stadiums . . . If it's going to be a first 10 rows deal in large cities, it's scandalous.

And what are the alternatives? Can you imagine what the scalpers are going to charge for this show? And with them, you usually have to buy 2 tickets.

Michele
See, that's my issue,too.
I did buy a FM fanclub seat during SYW...but,IIRC, they did let you know a week or two in advance,where you were sitting and you had an option of rejecting the ticket.
I want full disclosure! And mainly because I'm kind of relentless with ticket searching and have been lucky enough to hit at the right time and get front row at face value. So, if I'm paying all that money for 10th row,and end up with front row...I'd be kicking myself forever. But, yes, stadiums would be a whole other story.
I'm just really not sure what I'd do if they go through with this. Frankly,at this point, I'm in disgruntled fan mode. But, sometimes,when that carrot is dangling RIGHT in front of me...I snap out of it quickly enough.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Correction: I would not mind IF the mac use this as an opportunity to introduce NEW music. 'nuff said.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Correction: I would not mind IF the mac use this as an opportunity to introduce NEW music. 'nuff said.
Yes, but what a terrible idea that would be.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Voted No, because I don't want that tour, lol xD

Old 12-26-2009, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I WANT A NEW ALBUM NOT ANOTHER GREATEST HITS REHASH, ESPECIALLY NOT WITH THE EAGLES!!!
Not that i have anything against them i just think they and fleetwood mac should (excuse the pun) GO THEIR OWN WAYS... I doubt they'll come to australia if this tour mounts up to anything so i'd much rather a new album!!!

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~

Last edited by silvasprings; 12-26-2009 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: crappy angry spelling
Old 12-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvasprings View Post
I WANT A NEW ALBUM NOT ANOTHER GREATEST HITS REHASH, ESPECIALLY NOT WITH THE EAGLES!!!
Not that i have anything against them i just think they and fleetwood mac should (excuse the pun) GO THEIR OWN WAYS... I doubt they'll come to australia if this tour mounts up to anything so i'd much rather a new album!!!
TOTALLY AGREE with you!!!!!!!! Agree with everything you said....and I think the same about if they don't go outside the us touring, I much more prefer a new album

Old 12-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Ledgie

If ticket prices are going to be $200 or higher, I wouldn't even want to see Fleetwood Mac at those prices. Not for a rehash of the 2009 tour, same setlist and same old tired stories.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No.

A). Good seats be impossible to get and expensive. Not to mention we have to battle a whole other fan base.
B). Don Henley's ego. Didn't they even put up fences and barricades? Please.
C). The set list will be the unleashed set minus all the fun tracks (IKINW, SYLM, Storms, Sara ect) and they will add Leather and Lace, plus Stevie singing on Hotel California.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's a great idea to have Fleetwood Mac & the Eagles out there, singing their old sets -- all their most commercial hits. Ticket prices will reflect demand, unless the promoters & bands are just plain stupid. And if there's one thing they've all learned since the 1970s, living the high-life, it's what to charge for their music & their lovely faces.

Another great idea would be for Fleetwood Mac to perform with Alicia Keyes & Jay-Z. They should segue "Empire State" into that "New York" song she does -- make it one big exciting medley suitable for the video music awards.

By the way, why aren't the video music awards called the video awards (or the music video awards)?

moviekinks.blogspot.com