Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey in Nashville this Thursday

Anyone going? Anyone need an extra ticket? So four of us were going, and one member of our party had to have unexpected surgery on Monday, and is still in the hospital, and won't be able to go. So we have an extra ticket at will call. All you'd have to do is meet us there, about 15 minutes before the show. The ticket was $60 plus fees. We'll take $50 for it.
We're so sad that she can't go with us, so I'm at least trying to get most of her money back, if possible.
You should probably email me, to make sure I get it, at xxxxxxx Make sure you put Lindsey in the subject! Thanks.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 11-11-2012 at 12:49 PM..
Old 11-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Anyone going?
how was it? any extra encores?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default tweets

tweets in no particular order... lots of photos tonight (and last night in Chattanooga but i was lazy to post tweets) -

@trentmonk
@barrygraul and I just saw the great Lindsey Buckingham in concert. It was absolutely amazing!! #inspired pic.twitter.com/tjC0soEx

@quinnboy
Stage all set for Lindsay Buckingham @wmarocks @ Nashville War Memorial Auditorium http://instagr.am/p/Ryn4MfyAq_/

@Coen_R
@LawnGnomeGirl almost makes me fly to the USA...almost. @lndsybuckingham Why no shows in Europe Lindsey?

@BrenninMusic
@Lndsybuckingham at War Memorial Nashville right now... Damn!! #ChristmasMorning #LittleKidAgain

@amberhurdle
.@Lndsybuckingham set the soundtrack to falling in love with my husband in 2008. Thanks 3 coming to #nashville! #trouble

@kindellbrinay
Working until 4 and all I'll be able to think about is #LindseyBuckingham show tonight with Kyle!! Two of the hottest guitar players EVER

@BailieStarnes
before the show! #lindseybuckingham http://instagr.am/p/RykTgGJwct/

@SuzieMancil
Seeing #lindseybuckingham @warmemorialauditorium in Nashville!

@amberhurdle
Ohmygaw! I'm this close to epic music genius! Yay for me! #lindseybuckingham #nashville #fb pic.twitter.com/BfCsWQ7l

@amberhurdle
"I've been down one time. Been down two times. I'm never goin' down again." -#LindseyBuckingham

@amberhurdle
#BigLove live! #LindseyBuckingham #shutthefrontdoor!

@AthleticClubYR
#LindseyBuckingham in Nashville. Swoon!! pic.twitter.com/AKq3vwpr

@BailieStarnes
Linds!❤ #lindseybuckingham #warmemorialauditorium http://instagr.am/p/Ry0te0Jwbc/

‏@BailieStarnes
Lindsey gave me his sweat rag! #lindseybuckingham http://instagr.am/p/Ry2QBCJwcZ/

@AthleticClubYR
@jenxhawkins I saw him tonight too! AMAZING. #LindseyBuckingham

@jenxhawkins
Lindsey Buckingham tonight!!

@Nickslive
Great shot Bailie RT @BailieStarnes: Linds!❤ #lindseybuckingham #warmemorialauditorium http://instagr.am/p/Ry0te0Jwbc/

@ellellew
this is great - go Lindsey and go @JuddApatow RT @Nickslive 3 NEW Tracks by Lindsey Buckingham Featured on Upcoming "This is 40"

@Nickslive
Just a man & his guitar RT @NASHVILLEMOMMY: Lindsey Buckingham @ War Memorial nashville from the front row! @Nickslive pic.twitter.com/mIsSfIB8

@wmarocks
Standing O for Lindsey Buckingham @ Nashville War Memorial Auditorium http://instagr.am/p/Ryy58KIXiH/

@seanparrott
Lindsey Buckingham should teach a master class in dynamics and showmanship. #holyeff

@MICAHMANN
Did I just read this right… a NEW song by Lindsey Buckingham and Norah Jones!?!?! OMG!

@DaphneEgan
My dads at dinner with Lindsey Buckingham and I'm at work smh

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-09-2012, 04:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It was really good. He was in really strong voice. Little too much delay on the guitar, but if he wants us to think he's playing 32nd notes....well, uh, okay.... And playing with a drum machine(tracks, including vocal harmonies) seemed a little cheesy... But overall, had a great time.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It was really good. He was in really strong voice. Little too much delay on the guitar, but if he wants us to think he's playing 32nd notes....well, uh, okay.... And playing with a drum machine(tracks, including vocal harmonies) seemed a little cheesy... But overall, had a great time.
When YOU say it was really good.....it was really good. Glad you enjoyed!

Old 11-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

last night was amazing. lindsey seemed to be in pretty good spirits. he was playful with the audience but also reluctant to take compliments. some things never change there was a moment (maybe when he was switching guitars?) when a guy yelled "LAY ME DOWN IN THE TALL GRASS!!" and lindsey was kinda taken aback, collected himself then said something along the lines of "uummm, well, maybe next time"

he discussed "big love", talking about when he left the band and wrote the song. someone made a comment about "looking for love" and he said "no, not looking FOR love. looking OUT for love, on the defense, retracting away". i though that was very telling, even though we basically already knew that. i thought he sounded amazing and seemed to enjoy himself. he discussed a few times about the difference in the "big machine" (fm) vs. the "small machine" (solo) and the small machine enabled him to be creative and do things the way he wanted. he also talked about how he started off with a 10 piece band, and things kept getting smaller and smaller (making hand gestures, started out spreading his arms out, then smaller and smaller, describing how intimate it was getting) until he got down to just himself and said it looked like were just getting him tonight. of course, the audience went wild.

last night was amazing. i was able to see a musical genius with some amazing people. i was basically in awe of him the entire night and he was very humbled and gracious after every song, seeming almost embarrassed from the applause. ~the applause from it all is so defining~

anyway, we were in a very intimate venue, maybe 300 people were there. when we got there, everyone was already sitting down and not many people stood up unless it was for a standing ovation after a song. there was no "rushing the stage" or a big to-do about it. everyone just listened and took it all in. at the end, a few people would walk up and take his picture, but that was about it. he said his goodbyes (after about an hour and 10 minutes) and about 5 or 6 guys walked up to the stage to shake his hand. he looked at me, (there was hardly anyone up there except for me and those guys) but i didn't get up there in time to shake his hand. he went down the line of all the guys, started to walk off to leave, then turned around and smiled at me and came down to shake my hand. i literally. almost. f*cking. died. it meant more to me than stevie because her's is so unemotional and robotic. this was intimate. it was real. i'll never forget it.

the pictures are crappy. security were bastids. this is all i could do LOL

Old 11-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
last night was amazing. lindsey seemed to be in pretty good spirits. he was playful with the audience but also reluctant to take compliments. some things never change there was a moment (maybe when he was switching guitars?) when a guy yelled "LAY ME DOWN IN THE TALL GRASS!!" and lindsey was kinda taken aback, collected himself then said something along the lines of "uummm, well, maybe next time"
THAT is hilarious.

So special the way he looked at you and then actually turned around and came back. That is certainly the way to SYHA. Sounds like a fun show.

Michele
Old 11-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
THAT is hilarious.

So special the way he looked at you and then actually turned around and came back. That is certainly the way to SYHA. Sounds like a fun show.

Michele
Well she looked like Stevie with dark hair! Clothes and all! How could he walk away from that? lol

It was an amazing show. With amazing friends. I wish we'd had a couple of days together down there!
Old 11-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
THAT is hilarious.

Michele

oh, it SMHA alright. lindsey is slowly making his way up to par with my stevie fandom. not quite, yet-it'll take years to match that mess of an obsession but i DO have a new found adoration and respect for him. he was just simply brilliant that night.