User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post

Thank you, CADreaming for these Mini Seeds.
You and everyone are very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
You must have ESP! I was just listening to POI and thought the sound was too low. I thought it was from my file. You did a fine job with these MP3s! Thank you so much!
LOL about the esp - prob not. I finally listened to them consecutively and it stood out like a sore thumb. Glad you like!

Quote:
Yes, POI has a 60s feel for sure. I love it! Sounds like some group but I can't think of the name of it right now.
Oh and Seeds We Sow has been converted but my internet is not working right now. If it comes up I'm going to try to upload it asap.
Awesome news! I can't wait to hear it!
Old 04-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
actually, after sleeping on all the excitement, i have to admit that no matter how much i liked UTS and GOS, before friday i believed he peaked with 2001 GoS 1, and that he'd never write again something that good. so, i'm so happy to be a fan at this time and feel privileged to even know this is happening. my expectations were so much lower and i just LOVE this group of songs and think they are unbelievable! like TrueFaith said - Lindsey's on fire!
If anything, I thought GOS 2 was a peak. I was in no way disappointed with UTS when it came out, but my reaction to GOS 2 was so different that I realized that UTS had been lacking and I had not acknowledged it.

With these songs, I feel as good about the new album as I did with GOS2 and I just can't believe he is putting out two stellar albums in such a short time span. I'm sad that he's making music that is so much better than Rumours, but it will never be heard by anyone.

As for lyrics, yes I am into them most of all. However, with In Our Own Time, I think the guitar work is hot. I would enjoy that as just an instrumental.

Michele
Old 04-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
right now. If it comes up I'm going to try to upload it asap.
Practically barking with anticipation. I like this, well the ending particularly, not those horrendous lyrics that proceed it, as a slow song for the tour and I would be pleased to have him whip it out when he goes to radio stations to promote the album. May I never have to hear TPT in concert again.

I'm so glad you taped everything. What a keepsake.

Michele
Old 04-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I just can't believe he is putting out two stellar albums in such a short time span. I'm sad that he's making music that is so much better than Rumours, but it will never be heard by anyone.
yes, completely agree!

(although i do think SHN and GYOW are lasting perfection, but he may have not had such a string of great new songs in a short time span as GOS1 and these new ones, imo)
Old 04-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
(although i do think SHN and GYOW are lasting perfection, but he may have not had such a string of great new songs in a short time span as GOS1 and these new ones, imo)
I agree about GYOW and SHN and I think he had incredible Tusk songs as well. I don't mean to besmirch his past accomplishments. I just wish he had the opportunity for exposure today that he had then. He's doing astounding work.

Michele
Old 04-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My first LB solo concert!!

I was another one of the lucky ones who got to see Lindsey's concert, and it was beyond anything I imagined. Sorry for this late review, but it's been such a busy weekend, this is the first chance I've had!

Michele, bless her heart, already gave you the complete run down, so I'll just give you a few of my own observations. Like I said, the concert exceeded everything I had hoped it would be. Maybe because I've never seen him solo before, but, I think really, because he's THAT good!

The first thing that was apparent to probably everybody was that the photos and videos from the TEC awards were horrible. He looked nothing like them!! He looks so much younger in real-life : ) He had a nice, healthy tan, and has put on a few pounds - good pounds...he was in excellent shape! He looked more like somewhere between SYW and UTS era Lindsey. He rocked faded blue jeans, tight, but not too tight ( his butt looked great, thank you very much! ), and just looked, um, HOT!! His leather jacket was fitted nicely, so he looked really muscular and his henley fit well too, rather than hanging off of him. It was a good black/brown color ( thank god not red! ). The outfit suited him and he looked comfortable, looked like the rock star he is! Frankly, he was beautiful. Stunning, in fact. I was in the 4th row, so I had a good view, and I wasn't disappointed in the least. He just looked sooooooo good!!!

Equally apparent was that he was relaxed, and having a really good time!! No tenseness, or melancholy at all. Just happy, and his smile lit up the place!! Everything about his look, and demeanor, was what I had hoped it would be. Not only did he look as good as he ever has, but he sounded as good too!! He really did. His voice was so strong, and he just hit everything right. He played brilliantly too, and even the standards ( ISA, NGBA, TRBL, etc, ) sounded great. If they seemed tired on the Unleashed tour, they didnt on Friday night. Trouble and NGBA were a good tempo ( not quite as perfect as Soundstage, but not as drawn out as GOS or UL ). He went back to the acoustic Go Insane, and it really showd off how commanding his voice still is. The climax of the song was crazy good, and I don't know how his guitar takes that kind of intenseness!! *chills*, as always!!

Every one of his new songs sounded amazing, and the audience clearly was digging them. God, what a treat to hear them! Waiting for September will be excruciating. Even with ripped mp3's I want to hear the actual album so bad. The song that I've been hummimg since I left the concert - and am still humming as I type, is In Our Own Time. When he got to the part where it starts to rock out, everyone just loved it, it sound really cool. I agree totally with shackin' up about the hooks...that all the songs were truly catchy, and would easily play on the radio, but still had a Lindsey edge to them. Several of you have said how POI reminds you of something from the 60's. As soon as it started, my first thought was he was doing a John Stewart cover! The beginning ( and only the beginning ) sound a LOT like Greenback Dollar by the Kingston Trio. It's definitely only a nod though, as Lindsey then takes it in another direction entirely.

Thank you Elle for alerting me to this event even happening! If I hadn't read your tweet, I would have missed this most amazing concert, and time with friends!! And thank you Pattie and Elle for the great videos you've posted, and for encouraging me to fly down the coast to LA!!

I didn't get much video of the new songs - too intent on listening, plus I didn't bring my good camera 'cause I thought they wouldn't let me in, so I borrowed my son's ipod not knowing how much space was available. I only got a few snippets : / I did get all of In Our Own Time, though ( the only new song in it's entirety ). I also got Shut Us Down, in full, which he opened with, and also his speech at the beginning, which Michele described in amazing detail : ) earlier. They're posted below, along with the end of Go Insane, and the beginning of NGBA - including a bit of the new intro he teased us with!

In Our Time:

Intro:

Go Insane (clip):

NGBA (clip):

SUD:
Old 04-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Practically barking with anticipation.
Oh is that what Lindsey means with all that barking he does?

Quote:
May I never have to hear TPT in concert again.
truth

Quote:
I'm so glad you taped everything. What a keepsake.

Yes, this is all very exciting and much appreciated.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
and also his speech at the beginning, which Michele described in amazing detail : ) earlier.
yay, you got the speech! i was really regretting not having that.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yay, you got the speech! i was really regretting not having that.
I got more, when he came out the second time - "for real" - but the video i shot was so shaky, Elle. I was just so darn excited, my hands were shaking so bad!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Clearly Lindsey doesnt share t Stevie's fears of hearing his new songs on Youtube before hearing the album.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
The first thing that was apparent to probably everybody was that the photos and videos from the TEC awards were horrible. He looked nothing like them!! He looks so much younger in real-life : ) He had a nice, healthy tan, and has put on a few pounds - good pounds...he was in excellent shape! He looked more like somewhere between SYW and UTS era Lindsey. He rocked faded blue jeans, tight, but not too tight ( his butt looked great, thank you very much! ), and just looked, um, HOT!!
I'm so ecstatic you got the pre-show. Thank you!

Lindsey did indeed look better than photographs would indicate and he has such an effortless charm when he wants. He has introverted qualities, but he also possesses an incredible social flair, a combination that is very rare. He's not always on. The charm and ease he can display is selective. But when it's there, it's seductive.

I agree with you about In Our Own Time sounding especially great. I'm not one who's into the playing most of the time, but with this song and GOS, it's hard not to be mesmerized just by the frenetic guitar work.

Michele
Old 04-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm so ecstatic you got the pre-show. Thank you!

Lindsey did indeed look better than photographs would indicate and he has such an effortless charm when he wants. He has introverted qualities, but he also possesses an incredible social flair, a combination that is very rare. He's not always on. The charm and ease he can display is selective. But when it's there, it's seductive.I agree with you about In Our Own Time sounding especially great. I'm not one who's into the playing most of the time, but with this song and GOS, it's hard not to be mesmerized just by the frenetic guitar work.

Michele
So true. Stuff like the TEC awards, even though he no doubt felt honored and appreciative, he just looked so out of his element. The other night was the complete opposite...I sure hope the good feeling he has going on will hold over through the ASCAP thing.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:52 AM
Supporting Ledgie

WHoa! Very cool! So glad some Ledgies got to go!

Did anyone meet him and/or get an auto?
Old 04-25-2011, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That Stars song is really catchy and I like his voice on it also (which is good cause I havent liked his voice lately)
Old 04-25-2011, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter View Post
That Stars song is really catchy and I like his voice on it also (which is good cause I havent liked his voice lately)
I K R. I can hardly wait to hear the whisper vocal studio versions.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.