User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmonta4 View Post
At the show in San Jose Lindsey flirted with the young 18 year girl standing next to me all night long. It was really weird. We were right up at the front and all through the night he'd walk over and give a her this lecherous stare and smile that were just creepy. It was distracting and uncomfortable to watch.
This whole post was uncomfortable to read because I am only 14 years younger than Lindsey. He is not creepy by any means but I'm sure if I was 18 it could feel that way from a younger perspective.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i'm reading through some of the comments in this thread and one thing that jumped on me is that some people seem to put the blame on these girls being offered to come close to the stage. i don't understand that reasoning. if you were at the rock concert, seeing some legendary band, and you have a good but not a great ticket, wouldn't you be THRILLED to be offered to move close to the stage?

people go to plenty of concerts of bands they are not a huge fans of, but know a few songs they heard on the radio and want to check them out. or want to see a legendary band before they die off . young girls who are not huge fans wouldn't have that much opportunity to hear FM songs on the radio, unless it's classic rock. why would you question them for going to the show in the first place?

so they are at the show, they are offered this amazing opportunity to take it in from close to the stage, and wow, they discover not only this rock star is not dead yet but he's very much alive, hot and interactive. and they become enamored and huge fans. and they take it to twitter and rave about it for days after (there's several of them doing exactly that on twitter as we speak, after the Dublin show ), and maybe even look up band's music .

so, if placing the blame on anybody, it certainly should be on these girls.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
I think just in general. They often have cameras taping the shows just in case, and usually in those cases they tape multiple shows for the best takes. Also keep in mind they probably want the stage to look younger and more exciting to the actual crowds there and also in the bootlegs and YouTube videos and all that. They want people to leave feeling like they were just at an exciting hip show rather than a boring sit-down nostalgia act. I see the reasoning. I've been to Stevie shows with all executive type people in the front rows sitting down silently and sipping their drinks and looking like they just don't care, and without a doubt the shows I've been to with more excited, fun fans up front (regardless of age or sex) who were jumping, singing, dancing, and having fun, were much better shows and experiences in my opinion.
You may have a point. I've always sort of judged the audience by the people sitting in my immediate vicinity. The idea that people are paying attention to those in the front row hadn't really occurred to me. And with bootleg footage etc, that does make some amount of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This whole post was uncomfortable to read because I am only 14 years younger than Lindsey. He is not creepy by any means but I'm sure if I was 18 it could feel that way from a younger perspective.
"Only" doesn't seem like a fair word to use here, viv. But I agree with your sentiment. I resent the often-perpetuated idea that being attracted to attractive people suddenly becomes "creepy" once you hit a certain age. I certainly don't plan on stopping myself from looking as I get older. However, I think continually pursuing someone who isn't expressing any interest whatsoever means "creepy" could be a fair word to use. Or at least "uncomfortable". But as I said, I do think, when you've had the life of Lindsey Buckingham, it may be more difficult to gauge things like that.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm reading through some of the comments in this thread and one thing that jumped on me is that some people seem to put the blame on these girls being offered to come close to the stage. i don't understand that reasoning. if you were at the rock concert, seeing some legendary band, and you have a good but not a great ticket, wouldn't you be THRILLED to be offered to move close to the stage?

people go to plenty of concerts of bands they are not a huge fans of, but know a few songs they heard on the radio and want to check them out. or want to see a legendary band before they die off . young girls who are not huge fans wouldn't have that much opportunity to hear FM songs on the radio, unless it's classic rock. why would you question them for going to the show in the first place?

so they are at the show, they are offered this amazing opportunity to take it in from close to the stage, and wow, they discover not only this rock star is not dead yet but he's very much alive, hot and interactive. and they become enamored and huge fans. and they take it to twitter and rave about it for days after (there's several of them doing exactly that on twitter as we speak, after the Dublin show ), and maybe even look up band's music .

That certainly wasn't how I meant to come off, elle, if you were talking about me. I wouldn't even use the word "blame" at all in this situation. I don't consider it a "bad" situation in the first place. It's all more or less fair play. I just find it all interesting/curious and am trying to make sense of all the angles, as someone who really doesn't go to concerts very much at all.

I have to say though, to answer your question, I probably would stay put in a situation like that. Getting up so close to a rock star that I may or may not be very familiar with at the behest of a crew member sounds like a recipe for extreme discomfort to me. I can certainly understand people reacting differently though. And am getting more insight into different perspectives from your post and others in this thread. I'm enjoying the discussion.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
3 of my bestfriends were pulled up before (the infamous "we're legal" girls). Luckily in their case they are indeed real die hard fans (one having even flown cross country for the show!) and know everything and have histories following the band and Stevie solo, which actually everyone in my close group of friends has.
see - so happens that big fans get pulled upfront too! although "we are legal" girls do not need any security guy to show them the way to the stage . they made their way there even without being asked in Jones Beach, the same as my little group. they were great and certainly contributed to the show being interactive and getting slightly of its regular course, which is always fun!

lindsey interacted with them because they were engaging him, the interaction didn't start from him. he interacted with bunch of other people too, at that show, young and old, male and female. of course he was flattered and slightly frazzled when propositioned by 18-year olds, what man wouldn't be?

and just if anybody's wondering, these girls are not blonde, so that's not a prerequisite.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I'm 20 and decent looking, and at the show I went to, I was standing right in front of Lindsey (because I paid for close seats). I did feel like he paid me a lot of attention, but I felt like also paid attention to the people around me who weren't my age. I didn't feel like he was being creepy, I felt like any attention he gave was just feeding off of my own (over)enthusiasm.

But I'm not blonde.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
meant to say shouldn't, obviously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
That certainly wasn't how I meant to come off, elle, if you were talking about me.
yeah i know you didn't, and i always enjoy your posts, just wanted to put it back in a perspective since that part of discussion went a bit off course.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Guess it depends on the show, then.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My first guess would be that they were perhaps filming, and that was the reason for not having the geriatrics up front.
Nobody wants to see grandma's cleavage!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Well, I'm 20 and decent looking, and at the show I went to, I was standing right in front of Lindsey (because I paid for close seats). I did feel like he paid me a lot of attention, but I felt like also paid attention to the people around me who weren't my age. I didn't feel like he was being creepy, I felt like any attention he gave was just feeding off of my own (over)enthusiasm.

But I'm not blonde.
he interacts with the audience and that's great and thrilling for everybody. not every performer does. my 10yo loved it, said "Lindsey makes faces at people" during the show. i thought that's actually a perfect description of what he does.

he also remembers at least some of the people who he's seen at several of his shows, solo or FM, and obviously appreciates that and gives these people little extra attention, regardless of their age, look, or gender. at meet and greets when talking to people, i've never seen him giving more attention to people based on their looks, he seems surprisingly honest, and respectful with everybody.

btw WildHearted, i've seen you in some of those vids, you are gorgeous!

Old 09-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
My first guess would be that they were perhaps filming, and that was the reason for not having the geriatrics up front.
Nobody wants to see grandma's cleavage!
hmm... you didn't like Christine's recent cleavage pics? or Stevie's? they said cleavage and shoulders are the last things that go on women, so idk.

but yeah, guess nobody wants to see all those bald heads in front of them either.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hmm... you didn't like Christine's recent cleavage pics? or Stevie's? they said cleavage and shoulders are the last things that go on women, so idk.

but yeah, guess nobody wants to see all those bald heads in front of them either.
All I DO know, is that when they are filming, they do hand pick who is up front.

And yes, Chris and Stevie still look great. I would like to know how much surgery each has had. I would guess that Stevie has had a lot more than Chris.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All I DO know, is that when they are filming, they do hand pick who is up front.

And yes, Chris and Stevie still look great. I would like to know how much surgery each has had. I would guess that Stevie has had a lot more than Chris.
Stevie bathes in La Mer. But surgery isn't out of the question either. Chris probably has had some work done too. Probably before she went off to Maui.

and don't get me started on Chris' cleavage in the new photos.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

would make some sense.

but don't think they hand-picked at Saban. they did fill in a row that was empty (like 4th row in the middle). maybe it's different if they're filming for solo vs Mac shows though.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My friend, who doesn't post here anymore, went to see Stevie, at the Sound Stage filming, and told me how they hand picked who they wanted up front, for the filming.