Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's a he.
It doesn't matter whether they think I'm a he or a she although one can't fault you for trying to show a correction in the same way it drives most of us nuts when someone talks about Lindsey and spells it Lindsay or talks about Rumours and spells it Rumors.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
It was really sweet of Vivfox to think of his LB fan/friends :So, I think it's nice that Elle included others, thereby actually making it LESS cliquey
It's too late for me to make a new dedication list since the original has been dissected but sincerely, if I could do it all over again I would add your name. Or I would simple have dedicated it to ALL of Bucky's fans.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Forgive me. I somehow tend to assume everyone on the internet is a girl unless I specifically know otherwise, for some reason. I guess because I'm a girl.
No offence was taken on my part. I'm flattered that some people still think I'm a female.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post

Nice to see Elle selected me for the first team too. Always a huge Lindsey fan, just don't get the time to post as much these days but definitely check in everyday for my fix.
There's still a few actively flying the Lindsey flag high and proud in Ireland even after the downer last year.

First team
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm so confused. This thread was a very nice gesture and the pictures shared are amazing. And I appreciated the title, which grabbed my attention for sure. I am not slighting Vivfox's post.
Thanks for the thread. The pictures..
What amazed me the most is how many of these pics became new to people when all of them have been posted on The Ledge at one time or another.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
She thanks you for the kind words. I'm not a fan of cliques. When I joined The Ledge in 2007 there were cliques and there were many members who were not in a clique as well. I am always one to embrace new Ledgies because I want everyone to feel like a part of the group. I have been friendly to every Ledgie on this site and several of them were venomous to me from the word go. Not everyone is gonna love you no matter how hard you try. I'm not gonna stop being nice.
I love cliques! I am in a very exclusive clique! In fact I am only member!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
And me and vivfox love each other, but also like nothing better than to have a good bitch at each other!

Viv - WTF did you start here lol
In the words of Taylor Swift:This is exhausting.

Love you too Ms. McTrouble
Old 12-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No offence was taken on my part. I'm flattered that some people still think I'm a female.
You're not???????
Old 12-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think that many fans believe there are certain ways to be a fan and they like to measure others' fervor against their own and rank it.
I've been guilty of this. I told another Ledgie(privately) that I was a greater fan of Stevie than she was and then realized how ridiculous my statement was and apologized for it later.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
i really think that Vivfox was making a dedication to LB fans he knows and appreciates, rather than making a list.
In my head I was thinking how I should dedicate this thread to elle and McTrouble and then another name popped into my head, and then another and then...At that point I was trying to think quickly off the top of my head which Ledgies post often in the LB forum. That's all. Really.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I personally was flattered Vivfox mentioned me in his original post because I'm sure most of these ladies who keep this forum going would not deem me to be included in their clique.
I thought Vivfox's post was wonderful and that he was only doing in this forum what he had so generously done in the others -- sharing wonderful pictures. His list may not have been all inclusive, but again I don't think that he intentionally slighted anyone - like you said it was just a list of folks he knew for sure were big LB fans - and Elle's expansion was nice.
I appreciate CADreaming and I appreciate elle and I love being a member of these forums. And just for the record, it drives me crazy that my screen name isn't listed as the way it was when I signed up as VivFox. Capital V and capital F
Old 12-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When I joined The Ledge in 2007 there were cliques and there were many members who were not in a clique as well. I am always one to embrace new Ledgies because I want everyone to feel like a part of the group. I have been friendly to every Ledgie on this site and several of them were venomous to me from the word go.
When I joined the Ledge, I found the atmosphere very toxic, so after one or two posts, I moved over to FMLegacy and didn't return for four years. Four years later . . . as Stevie would say.

Cliques are fine, when you are rejoicing in each other and your shared interests, but when you start mocking those you consider to be on the outside and buoying your own status and sense of togetherness by distinguishing yourselves from them in a negative way, then it's not so cute.
I think Facebook is a great place for that kind of thing. I find the exodus from The Ledge to FB inevitable. It's just a sign of the technology and the times we live in and I don't try to fight it, because I think everyone should have a place where they can post whatever they want to or about whomever they want, without fear of the response you'll get here when you do that.

My philosophy, on the Ledge, doesn't necessarily foster relationships among posters, because I don't believe in labeling other users. If you say something about someone else that doesn't comport with their own self- view, they are very likely to mind and they're going to tell you so. So, unless it's a pal of yours and you're joking around (as you and Viv sometimes do) I always like to talk about the band members and not about each other.

Michele
Old 12-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I appreciate CADreaming and I appreciate elle and I love being a member of these forums.
Well, on an active forum, i like the way everyone has their own niche. I mean, studies have shown that twins develop interests that complement or compensate for each other. So, if one twin is very good in math, maybe the other one will become strong in English. You kind of find your place in the other's weakness.

So, on the X-Files forum there were people who were all into the mythology episodes. About the alien invasion coming through . . . ears of corn, I reckon. Corn and black oil. Well, that was not my forte at all. And because the people online knew every twist, detail and nuance of the mythology narrative, I found that I paid less and less attention to it myself, because if I needed information about it, I could always read it in their posts. I never needed to have it in my own head. So, I would concentrate on one part of the show and use other posters as my back up storage drive when it came to plotlines that were less compelling to me.

That's what I liked about the Ledge when I came. If I wanted to know about Chicken Shack, I knew that there were Christine fans like Gail and Mary Anne who knew it. People always talk about the angry Smile at You and I think it's FM on that demo and I knew that someone like David would be able to listen to the instruments and give an informed opinion as to whether the players on the "angry" demo were FM members or not. To me, that's what CADreaming is like. She has her own forte and it was so much fun to come here and see that she had thrown up the lyrics to Lindsey's SWS songs when those Saban videos were released, because I was really into trying to find a connection between the new songs and the past and I knew that she could understand that, even if we came to very different conclusions. It was a very fun time.

I guess I never wanted anyone to be the same type of FM fan that I am because I actually get more out of a board when there are different kinds of fans than I am. Not into Peter Green, but there have been times when I've needed insight from people who are. You can kind of make a collective brain together. You know, you keep track of how many times Krycek has threatened Mulder's life and I'll count how many times Scully has reached out to hold his hand. Michele

Michele
Old 12-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I wonder which "list" you think I make...
Quote:
Is there a shipper list?

Quote:
from this list of pro-LB voters in the poll linked above, i want to give a shout-out to some who i enjoyed talking to over the interwebs, whose posts i enjoyed a lot, and others that i had a pleasure of meeting personally (bold) and we had some great times together:
bangdrum
Cammie
crazydivaz89
D.W-Suite
erwk05
gfd1963
holidayroad
Lindsfan
Lori40
kaitsy
McTrouble
Nico
Peestie
redtulip
shackin'up
wondergirl9847

and then people not listed as voters in the poll above, probably because they either joined later or rarely post but are huge Lindsey supporters:
abbijoy
BTFLCHLD
crylove77
edgeof27
Erin
Hellomonster
Jetta07
lbfan
maccafan
madness fades
playon81
Rockaway
Sahara
sushud
WelshWitchPMD
and since we seem to be doing personal shout-outs (we are after all wrapping a great year as far as LB shows and new music!), i want to give a shout-out to few more people who are not primarily LB fans as far as FM fandom goes (and don't have any problems saying that! ), but are nevertheless great LB supporters and have become great friends to me over the last 2 years: Amlyn and london who i met personally and we spent together some fun times, and MacMan who i never met in person but we talked a lot and he's been such a great LB supporter and incredibly fair and balanced source of LB information.

Quote:
I admit that I have often felt that I don't really belong in any clique on "The Ledge." I'm more of an outsider just sharing my love for Lindsey, who is my first and foremost where Fleetwood Mac is concerned. But I have so much appreciation and love for my fellow Lindsey fans, and elle's post was very appreciated by me.
or maybe you are in the "clique" of LB defenders when "fair and balanced" people decide we all wear buckyblinders if we say something they don't like?

Quote:
That and to read threads by many of you, especially the Lindsey stans. I am not slighting Vivfox's post. But I DO understand why elle felt the need to give a shout out to other huge Lindsey fans. She's a very fair person and I really admire that about her. Thank you elle.
<3

Quote:
you got a special shout-out, not a category.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo View Post
I would like to be categorized as someone that doesn't like to be categorized.

Oh, and I really like LB's music.

Quote:
Feel free to categorise me - I don't mind in the least!

I will always be ecstatic to be in an exclusive obsessive Lindsey category clique
lol - finally someone who wants to be in the "clique".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Nice to see Elle selected me for the first team too. Always a huge Lindsey fan, just don't get the time to post as much these days but definitely check in everyday for my fix.
i would never forget you! always understanding and defending LB, when almost everyone else is more than ready to jump on him for one reason or another!

Quote:
A dedication is a personal choice.You don't have the right to claim
true! and wow VivFox - that whole post was harsh! i definitely feel properly reprimanded. and see VivFox, the same way you "have a right" to dedicate a thread to whoever you want, i have a right to give a shout-out to whoever i want, don't you think?

reprimands and nitpicking is exactly what several people pointed to in this very thread is what drives them away from posting although they love to discuss anything Lindsey:
Quote:
Maybe one reason so few people post here anymore is because whenever someone states an opinion they get reprimanded
Quote:
You can now just put me in "nitpicking" category!
it makes me sad that so few people post when it doesn't need to be that way. just look at the list of people in my shout-out! wouldn't it be so much more interesting around here if only a third of those people (maybe even just a third of the ones that i personally met before) would feel like their thoughts are welcome instead of being accused of wearing buckyblinders every time they decide to defend or take LB's side in some discussion?

so:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Yep, lots more! Not clique-ish, we welcome LB lovers of all shapes and sizes!
Quote:
Indeed we do I've met so many good people both at concerts, and online, that I've long since lost count. I make a point of, and I know many other LB fans do too, including and encouraging anyone who shows an interest in Lindsey and his music. It's the love of everything about him, that makes us anything BUT cliquish

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I guess I never wanted anyone to be the same type of FM fan that I am because I actually get more out of a board when there are different kinds of fans than I am. Not into Peter Green, but there have been times when I've needed insight from people who are. You can kind of make a collective brain together.
definitely not into group thinking but collective / complementary brains instead!

and it's amazing how many interesting discussions can be carried on, and how many varied and polar opposite opinions or insights different people from all over the world can express if they are not immediately thrown into some category like "ah, you will always mindlessly defend LB no matter what he does".

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"