User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Sometimes Itunes will provide a digital copy of the liner notes, but I didn't get one.

Michele
yeah amazon too, but i didn't get one either.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting. "I'm a Jazz Man" does not sound like him. Well, this is the same guy who wrote Empire State and I don't think he really spends a lot of time in NY either, so . . . there you go.

Michele
Old 12-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Interesting. "I'm a Jazz Man" does not sound like him. Well, this is the same guy who wrote Empire State and I don't think he really spends a lot of time in NY either, so . . . there you go.

Michele
some of these may be parts of his [old] songs that others have used and he has a partial copyright.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Well, isn't that interesting!

Froom is a very talented producer, though quite different from Rubin. You know, though...in some ways, he's not that different from Brion. They've also worked together in the past.

Froom has produced fantastic, career-defining records for artists like Los Lobos and Crowded House, and he's also worked with Bonnie Raitt, Sheryl Crow, Paul McCartney, Richard Thompson, Elvis Costello, Randy Newman, and many more.

Curiously, he's a remarkably talented keyboardist and arranger, so I wonder if he played keys on the sessions?

And didn't Mitch play keys on one song on OOTC? I don't have the liner notes in front of me...

Not that I don't trust you, but where did you hear this information?

Thanks,
matt
I'm a huge fan of both Jon Brion and Mitchell Froom's work. Jon Brion is probably more out of the box in the pop/rock framework. However, I was extremely pleased and then regretful that we may never see a full FM Fleetwood Mac record potentially co-produced by Mitchell Froom come to fruition .
Since Mitchell presided over the 7-8 tracks that the boys recorded in 6 weeks at Lindsey's studio, I'm betting that he oversaw the recordings that Stevie participated in last month or at the very least gets co-producer credit. Especially since Lindsey said he lived just 5 minutes from Lindsey's house.

Here's what Lindsey said about Mitchell in an interview published a week ago:

How did you hook up with Mitchell Froom?

“I had never met Mitchell but spoke with him on the phone. I like the guy. I like some of his reference points that I was aware of. I also knew he was a very skillful string-arranger in case we wanted anything more outside the box like that. And to top it off he lives about five minutes from me. We did this whole thing in a very handcrafted way. I’d go into his house and gave him all my rough demos first, some of which were fleshed out, others just snippets of things hummed into my phone….we sort of agreed on what songs we’d do, worked on arrangements. We had the whole thing worked out before John and Mick showed up. Then it was pretty organic. It was interesting for him – the peculiarity of how we do things… for three weeks we came up with all that’s stuff. It’s all very pop. It hearkens back to the Fleetwood Mac classic feel. And John and Mick were just playing their asses off.”

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...cb867d#scptifs

Last edited by Christopher; 12-11-2012 at 05:14 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And we were laughing because Lindsey was trying to sneak Froom up on Stevie.

Quote:
I wanted to use a really under-the-radar producer to help me, because I didn't want it to seem like a big deal. I really wanted Stevie to be engaged with it without it being anything that there was any public awareness of at the time, so we got Mitchell Froom in. I had never worked with him before.