User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Anyway, there's a bit in Storms that i find especially interesting, it is that moment when they are all doing the Rolling Stone photoshoot. She says it was a wrap in 45 minutes, and then Lindsey said (can't find the quote) he stayed on the bed of the photoshoot for like an hour...with Stevie. i would die to know the truth about that .
Oh, here's a post with the quotes.
http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...57&postcount=3

Quote:
"Christine really didn't want to be next to John, because they were just divorced," Nicks adds. "So he was the odd man out, reading the magazine. Afterwards, Lindsey and I got to talking about how amazing it was that not so long ago I was a waitress and he didn't have a job, and now we were on the cover of Rolling Stone with this huge record. And we lay there for two hours talking and making out. Finally, Annie had to tell us to leave, because she had rented the room for only so long. But in one afternoon she put Lindsey and me back together and also planted the seed for Mick and me, which happened a year later. You want to know the power of Annie Leibovitz, there you go."

As for Buckingham, he remembers the photo session a little differently. "For Stevie and me, the wounds and animosities were still very fresh," he says. "So the idea for the photo wasn't all that funny. We had to compartmentalize our feelings to keep the band functional, and at the end of the session, we had this moment of not being able to avoid all that had been lost. We embraced for about fifteen minutes, and Mick finally came over and said that people were starting to get uncomfortable. I don't know how healthy all this display of our personal life was, but that's showbiz."

Stevie said they talked and made out for two hours. What a nut. Logistically, do you see making out at a photo shoot with a photographer, her assistants and make up/wardrobe people roaming around, for two whole hours?

Lindsey said that they confronted what they'd lost and embraced for fifteen minutes.

Carol says the whole shoot took place in her home, under her watchful eye and I think, would have us to know there was no embracing or making out.

Last edited by michelej1; 12-30-2012 at 05:32 PM..
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, that was one of the odder passages in Storms. First of all, CAH says that the shoot took place in her house. That is just false. To me, it's like she said that deliberately to discount the stories that Stevie and Lindsey have told about the shoot. It's like she wanted to tell the reader that Stevie and Lindsey didn't have the time or access to share an intimate moment during the shoot, because she was there and it was in her bedroom. But it wasn't.

Yes, Stevie and Lindsey both told different versions when they recalled the shoot for a Rolling Stone anniversary issue. Like you, I don't have the quote right now. We have laughed about it in threads here somewhere, which I can't find at the time. Stevie had them practically making out for 30-45 minutes and Lindsey says it was more like 15, but the discrepancies, as slight as they were, were hilarious.

Michele
MAKING OUT??! . I don't understand why she lies about these things. This all book is about Carol Ann trying to make us feel sorry for her, and when she has one real opportunity, she hides it. Well, i guess it's a matter of pride. She won't admit that there was something going on between Lindsey and Stevie, aka the hotel scene when Lindsey "solved the problem" with Stevie.
I also think that something happened between Lindsey and Stevie during the Japan leg of the Tusk tour, but this is just assumption.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Stevie said they talked and made out for two hours. What a nut. Logistically, do you see making out at a photo shoot with a photographer, her assistants and make up/wardrobe people roaming around, for two whole hours?

Lindsey said that they confronted what they'd lost and embraced for fifteen minutes.

Carol says the whole shoot took place in her home, under her watchful eye and I think, would have us to know there was no embracing or making out.
Carol said it was at Lindsey's house. It was before they moved in together, when she was still working at the studio. She said she arrived there after work and if I remember right, Lindsey was excited about how it was going and showed her some polariods.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Carol said it was at Lindsey's house. It was before they moved in together, when she was still working at the studio. She said she arrived there after work and if I remember right, Lindsey was excited about how it was going and showed her some polariods.
Oh, I was thinking it was after they were already co-habitating. So, when I said her house, I meant Lindsey's (assuming it was the one she occupied as well).

Michele
Old 12-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I was thinking it was after they were already co-habitating. So, when I said her house, I meant Lindsey's (assuming it was the one she occupied as well).

Michele
I'm pretty sure she was still living in her own apartment and still working at the studio. So she wasn't there at the beginning of the shoot at least, according to what she wrote.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

THANK YOU .
"But in one afternoon she put Lindsey and me back together and also planted the seed for Mick and me, which happened a year later. You want to know the power of Annie Leibovitz, there you go". Back together, really, Stevie??
In a way Carol Ann and Stevie are very similar : both excessive in their statements.
Two hours is exaggerated i'm sure.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How the hell did this get on to Storms?????????

Anyway although I still value being a member here, I sure am glad there are more fun places to hang out where one can have a laugh and not take oneself so seriously!

I joined The Ledge because I love Lindsey (and to an extent F/Mac) and I wanted some lighthearted fun - after all, that's what talking about your favourite thing should be: fun!!!!

So maybe I don't come here as often as I used to - it's way too serious for my silly personality!

Too much huffing and puffing about nothing!

But I do still like to post some daft comments when things get too serious so I'll leave you for now with a little ditty:-

The sun has got his hat on
Hip hip hip hooray
The sun has got his hat on
And he's coming out today

I'm here all week folks!

BTW - If only you could all just accept that Lindsey is THE best!

*Ready to be jumped all over now but I don't mind*
Old 12-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I joined The Ledge because I love Lindsey (and to an extent F/Mac) and I wanted some lighthearted fun - after all, that's what talking about your favourite thing should be: fun!!!!

So maybe I don't come here as often as I used to - it's way too serious for my silly personality!

Too much huffing and puffing about nothing!

But I do still like to post some daft comments when things get too serious so I'll leave you for now with a little ditty:-
lol Viv - but that's my point - we / you can make it as silly and fun and lighthearted as much as we want - as well as serious at times. although i do understand that many feel it's not worth their time and effort.

that said - spare us your ditties in the future please

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
BTW - If only you could all just accept that Lindsey is THE best!

*Ready to be jumped all over now but I don't mind*
oh but of course! in fact, that's the ultimate truth - and rumor has it that anybody who has ever posted anything in this forum has to completely agree with that

although isn't something off if, in LB fan forum where by definition people should be able to freely be "LB fanatics" as much as they want, we expect to be jumped on when stating "LB is the best"? what's wrong with that picture?

and all - before you get your knickers knotted, twisted or whatever - this is just my bad attempt at joking.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol Viv - but that's my point - we / you can make it as silly and fun and lighthearted as much as we want - as well as serious at times. although i do understand that many feel it's not worth their time and effort.

that said - spare us your ditties in the future please
I'll think about it!

Maybe I'll just write some Buck related ditties!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie has a love affair with the phrase 2 hours. She uses it often, especially when referring to her live show. I would LOVE to see her perform for 2 whole hours. It's never happened nor will it ever happen.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but of course, and that's a good thing. what mostly bugs is when someone claims (on and on and on ) how fair, balanced and unbiased they are while doing the "reprimanding"... so after a while most other people just give up on discussion and decide they have better things to do with their lives. and then some random person with mild FM interest starts googling LB and finds these boards and gets some potentially misleading impressions.
Well it's obvious you are talking about me here. I don't have a problem with reminding you that I didn't agree with your statement of who is and who isn't a fan of Lindsey's. I have always appreciated your positive contributions to this board and have both privately and publicly told you so. I'm not worried about some random person stumbling on this thread and getting potentially misleading impressions of us because one cannot predict the future or how a potential new member may perceive us.