User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I know. But did the rest of my post cut any wood?
Yep - Tusk was definitely a grower - err I mean

Seriously, LB is a great artist because this ability to shock, then woo you in over time.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Yep - Tusk was definitely a grower - err I mean

Seriously, LB is a great artist because this ability to shock, then woo you in over time.
So at least he should get some credit from you in the fact that he didnot lose his ability to shock. The wooing in over time- that I can't promise .....ofcourse.

By the way...I love growers.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So at least he should get some credit from you in the fact that he didnot lose his ability to shock. . . .
I do not find these that shocking though. But, maybe they will grow on me.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
Over the past few days, I've not been listening to the songs at LB.com because I don't wanna burn myself out.
You're a good girl. You thought about not listening to the new songs and wait for the album to come out. Then you listened to them nevertheless. Now you are abstinent. You want to be strong. You are strong. Very. What will you do, if the rest of the songs appear tomorrow?
Old 09-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I do not find these that shocking though. But, maybe they will grow on me.
yeah yer right, shocking is not the good word here. Shakin' the expectations. Is that better?

Old 09-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

P.S. Christy, I did it the same way. Don`t want to ruin it for me too.

Every time a new album from someone I like comes out, I ask myself, If I like the songs because I want to like them (because it`s music from that artist) or because the music is good. Would I get a fan, if I never heard about that artist before and simply heard these songs? Would I get a LB fan if I never heard of him before and simply listened to the 3 new songs? I would say no. It was you and Show you how are songs I`d like to like and not songs I liked for themselves. That might develop, if I listen to these songs frequently. Still I am sure the album as a whole will be a good one. Shut us down f.e. as a relatively new song is sensational good for my ears. I would get a fan because of this one. I guess I like a little more instrumentation, esp. a little bit more guitar. I hope the rest of the new songs are more SUD style to make it not too much Brian Wilson-esque.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah yer right, shocking is not the good word here. Shakin' the expectations. Is that better?

Much !!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post

Every time a new album from someone I like comes out, I ask myself, If I like the songs because I want to like them (because it`s music from that artist) or because the music is good. Would I get a fan, if I never heard about that artist before and simply heard these songs? Would I get a LB fan if I never heard of him before and simply listened to the 3 new songs? I would say no. It was you and Show you how are songs I`d like to like and not songs I liked for themselves. That might develop, if I listen to these songs frequently. Still I am sure the album as a whole will be a good one. Shut us down f.e. as a relatively new song is sensational good for my ears. I would get a fan because of this one. I guess I like a little more instrumentation, esp. a little bit more guitar. I hope the rest of the new songs are more SUD style to make it not too much Brian Wilson-esque.
These are my words dude. I totally agree, I feel the exact same way. The thing is, I've had that same feeling with several other tunes in the past. Wanting to love them focused me on those eeky gems and after a while they became anthems of my fandom.

Shut Us Down is simply among the five best songs he's ever done IMO. At the moment even my nr. one.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Heh

Quote:
Oh I totally ran over to LB.com when someone posted that the songs were up. Then, I listened to them over and over ad nauseum for a couple of days. For the next 3 weeks...I'm gonna abstain from listening to any more...even if they put the rest up, which they shouldn't. I want *some* surprises.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Damn...Not that anyone cares but

I must be the only person, who is waiting for the album to arrive in stores, who has yet to listen to any of the tracks over on the lindseybuckingham.com

Call me old fashion, but I try to avoid hearing upcoming albums until I have the physical disc in my hands.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
I must be the only person, who is waiting for the album to arrive in stores, who has yet to listen to any of the tracks over on the lindseybuckingham.com

Call me old fashion, but I try to avoid hearing upcoming albums until I have the physical disc in my hands.

Respect dude, I wish I could conquer the temptation.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
This is awful to say but I liked him better bitter and tortured.
it's really not awful to say. it's just the nature of the beast. not that i'm saying you can't create some amazing songs and be a happy person but i think torment and angst suits him best. look how different sheryl crows last album wildflower [aka ode to lance] -- goodbye bitter, hello unicorns and rainbows. it just was not the same -- and not in a good way either.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie View Post
it's really not awful to say. it's just the nature of the beast. not that i'm saying you can't create some amazing songs and be a happy person but i think torment and angst suits him best. look how different sheryl crows last album wildflower [aka ode to lance] -- goodbye bitter, hello unicorns and rainbows. it just was not the same -- and not in a good way either.
Well now we all know what happened between Sheryl and Lance so... I'm just saying.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
K. Thanks. In contrast to Christine's it's a bona fide smash!
hers was way up there close to release date too
Old 09-12-2006, 05:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
I hope the rest of the new songs are more SUD style to make it not too much Brian Wilson-esque.
One of the things I like about this new stuff are the Wilsonesque qualities. It's stripped down in a Smiley Smile-manner; maybe it is indeed a reaction to the accusations about overproduction that people have often thrown at Lindsey (just like Wilson reacted to the failure of Smile by stripping it all down and even ruining the potential of some of the tracks).

Plus there's something really endearing and charmingly naive about a guy singing cliched lyrics about his kids; a sign of the oncoming dementia perhaps. Pretty similar to what Wilson's songs turned into at one point.

I'm hoping for the so-far-unheard three tracks to be full of overproduction, just for diversity's sake. It's unlikely because it's supposed to be acoustic, but anyway.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up