User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Attorney General Mukasey collapses

Was giving a speech to Federalist Society when he began shaking

WASHINGTON - Attorney General Michael Mukasey collapsed during a speech Thursday night and was taken to a hospital.

Associate Attorney General Kevin O'Connor said Mukasey began shaking during a speech to the Federalist Society and collapsed.

"He just started shaking and he collapsed," O'Connor said. "They're very concerned."

O'Connor said he did not know whether Mukasey, 67, had regained consciousness."

Mukasey was 20 minutes into his speech before he collapsed.

This breaking news story will be updated.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope it wasn't that year-long, boring, pointless presidential campaign that undid him.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I hope it wasn't that year-long, boring, pointless presidential campaign that undid him.
Hmmm, a guy collapses and all you can do is level insults. Very dignified indeed.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Nice.

AJ, sometimes your arguments just collapse and we worry about you being okay, but that doesn't stop us from leveling insults. Why did you only start complaining now?
Old 11-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
Nice.

AJ, sometimes your arguments just collapse and we worry about you being okay, but that doesn't stop us from leveling insults. Why did you only start complaining now?
Which arguments? Like the one where you just told me that you thought the Axis Powers might have actually won WWII?! You wonder if I'm okay?? You also argued that Economics was all a matter of opinion and not a science, which would be big news to the thousands of professors that teach it and the millions of students that take the classes. I think you're just mad because you couldn't win the price elasticity of demand argument and had no interest in looking it up to debate the point.

I just thought on a post involving someone in high office with a potential serious medical problem, it is highly inappropriate to insult them and it shows a serious lack of class. Believe me, if it were Obama that collapsed, I'd be sending condolences. As much as I didn't want him in office, I at least have the decency to wish him well and not wish ill on him. Obama has a wife and two daughters, and Mukasey has family too. In fact, on a few other groups, people were hoping Obama would be assassinated, etc and I defended him and said that was disrespectful and would hurt the country. So, what's your point? There's a time to be brash and abrasive and there's a time when not to be. When a guy collpases, it's not the time to be disrespectful. Simple as that. I thought society had a little more class.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The guy is fine. It's not like he died. Probably had low blood sugar or something.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...pse/index.html
Old 11-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
The guy is fine. It's not like he died. Probably had low blood sugar or something.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...pse/index.html
Yes, I saw that earlier. It's a good thing too. About a month ago, I saw a cool documentary on CNN about how the government keeps the real health problems of officials under wraps. Apparently, despite looking young and vital, JFK was the most unhealthy president we ever had.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
Which arguments? Like the one where you just told me that you thought the Axis Powers might have actually won WWII?! You wonder if I'm okay?? You also argued that Economics was all a matter of opinion and not a science, which would be big news to the thousands of professors that teach it and the millions of students that take the classes. I think you're just mad because you couldn't win the price elasticity of demand argument and had no interest in looking it up to debate the point.

I just thought on a post involving someone in high office with a potential serious medical problem, it is highly inappropriate to insult them and it shows a serious lack of class. Believe me, if it were Obama that collapsed, I'd be sending condolences. As much as I didn't want him in office, I at least have the decency to wish him well and not wish ill on him. Obama has a wife and two daughters, and Mukasey has family too. In fact, on a few other groups, people were hoping Obama would be assassinated, etc and I defended him and said that was disrespectful and would hurt the country. So, what's your point? There's a time to be brash and abrasive and there's a time when not to be. When a guy collpases, it's not the time to be disrespectful. Simple as that. I thought society had a little more class.
Actually, I am refering to an argument that you made seriously, the one about the democratic party burning. Besides, he he is okay, and I want him to get better, and I wasn't insulting/attacking him or defending anyone who did.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
Actually, I am refering to an argument that you made seriously, the one about the democratic party burning. Besides, he he is okay, and I want him to get better, and I wasn't insulting/attacking him or defending anyone who did.
Okay, well I'm glad we're on the same page about him being better. He seems like an upstanding guy. Besides, he collapsed at the Federalist Society meeting and I just joined them yesterday!