The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's fun to watch these guys now. The Bushies are blaming Palin, Palin's blaming the Bushies. And we thought Iraq was a civil war...
Old 11-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Moreover:

The Odd Lies Of Sarah Palin XXIII: "The Clothes' Audit"

Here we go again.

Her first take on November 7:

Quote:
"There is no clothes audit except for when the belly of the plane got all cleaned out. All the piles of clothes they had in there, they wanted me at my house to go through it and box things up and send it. We should have done that when we were in Arizona, because we had half a day. Yeah, I was doing that last night . . . . But, I heard, too, on the news, there were attorneys coming out to do such a thing [audit the clothes]. There are no attorneys coming up. There's no need for it or anything else."
And now this:

Quote:
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin spent part of the weekend going through her clothing to determine what belongs to the Republican Party after it spent $150,000-plus on a wardrobe for the vice presidential nominee, according to Palin's father. . . . Republican National Committee lawyers are still trying to determine exactly what clothing was bought for Palin, what was returned and what has become of the rest.

Palin's father, Chuck Heath, said his daughter spent the day Saturday trying to figure out what belongs to the RNC. "She was just frantically ... trying to sort stuff out," Heath said. "That's the problem, you know, the kids lose underwear, and everything has to be accounted for."
So we now have it confirmed that there was an audit, that Palin was involved with it, and that some of the purchases were for underwear for the kids. What does she not lie about?

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co...d-lies--2.html

I mean why Palin would make such an obvious lie is an outrage.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-11-2008, 04:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sarah is showing up on every talk show that will book her.Funny how the Repubs stringently controlled all her media appearances during her failed campaign but now she can't stop chatterring .Sarah won't be going anywhere anytime soon I fear now that she has seeped into the national consciousness she will expend every effort to make certain she remains in it.I repeat if the Republican party chooses this by their own admission whackjob as their figurehead and 2012 nominee then they will have sealed their own doom as a minority party of bible thumping ,backwoods rubes.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

Well, from what I have seen, if the R's had allowed this Sarah Palin to emerge during the campaign, they would have been better off. I am not a fan of her and I think she is full of ****te in these new interviews. However, this person is much more coherent and likeable than the bufoon they portrayed in the early interviews during the campaign.

Moreover, America still mostly loves those "bible thumping ,backwoods rubes" and identifies strongly with them. So, I think "sealed their own doom as a minority party" is an incorrent statement. I support this conclusion by noting that Proposition 8 was defeated rather soundly. And, this defeat happened in a so called liberal state and despite the black vote setting aside any religious convictions against abortion to vote for Obama - but they were unwilling to do the same for the gays based solely on the rligious argument, which the far right shoved down their all too willing throats (the churches were almost solely resp. for the oppostion). So, I maintain it is not the minority of America.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 11-11-2008 at 08:01 AM..
Old 11-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Sarah is showing up on every talk show that will book her.Funny how the Repubs stringently controlled all her media appearances during her failed campaign but now she can't stop chatterring .Sarah won't be going anywhere anytime soon I fear now that she has seeped into the national consciousness she will expend every effort to make certain she remains in it.I repeat if the Republican party chooses this by their own admission whackjob as their figurehead and 2012 nominee then they will have sealed their own doom as a minority party of bible thumping ,backwoods rubes.

I agree. Now she is Chatty Cathy!!. After this year, I think we've heard the last of Palin on a national platform. She won't even win reelection as governor. A one hit (or miss) wonder!

Anybody remember Dan Quale?