Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Reznor: "I invite my friend Lindsey Buckingham..."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2th1sYINT

Nine Inch Nails Set to Premiere Austin City Limits Show
Trent Reznor also discusses "utter waste of time" Grammy performance

Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails performs in Chicago, Illinois.
Taylor Hill/FilmMagic
By JON BLISTEIN
February 18, 2014 11:25 AM ET

Nine Inch Nails' hour-long set at Austin City Limits will premiere on April 5th on PBS as a prelude to the concert series' 40th anniversary season. Filmed last November, the concert was NIN's first for Austin City Limits, and to mark the occasion, Reznor reportedly told the crowd, "We didn't want to make ACL a NIN show. We wanted to be out of our element."

Find Out Where Nine Inch Nails' 'Hesitation Marks' Landed on Our List of 2013's Best Albums

During a Reddit AMA, Reznor elaborated, saying: "I have a lot of respect for ACL and I wanted us to be a guest on THEIR show, not to convert their show into our concert. It was unusual to perform in that environment, and ended up being one of the best shows I think we played." If you miss the April 5th broadcast, you'll be able to catch the full episode online after it airs. Nine Inch Nails' set will also air again when Austin City Limits' 40th season kicks off this fall.

The group recently helped close the 2014 Grammy Awards, taking the stage with Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham, though Reznor had some choice words for the Awards and CBS after their finale was cut short. In a new interview with New Zealand's 3 News, Reznor called the performance "an utter waste of time," before detailing his reservations about performing at the Grammys in the first place.

"I can look now and say I should have expected something like that, you know?" Reznor added. "But, more than anything, it was just insulting. I invite my friend Lindsay Buckingham to come up on stage and it's just 'You know what, you've invited me into this place, fu*k you. fu*k you guys,' you know? So, lesson learned."

Amidst NIN's busy schedule, Reznor has still found time to indulge in other projects: As Beats Music's chief creative officer, he helped design the recently launched Beats Music streaming service, and director David Fincher has tapped the musician and his longtime collaborator Atticus Ross to score the upcoming film, Gone Girl.

After a sprawling North American tour last year that found a revamped NIN hitting festivals and arenas, the group is now trekking across Japan with dates in Australia, Latin America and Europe scheduled for spring and early summer. In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Reznor said that NIN will take any spare time on their upcoming tour to work on a new recording project and that new music could see release this fall.

Check out a preview of the group's ACL performance below, which finds Trent Reznor and Co. playing "Came Back Haunted" off the band's latest album, Hesitation Marks.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2th8Mzsvo
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Aw he feels he let his friend down. That's sad.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ha! I love it. And our cool-headed Lindsey can be the one giving tranquil, soothing advice: "Aw. It's ok, man. Don't take it so hard. These things happen. We know how this business is."

Michele
Old 02-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know, but I get the feeling that Trent is still pissed.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
I don't know, but I get the feeling that Trent is still pissed.
to make it up to Lindsey, maybe Trent should invite him again, but this time somewhere where they won't be cut off.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-18-2014, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

@timoneil5000
In the year 2014 Trent Reznor says stuff like "my friend Lindsey Buckingham." It's a strange world.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Anger and bitterness looks cooler in your 20s.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe they were just paying Lindsey back for being
drunk on their show all those many years ago.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Billboard has the same interview, but more complete, with the back story how the decision to perform came about -

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...-waste-of-time

Trent Reznor Still Fuming From GRAMMYS: ‘It Was An Utter Waste of Time’

By Lars Brandle | February 19, 2014 3:50 AM EST

Trent Reznor performs during the 56th GRAMMY Awards at Staples Center on January 26, 2014 in Los Angeles, CA
Kevin Winter/WireImage

Trent Reznor won’t play the Grammys again. That’s the line from the Nine Inch Nails leader, who’s still fuming that his closing performance on the night was cut short.

It was “an utter waste of time,” he tells New Zealand’s 3 News. Reznor had tweeted "f--k you" to the show’s organizers soon after his slot with Queens of the Stone Age’s Josh Homme and Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsay Buckingham was interrupted for a commercial -- and abruptly ended. But he's not about to forgive and forget.

“I can look now and say I should have expected something like that, you know? But, more than anything it was just insulting,” Reznor tells the New Zealand title. “I invite my friend Lindsey Buckingham to come up on stage and it's just 'You know what, you've invited me into this place, f--k you. F--k you guys,' you know? So, lesson learned. And the other thing is if we hadn't have done it, I'd be thinking, 'Well, what would have happened it we would have done it?' You know. So I don't regret that we did it, but would I ever - in any situation - ever consider possibly patronising that event in any form? Absolutely not.”

The tough-guy frontman gives some insight into how he and Homme arrived at their decision to appear on the awards show. The pair “spent a long time talking about the pros and cons. You know, 'Do we want to be on a sh*t show on TV? No, not really. Do we want to be affiliated with the Grammys? No, not really. Would we like to reach a large audience and actually do something with integrity on our terms? Well, yeah.”

When reminded that his performance looked and sounded great to TV viewers, Reznor quipped, “It was an amazing minute and a half, wasn't it?”

Trent Reznor's 'F—k You' to CBS for Cutting GRAMMY Performance

Reznor also provides an update on his recent work with Atticus Ross on their latest David Fincher feature film score for “Gone Girl” (a bit mellow, a bit noisy), he touches on his work as "chief architect” for Beats Music, and talks-up a forthcoming re-release of his 1999 double album “The Fragile.” “You know, we've mixed everything in surround, it sounds amazing, we have a great package ready to go,” he says of the “Fragile” reissue. “I just stumbled across 40-or-so demos that are from that era that didn't turn into songs, that range from sound effects to full-fledge pieces of music, and I kind of feel like - something should happen with that.”

Reznor’s industrial rock group outfit will embark on a rare co-headlining tour of Australia and New Zealand in the coming weeks. The first headline band on stage each night will be decided by the toss of a coin.

Same interview referenced in the Hollywood reporter (and other media outlets, choose your favorite):
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-finale-681530
Trent Reznor on Cutoff Grammys Finale: 'I Don't Regret That We Did It'

Old 02-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and another... interesting how different outfits transmitted it slightly differently:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...it?no_takeover

Trent Reznor Vows Never to Perform at Grammys Again: 'We Weren't Expecting That Level of Insult'
artist: Trent Reznor date: 02/19/2014 category: general music news

Trent Reznor Vows Never to Perform at Grammys Again: 'We Weren't Expecting That Level of Insult'

Nine Inch Nails mainman Trent Reznor is still very much upset about the cut-off of his Grammys 2014 performance with Josh Homme, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl and Lindsey Buckingham.

Chatting with 3news, the musician dubbed the show "an utter waste of time," once again dropping a few f-bombs along the way. "No, it was an utter waste of time," he said. "And I'll speak for a second on this. When this came up as an option, 'Hey, the Grammys would like you to play,' you know, quite frankly it was flattering. I'm not a fan of the Grammys, as I've vocally expressed in the past, I don't think I've ever sat through an entire broadcast. I know I've never attended one."

Trent continued by explaining the thought process that went on once the invitation was received. "But the way my head works is, to try to approach it from, 'Okay, if we did do it, what could be the upside?' And Josh and I spent a long time talking about the pros and cons.

"You know, 'Do we want to be on a s--t show on TV? No, not really. Do we want to be affiliated with the Grammys? No, not really. Would we like to reach a large audience and actually do something with integrity on our terms? Well, yeah. Let's roll the dice and go into it with the best intentions, with a performance we think is worthy and might - you know - stand out from the crowd. Or it might not!'"

Reznor continued, "But what we weren't expecting was that level of insult [laughter]. In fact we walked off stage and I thought, 'Hey, that actually went pretty well,' and I look at my collaborator Rob Sheridan, who I run into, and he's like, 'Oh my god man, you won't believe what they just did,' and... 'What?' 'They cut this thing off in the middle and put a Delta commercial on.' 'What?' We had no idea."

Reaching a conclusion, the frontman added, "You know, and it was just ... I can look now and say I should have expected something like that, you know? But, more than anything it was just insulting. I invite my friend Lindsey Buckingham to come up on stage and it's just 'You know what, you've invited me into this place, f--k you. F--k you guys,' you know?

"So, lesson learned. And the other thing is if we hadn't have done it, I'd be thinking, 'Well, what would have happened it we would have done it?' You know. So I don't regret that we did it, but would I ever - in any situation - ever consider possibly patronizing that event in any form? Absolutely not."

Old 02-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default audio - whole interview (Trent discussing grammys at ~ 11:00)

ok, here is, finally, the whole original NZ interview (grammys was really just one of the questions asked); there's also a playback available if you click the link and also embedded below from youtube so one can LISTEN to what he said:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Trent-Reznor-...0/Default.aspx

Trent Reznor on 40 unreleased demos, NZ tour, Gone Girl, Grammys
David Farrier 3 News Reporter

Tuesday 18 Feb 2014 3:48p.m.
35 Comments

Video playback

Trent Reznor isn't slowing with age. If anything, the musician and composer is speeding up.

With the release of last year's Hesitation Marks, the 48-year-old took Nine Inch Nails back on the road.

This sees him returning to New Zealand, a country he last played in 2009. Since then, he's launched and toured with his new band How To Destroy Angels, scored multiple films, won an Oscar and just this year launched new music service, Beats Music.

Today I caught up with Reznor over the phone to discuss the New Zealand tour, The Fragile reissue, the recent Grammys performance and working with David Fincher again, this time on Gone Girl.

Hi Trent, how are you?
I'm good, how are you?

Good. Hey, thanks for taking the time, I really appreciate it.
No problem, thank you.

There's a lot of excitement about you coming down here to do three dates in New Zealand. I saw your show at the Staples Centre late last year, and obviously it was a huge production that looked amazing and sounded amazing. I'm just wondering - are you guys looking forward to letting loose, being freed up from a lot of the technical stuff, and being able to just rock out a bit more?
Yeah, that's a great observation actually. You know, the by-product of doing a show like the one you happened to see, and that was following another one that was designed for festivals, was they become very kind of rigid, and you kind of have to perform in a certain order and a certain - there's a plot that has to be followed. The end result is after you do that for several months, you know - I'm not saying it's not great to be on stage - but you can start to battle boredom. It just starts to get into a routine.

We knew that we'd be ready for a change at the end of that. So what we've got for the next few months is the band has changed from an eight-piece lineup to a four-piece lineup, and that frees us up to explore a lot more of the aggressive and electronic music that we haven't played for a while. And it feels fresh again. We just spent a couple of weeks rehearsing and you know, there's a level of being unsure that's actually exciting.

That is exciting.
We're very present and it's much more interactive. It's easy - more nimble, because there's less people to try and lead down the path. So 'yes' is the answer. We're excited to start this new phase, really.

Obviously the set with Hesitation Marks was pretty heavy over in LA, and all those songs sound great live, are there any other albums or tracks you are looking forward to? You mentioned getting stuck into some other stuff. Is there anything in particular you are looking forward to delving into?
Well the band I put together that we just had with Pino [Palladino] and our background singers and whatnot...

...Those background singers were amazing by the way, beautiful.
Well, thank you. It was really an honour to work with them. It was fun having a new weapon in the arsenal that I hadn't had access to before. That did naturally lend itself for that band to be new-album focused, and also exploring the new funk, or deeper groove elements of older material.

But now we're excited about being able to get into more Fragile and Year Zero stuff, more electronic, deconstructing some things that felt a little inappropriate for that band. It also allows us to get, as I mentioned, some of the more aggressive material that didn't need eight people on stage to execute. There was a burden that came with that many people, which was, 'OK, what are you going to do in this song? Ah, well...' The new material is pretty easy to fit new people into, having all that extra horsepower. But to answer your question, yeah, there's a lot of Year Zero material we hadn't been able to play, and again a deconstruction of some of the older material with a different set of criteria. It's a lot more electronic / aggressive this time.

Well that Year Zero stuff works well live. 'In this Twilight', it was a pleasure to hear that stuff [in LA during the Tension tour]. It just translates so well. Something else I was curious about - I've been doing some stories around The Raid 2; I know you lent some music to that particular film, and obviously you're back with Fincher again for Gone Girl. Is that stuff floating around in your head now, or are you just going to do this tour, and then get your head into a different space for when that film comes around?
Well, uh, the timing isn't ideal this time.

Yes, you're f**king busy!
Well I booked this tour when David [Fincher] was going to do a different film, he was going to do 20 Thousand Leagues Under The Sea, which would start fall of 2014. So that worked out perfectly. Then things changed, and Gone Girl came up, and it happened to land right in the middle of the touring cycle that I'd already committed to. So Atticus [Ross] and I have been working - we essentially had the month of January off, so we spent that whole month together working on Gone Girl stuff, which was a shift - you know it always takes me a bit to shift from 'playing live mode' to the kind of quiet, different part of your brain that's used sitting in a quiet studio, trying to think more, ah, compositionally.

Plus with this one, always the first part of any work we do on a film isn't so much traditional composing as it is trying to decide what instruments to use, what kind of sonic power to dive into. Is it more organic? Is it more electronic? Is it clean and crisp, is it decayed and rotting? Is it happy or sad, or what degree of tension is it? How prominent a role is the music going to play in the film?
So a lot of that time was spent trying to answer those questions. We've written a pretty good sized first batch of stuff that we've turned over that they're excited about. But we're very early in the proceedings. You know, just as my mind was getting into that and excited... time to go on tour.

Yeah, right. It must be a crazy shift, mentally and everything - geographically, the whole thing.
Yeah, it's a little disruptive, but I'm trying to spin it as a positive, where I think inspiration can come from different places and being thrown into different situations. And now it's just up to the discipline of me to take that extra hour or two that I might have off, and putting it into setting up a rig in a hotel room and working on an idea. We'll see how it goes; it might end up with great results or it might be a failed experiment, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to work with David [Fincher] again, so.

You probably can't even say, but is it mellow stuff you're making for that, is it noisy?
So far it's a little bit of both. You know the film - I've seen bits of it - bits of what's been filmed, um - and it's - it won't disappoint. It's David, who brings an intensity to the material, and a conviction and integrity that is always exciting to work with, so it's kind of going in two directions right now, at the same time, both, in terms of the music, and I think it's going to be great, we'll see how it goes.

I'm curious, do you ever find that you're just too busy? I mean obviously - you do things in sections: You take time to do the How To Destroy Angels stuff, then you're touring, then you're writing, then this album came out, you're doing all sorts of TV show performances, you've got a family! Do you ever wake up and just go, "God, I wish I had a day off!"
Yeah, I mean lately it's felt like too much. It's felt like I've bitten off a bit more than I can chew, and I think it's a combination of really wanting to be as present as I can for my family, and at the same time - the other thing you didn't mention which has consumed a lot of time - I've been the chief architect of Beats Music which has launched in the States here, which has been two years of effort.

Of course, you did all the user interface and everything for that right?
I actually designed how it is, and oversaw the user interface, and oversaw the hirings and made sure that the tone of it is right, and the spirit of it is right. And an enormous amount of effort went into that, in an interesting way. It's something that feels outside of what I would have done in my normal Nine Inch Nails life, and composer life. And it's been creative in different ways.

It's been exciting to take an idea and then see it through to execution, and the pain of actually building it and finding the right team and managing people and governing it, and keeping the feel and tone of it right, and then launching it out into the world. And realising that, okay, this is step one of a thousand! This is an evolving thing.

But it's been very well received here in the States, and I think what we've come up with is something that needs to be out there, it's not just a 'me too!' music streaming service or marketing plan, it feels different. It's from people who love music and want to turn you on to great music, and it thinks about the concept of streaming in a different way. Rather than just about access, it's about the quality of what you're getting, and a trusted voice, and blah blah blah. But anyway, the launch happened to land right in the midst of this tour, and the album cycle, and when I'm starting a film...

Oh god!
... and collectively it's been a lot of stuff happening at the same time.

Well it's great, from the perspective of someone who likes your work, there's nothing better. But make sure you get a few days off. I hope at least in New Zealand you get a day off to relax.
I can't wait to go on tour so I can relax!

I was over in Los Angeles covering the Grammys, because one of our musicians, Lorde, was over there up for some awards. And I saw you had the launch party - very hip-hop orientated - for Beats. And that looked like an amazing place to be.
Oh the party, oh yeah that was amazing.

I just saw vicariously on Twitter that was going on, and thought of any of the parties to be at, that would have been a good one!
It actually was pretty fantastic, you know I wish I had more to do with it, I sat with my mouth open, one [performer] after another... fantastic.

Well it probably was great that you could just sit back and relax, you'd worked on it for a couple of years, so it was probably nice to just have some time out and just enjoy something to do with it. Now, my Grammys night was incredibly stressful, I was working the whole thing...
Really? Me too!

Yeah, you too, man!
[laughter]

That ended in an insane way for you guys. Do you feel any differently about that - would you ever go back to this ceremony? I mean I was in the middle of it working and didn't enjoy myself very much... how was it for you on reflection?
No, it was an utter waste of time. And I'll speak for a second on this. When this came up as an option, 'Hey, the Grammys would like you to play,' you know, quite frankly it was flattering. I'm not a fan of the Grammys, as I've vocally expressed in the past, I don't think I've ever sat through an entire broadcast. I know I've never attended one.

But the way my head works is, to try to approach it from, 'Okay, if we did do it, what could be the upside?' And Josh [Homme, Queens of The Stone Age] and I spent a long time talking about the pros and cons. You know, 'Do we want to be on a sh*t show on TV? No, not really. Do we want to be affiliated with the Grammys? No, not really. Would we like to reach a large audience and actually do something with integrity on our terms? Well, yeah. Let's roll the dice and go into it with the best intentions, with a performance we think is worthy and might - you know - stand out from the crowd. Or it might not!'

But what we weren't expecting was that level of insult [laughter]. In fact we walked off stage and I thought, 'Hey, that actually went pretty well', and I look at my collaborator Rob Sheridan, who I run into, and he's like, 'Oh my god man, you won't believe what they just did,' and... 'What?' 'They cut this thing off in the middle and put a Delta commercial on.' 'What?' We had no idea.

You know, and it was just... I can look now and say I should have expected something like that, you know? But, more than anything it was just insulting. I invite my friend Lindsey Buckingham to come up on stage and it's just 'You know what, you've invited me into this place, f**k you. F**k you guys,' you know? So, lesson learned. And the other thing is if we hadn't have done it, I'd be thinking, 'Well, what would have happened it we would have done it?' You know. So I don't regret that we did it, but would I ever - in any situation - ever consider possibly patronising that event in any form? Absolutely not.

Well - what aired and stuff - looked and sounded great - but, yeah...
It was an amazing minute and a half, wasn't it?

Oh god. Look, thanks for talking on that. After this tour - I am wondering what other projects you are waiting to get your teeth sunk into. I know there was talk of a The Fragile re-issue at some point - is that still on the cards?
Yeah, we've done a lot of the work for that. Really what it's come down to is with all the other stuff going on, the Fragile thing in particular, I want to make sure I get it right. You know, we've mixed everything in surround, it sounds amazing, we have a great package ready to go. I just stumbled across 40-or-so demos that are from that era that didn't turn into songs, that range from sound effects to full-fledge pieces of music, and I kind of feel like - something should happen with that.

And I think it has something to do with that package, and I just need the bandwidth to kind of calmly think about it, and decide how much effort I want to devote into that and what to do with it. I have a lot of ideas that could eat up immense amounts of time and I'm trying to weigh out - just think it through. I don't want to pull the trigger on something and go, 'Man, I should have done it in this way.' And I just haven't had a chance to be in a calm place where I can think it through completely and make that decision.

Fair call. That's exciting. Just finally Trent, there's a New Zealand guy, Simon Maxwell, he directed I believe the 'Hurt' video, he's coming along to one of the shows in New Zealand...
Oh great, great, great! It will be good to see him.

Do you remember him or the experience of that pretty iconic video, whose visuals you're still using?
I do remember him and I remember fondly, I just remember the experience with warm colour around it. I watch the videos and I don't always feel that way, it's a very rare occasion. So it must have gone well.

Well look, I appreciate your time, I hope the flight to New Zealand is good. There's a great New Zealand filmed called Boy, if that's on the flight, I'd recommend it to you.
Alright, I'll look for it. Thank you.

Nine Inch Nails tour dates with Queens of the Stone Age in New Zealand are as follows:

Wednesday, March 19 - Vector Arena, Auckland
Thursday, March 20 - TSB Bank Arena, Wellington
Friday, March 22 - CBS Canterbury Arena, Christchurch
I have a double pass to each of Nine Inch Nails' New Zealand shows. To be in to win, please leave a comment below with which of the three cities you'd like to see them in, your Twitter handle and why you should win.

Please only enter if you live in New Zealand! I'll pick the best answer for each city.

I'll be going to all three shows and hope to see you there.

3 News

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Trent-Reznor-...#ixzz2toua38LO

Last edited by elle; 02-20-2014 at 08:22 PM..
Old 02-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ok, here is, finally, the whole original NZ interview (grammys was really just one of the questions asked); there's also a playback available if you click the link so one can LISTEN to what he said:
With the internet, we really should have full interview transcripts. The news outlets get them and they pick what quotes they want to use for their news snippets and most of the time the readers only get various tidbits, most of them the same, but a few containing a new sentence or two.

Just put the entire transcript somewhere where focus fans can get at it. Your daily paper can still run snippets, but there needs to be a place where we can get the whole thing.

For the X-Files I have gotten bootleg copies of entire video press junkets where they just sit in a room for a day and answer questions for various reporters and I can see the whole thing. I love it, since I'm interested in them and don't care how Entertainment Tonight chooses to package its questions to them. I just want the Q & A without the rest. If FM does mass interviews this year, I wish we could just see the whole thing and not just the Access Hollywood videos.

Michele
Old 03-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from a Quietus interview with Trent]

http://thequietus.com/articles/14651...reznor-grammys

TR: No. I’ve only really spent any considerable time thinking about what happened in the last 24 hours. I was pissed off when it happened and then I made a decision to not speak about it or even think about it ever again because I was so ****ing irritated by what happened. However… We were offered that slot and it appeals to the ego when someone says to you, ‘Do you not only want to perform at the Grammys but do you want to close the show? You can do whatever you want.’ My gut reaction was, ‘No, I don’t want to.’ I was tired at the time and I don’t even like the Grammys. I’ve never watched the whole show in my life, so why would I want to affiliate myself with that? Then Josh Homme and I started a dialogue about it. Josh and I are friends and that process brought us even closer because we could have an in depth debate about the pros and cons and we both ended up at the same place which was saying, ‘It would be much easier not to do it than to take it on.’ So we ended up saying, ‘If we were to take it on… what if we could do something with integrity?’ It’s a seductive concept, the idea of doing something that doesn’t suck in front of an audience that large. No robots, no explosion, no gymnasts - just an integrity filled performance. So I started thinking, ‘I’d love to invite Lindsey Buckingham out - he played on the album and it would be a cool platform to integrate him into. Josh agreed. Dave [Grohl] agreed to play with us. And I started thinking, ‘This could be pretty good!’ So we spent a month rehearsing and figuring it out. We sat through the day of being at the Grammys and immersed in that world of ****. We had to stay ‘til the end because that’s when we were playing and afterwards I remember walking off stage thinking, ‘I think that went pretty well.’ [laughs] And I saw my friend at the side of the stage and he was like, ‘Oh my God man. You’re not going to believe what happened… They ran a ****ing Delta ad in the middle of your performance.’ And I have to say I didn’t expect that one. That was the one thing I hadn’t expected to happen. In hindsight it’s easy to say that I should have trusted my gut instinct but the truth of the matter is that if we hadn’t done it, I would be wondering now… ‘What if...’ It’s the way I’m wired. If I could do it again, I’d do it again but I will never play the Grammys again, if you see what I mean. I’ll never work with the Grammys again but our intentions were good. Hey, one day we’ll look back and laugh. [dry laugh]
Old 03-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an interview with Jon Theodore in Rip it Up by Lachlan Aird and Jess Bayly, March 12, 2014]

http://www.ripitup.com.au/music/arti...interview-2014

Dave played on the record [2013’s …Like Clockwork]. It’s his tune that was up for the Grammy. I joined the band basically after the record was done; so I was overjoyed to be included in it, in any way. Fortunately we played a song with percussion, so I was rippin’. Dave is such a dick that he came up and he actually roofied me….”

Um, what?

“I’m just kidding, man! I’m just kidding! It was awesome having Dave along because he is a kickass drummer and an awesome dude. And having Lindsey Buckingham [of Fleetwood Mac] shredding the guitar was amazing. It was an awesome thing to be a part of, and it’s more-the-merrier in a situation like that.”