User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
See when Mick says things like Christine doesn't want a world tour, that just makes me scream, "Then do a one-off with her in England." If that's not the real reason she's not with the band, then I wish he'd stop suggesting it was, because it can be so easily resolved that it just makes me crazy to keep hearing it.

She doesn't have to tour to be with the band. Mick knows this. Stop saying that's the reason. I'd rather he just said she hates them (or some of them) and at least then I'd feel I could get on with my life.

As for Stevie, she said she and Lindsey fought through the entire SYW production, so she doesn't want to commit, not because she doesn't have the time (hours, days, months), but because she doesn't have the time for that kind of stress.

Michele

It's also the stage fright with Chris, though. I remember a radio interview she did in 2004 where she said if anyone asked her to play live in front of an audience now she'd "have a heart attack". It's the touring/flying, to be sure, but it's also the nerves and the build-up. I certainly don't think she hates any of them, but she left them behind and changed her life because she knew that if she stayed in LA, around the same people all her life, she'd constantly be sucked back into a life she was tired of.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A new Fleetwood Mac album surely would be a nice idea, but at the time I'd actually prefer a new Stevie solo album and a new Lindsey solo album. Why? Not enough new Stevie songs have come out in recent years, so she deserves to have a full album length for her songs. And Lindsey has been on a roll lately with his solo songs usually turning out great. So he'd better get a full album's length of material, too.

A follow-up to Christine's "In the Meantime", a really piano heavy one, would be very much appreciated as well. But with the label she was on, Sanctuary Records, having gone under a few years ago, we might not know who would want to put out something like that.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of indie labels would jump at the chance of a Christine McVie album, though, like for example, Hypertension Music, who put out a lot of Rick Vito's solo albums to date.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered

Unless I'm wrong, it's been a ton more than "two small tours" that Stevie's done solo since the SYW tour. She's toured way too much, some might say. I count four solo tours, since SYW- my favorite was the too brief 'Two Voices' tour, gosh, what a concert that was. To hear SN singing 'Hotel California' and the 2 other Henley ('New York Minute' and 'Last Worthless Evening') tunes was chilling, her voice was astonishingly good.
I'm so thankful I got to see one of those shows, which also had her singing 'So You Wanna Be A Rock and Roll Star' and 'Leather and Lace' with Don. True, I could have lived without Don's parts on 'Gold Dust Woman' but for Stevie, I think that tour was her most adventurous since 'Enchanted'. I believe there were only 12 'Two Voices' shows in total with Henley before he 'remembered' he had to go tour with The Eagles, after which it turned into a Stevie solo tour.
In fact, I think there has only been one year that Stevie has not toured at all, since 2003. She's a total road warrior. There were also Vegas gigs in the mid-2000s that she took some time with to make a few changes, which after a couple of years got filmed for The Soundstage dvd.
I agree, her output of new material has been very small, but in part, that's because she tours when she could have been in the recording studio.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
In fact, I think there has only been one year that Stevie has not toured at all, since 2003. She's a total road warrior. There were also Vegas gigs in the mid-2000s that she took some time with to make a few changes, which after a couple of years got filmed for The Soundstage dvd.
I agree, her output of new material has been very small, but in part, that's because she tours when she could have been in the recording studio.
You're right. I've seen either Fleetwood Mac, Stevie solo, or Lindsey solo every year since 2003. It will be weird if nobody tours next year, but hopefully for a good cause like a new album and/or my checking account!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
You're right. I've seen either Fleetwood Mac, Stevie solo, or Lindsey solo every year since 2003. It will be weird if nobody tours next year, but hopefully for a good cause like a new album and/or my checking account!
Agreed. They have all been touring almost every year, either solo or with the Mac And well, an album making is a good excuse for not be touring next year, I think But one thing I would LOVE to see is that Stevie go to Europe for her solo tours also!!! Not only the US because she has lots and lots of fans wanting to see her solo here in Europe too! But when/if Fleetwood Mac tours again they have to come here to Sweden again! Can't wait to see them because this time I saw them was the first time and I don't want it to be the last...

Old 10-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Unless she's doing another solo album next year (and actually putting it out) then she has no excuse whatsoever for not doing another Mac record.

Why does she have to have an excuse? I would love to hear new music from her and from FM, but it's not my decision.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

I hope this rings true

Lindsey likes architecture?, seems like we have more in common than I thought haha.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And if Stevie doesn't commit..

She will never get away from the sounds of fans that haunt her, right?

- Spike