Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Jimmy Page and photographer Ross Halfin at the Led Zeppelin premiere:

"As Jimmy went through the Ziegfeld lobby a woman grabbed, him holding on and hugging him, not letting go. I grabbed his other arm 'Come on Jimmy we have to go!' pulling him away.'Who was that looney?' He looked at me laughing, 'Stevie Nicks!!!!!'"

http://www.rosshalfin.com/diary/octo...tober-2012.php
oh my that is hysterical. i would have love to have seen that!!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"As Jimmy went through the Ziegfeld lobby a woman grabbed, him holding on and hugging him, not letting go. I grabbed his other arm 'Come on Jimmy we have to go!' pulling him away.'Who was that looney?' He looked at me laughing, 'Stevie Nicks!!!!!'"
Hilarious! Priceless!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Ledgie

Quote:

http://www.rosshalfin.com/diary/octo...tober-2012.php
How sure was Jimmy that the woman was really Stevie Nicks? He and Ross were in such a rush to go through the lobby that he could have mistaken an obsessive fan who looks similar to Stevie for the one and only Stevie Nicks! Maybe it was just Jimmy's fantasy that it was Stevie Nicks holding on to him, you know!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been car shopping after a fender bender totally destroyed my old car. I'm not a car person and I hate car shopping. I narrowed it down to three models after much research and started focusing on finding an affordable one. Someone very close to me is a total car fanatic, he's younger, exuberant and found this to be an exciting opportunity to expose me to the wonderful world of cars. So he started throwing all these lavish models at me I could never afford and going on about features I don't need and wanting me to test drive models I'd never buy and I started getting really irritated. He finally realized how upset it was making me and apologized, saying that he was just so excited that I was coming into his world and he just wanted to help.

Without even thinking about it I replied "It's okay, I totally get it. It's like if you decided to become a Stevie Nicks fan and you came to me all excited with a copy of Street Angel. I'd start going 'No, you have start with Belladonna or Wild Heart... or maybe just dive right into Enchanted for a whole cross section of the different eras of Stevie' and I'd totally overwhelm you."

After I said that I realized I needed to share that with you all. I knew you would get it. LOL
Old 10-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Pristine Buckingham Nicks LP!

Fate.

FINALLY I have found a BN '73 LP. On a whim after shopping at school, I walked past a record store I have never found time to venture into. I was running a bit late for an appt., walked past the door, but decided to back track and stop inside. I usually look for the BN record to avail, and I almost first asked the older store owner before looking myself if he ever had come across one.

I walked immediately to the B's and after the first 6 records..not one, but TWO BN records right next to each other. I actually gasped. Walking straight to the counter, I chatted with the man about which was in better condition and that I was shocked to see two in front of me at once. He was a fan..we talked about the upcoming possibility of a BN tour..or material on the FM tour..and copyright agreements to finally have it released on CD someday.

Crazy..and to think I almost didn't go inside..
Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ Haha, eh well I think she could take him She isn't so frail
Old 10-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-30-2012, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

OMG her southern accent in the second video is just great. Totally brightened my day! Thanks Viv!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
OMG her southern accent in the second video is just great. Totally brightened my day! Thanks Viv!
You're welcome. It made my day too.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ She looks so gorgeous is those videos! Thanks for sharing
Old 10-31-2012, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
isn't it ironic though, that she gets royalties from Bootylicious when the part they used for that -- the guitar riff-- she did not write. She writes her melodies but the arrangements are really worked in the studio with / by the professional musicians. So technically I'd bet that the real creator of that riff is Waddy. It's good to be Queen.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
isn't it ironic though, that she gets royalties from Bootylicious when the part they used for that -- the guitar riff-- she did not write. She writes her melodies but the arrangements are really worked in the studio with / by the professional musicians. So technically I'd bet that the real creator of that riff is Waddy. It's good to be Queen.
Actually, Stevie stole that riff from a Police song. When Waddy found out he was pi$$ed off. Another Ledgie kindly brought this fact to our attention a couple of years ago.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, Stevie stole that riff from a Police song. When Waddy found out he was pi$$ed off. Another Ledgie kindly brought this fact to our attention a couple of years ago.
Yes, Bring On the Night.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I mean, I really don't think Stevie's sitting around writing guitar riffs... I think, like what usually happens with her songs, she had the chord progression and melody and lyrics and general structure and then she handed it over to the people she was working with for BD.

Supposedly what happened was that when Waddy went in to work on it, the other session people said they wanted to do the song with a similar feel to Bring On The Night. And then he listened to it and the guy playing on that song used some sort of echo machine to get that repetitive effect da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da etc and Waddy was like, screw that, I'm just going to PLAY it all, and thus was born the Edge riff. And that's why there's a totally different groove to Edge than BOTN.