The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:49 AM

The whole thing is odd. It was like when Christine's record company was having a Q&A and announced for fans to submit questions.

Then nothing.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm pretty sure nobody is missing anything special with this Fleetwood Mac XM station. It's going to be a glorified pandora like station playing Fleetwood Mac tracks with some pre-recorded messages from some of the band members. I wouldn't expect anything more than that. "I'm Stevie Nicks and this is XM's Fleetwood Mac channel ::insert Fleetwood Mac song:: we've all heard a million times.

I highly doubt it's going to be a really cool crafted thing like Tom Petty did with his or Bob Dylan did with his. Sorry - I'm just a realist.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From what I recall, each member not including John; had curated their own playlist of their tunes with introductions of each song. all members had been to Sirus in NY and recorded their part. There are pictures of Lindsey and Chris at the station.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess is this won’t go actually live until the 2018-2019 tour is announced.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
My guess is this won’t go actually live until the 2018-2019 tour is announced.
Do I hear 2020? lol
Old 03-30-2018, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was listening to the "Bridge" the other day on Sirius and they played a recording of Stevie talking about Dan Fogelberg. Perhaps one of the messages recorded for the MIA FM station.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
I was listening to the "Bridge" the other day on Sirius and they played a recording of Stevie talking about Dan Fogelberg. Perhaps one of the messages recorded for the MIA FM station.
Stevie did promos for the bridge awhile ago but they play them over and over. She discusses everything in those promos. I have heard that Dan Fogelberg promo before. She also does one for the Eagles, Loggins and Messina, among others.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie did promos for the bridge awhile ago but they play them over and over. She discusses everything in those promos. I have heard that Dan Fogelberg promo before. She also does one for the Eagles, Loggins and Messina, among others.
Ah, got it. I didn't know if they were old or new. Didn't she "take over" the Bridge station for a day? A few years ago?
Old 03-30-2018, 02:01 PM

oy... this band... they are hilarious.. Never a dull moment.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Ah, got it. I didn't know if they were old or new. Didn't she "take over" the Bridge station for a day? A few years ago?
I did not know about that one. I used to listen to the bridge a lot, not so much anymore. I actually created a thread about Stevie's promos on the Bridge about a year ago or so?
I love the promos. She did one that said every time a limo picks her up at the airport she instructs the driver to but on the Bridge. If they don't have Sirius xm she hires another limo company. She also said that Loggins and Messina was the only band ever that the Mac opened for. She said one or two Eagles concerts too. She would make for a fun DJ for a few hours. I like her stories.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

SiriusXM announced today that GRAMMY Award-winning rock band Fleetwood Mac will launch an exclusive, limited-run SiriusXM channel, The Fleetwood Mac Channel, on May 1.

The Fleetwood Mac Channel will showcase music from the band’s extensive Rock & Roll Hall of Fame career including their indelible hits, solo material, live songs, rare demo tracks and musical influences.

The channel will also include exclusive stories and hosted shows from Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks, as well as insight and perspective from Mike Campbell (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers) and Neil Finn (Split Enz, Crowded House) who recently joined Fleetwood Mac.

SiriusXM’s The Fleetwood Mac Channel begins on May 1 at 5 pm ET and runs through May, via satellite on channel 30, and through the SiriusXM app on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.

Fleetwood Mac also announced this week its North American tour, set to kick off in October and travel through more than 50 cities ending in Spring of 2019. Produced by Live Nation, the tour will feature the newly announced line-up of Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Stevie Nicks, and Christine McVie along with newcomers Mike Campbell and Neil Finn.

Tickets for the tour will go on-sale to the general public starting on May 4 at 10 am local time. Click here to find a complete listing of all tour dates.

SiriusXM subscribers will have the opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public on Friday, May 4 at 10 am local time. The SiriusXM Presale will run on Thursday, May 3 from 10 am to 10 pm local time. NOTE: The SiriusXM Presale for Louisville, KY, will run on Thursday, May 10 from 10 am to 10 pm CT. To access the SiriusXM Presale use code SIRIUSXM. For complete ticket information, please visit www.fleetwoodmac.com.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was wondering if once the dust settled, if the Sirius station idea would rematerialize. Hey a presale that I can participate in! I am a Sirius subscriber. Ha! Finally not just the Amex folks getting the love.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:10 PM
Registered

No wonder they cancelled the FM station in early February--by that time the band had already fractured and Lindsey fired. Kind of awkward playing music of one of its main songwriters who is no longer in the band! So they had to wait for Mike and Neil.

This is further proof that the firing of Lindsey took place during or right after Musicares. Anyone who chooses to believe otherwise just wants to fool himself/herself while bowing towards their icon and her eunuch high priest.

And what insight pray tell will Campbell and Finn bring to Fleetwood Mac?
Old 04-25-2018, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
No wonder they cancelled the FM station in early February--by that time the band had already fractured and Lindsey fired. Kind of awkward playing music of one of its main songwriters who is no longer in the band! So they had to wait for Mike and Neil.

This is further proof that the firing of Lindsey took place during or right after Musicares. Anyone who chooses to believe otherwise just wants to fool himself/herself while bowing towards their icon and her eunuch high priest.

And what insight pray tell will Campbell and Finn bring to Fleetwood Mac?
and if you listen to the CBS tv interview, the band was already fractured before Musicares, and that night was a fraud, with them all play acting for the crowd
Old 04-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
and if you listen to the CBS tv interview, the band was already fractured before Musicares, and that night was a fraud, with them all play acting for the crowd
I have a feeling Lindsey did not yet know he was fired, but Mick and Stevie had already decided. If he knew he was dismissed why would he show up at all?

That makes Mick and Stevie look even more deceitful than they already are. They make me sick.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:52 PM
NotonRodeo
This message has been deleted by NotonRodeo.