Addicted Ledgie

Default New Gallup Poll: Kerry 50%, Bush 44%

http://www.gallup.com/content/?ci=11671

Enjoy!

Old 05-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New Ohio Poll:

Kerry 50%, Bush 43%!

John Kerry leads George W. Bush among likely voters in Ohio according to a survey by the American Research Group. A total of 49% of likely voters say they would vote for Kerry if the presidential election were being held today and 42% say they would vote for Bush.

A total of 2% of likely voters say they would vote for Ralph Nader and 7% of likely voters are undecided.

In a race between just Kerry and Bush, Kerry is at 50%, Bush is at 43%, and 7% are undecided.

http://americanresearchgroup.com/ohg

Old 05-13-2004, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
New Ohio Poll:

Kerry 50%, Bush 43%!
It's about time something political pleases me in this state. Hopefully these results stay like this...only let's hope the gap increases! I've successfully converted my mom over from the Dark Side...I just have to work harder to get the rest of the state :-)

They say that no Republican has won the presidency without winning Ohio. Both candidates have been herer MANY times already, so it's very interesting to be living in one of the battleground states.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 05-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh God..I hope this changes soon..

These polls are not very representative anyway, all they really represent is that this gonna be one of those TIGHT AS HELL races...

I would have voted for John Edwards (who I voted for in the primaries) but I do not like Kerry...so Bush is the next best choice for me

Chris
Old 05-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How can one possibly want to vote for a man who encourages discrimination? Are we going back to the Dark Ages?
Old 05-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
Oh God..I hope this changes soon..

These polls are not very representative anyway, all they really represent is that this gonna be one of those TIGHT AS HELL races...

I would have voted for John Edwards (who I voted for in the primaries) but I do not like Kerry...so Bush is the next best choice for me

Chris
I just have to wonder about this. How do you go from liking someone such as John Edwards (who will get the VP nomination) to considering Shrub the next best thing in only a few months? Something seems off. Methinks I should post some links to Shrub's track record.

Old 05-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You should post those links. VOTER EDUCATION!!!!!!!! If you have any, you should post links to some Kerry info as well.

For those undecided out there, checking out the Congressional Record can give you some insight on Kerry's record in Congress.

For obvious reasons, I am voting for Kerry, in case anyone is wondering. But my point is that you have to be informed to make a choice, and TV just doesn't cut it.

Moveon.org ha a book out called 50 Ways to Love Your Country. One thing it suggests is to read more and watch TV less. It has really helped me...

Randt
Old 05-16-2004, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New Zogby poll has Bush's approval even lower than earlier in the week:

42%

Old 05-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To be quite honest with you..I'm not a democrat or republican so to speak..I like who I like.. I do research all the candidates.

Kerry flip flops too much. I can't trust him. In 2000 he votes in favor of permanent normal trade relations with China, and now he criticises the president for trading with China...He votes for authorization of force in Iraq, and now things have changed..even though in the first democratic debate he clearly said he supported the president disarming Saddam... I mean there's no consistency.

Now Kerry talks about the marriage penalty tax..and how democrats fought for it...and how he supports it...but sure enough in 1998 he voted against eliminating the marriage tax.

In 2002 Kerry was in favor of rejecting a Constitutional Amendment banning Gay marriage...but now in 2004 when asked if he would support one, he didnt rule it out..

There are also a lot of things I do not like about Bush....I oppose his stance on gay marriage and other things...It's a hard choice this year..because there's so much going on..and I do not love either one..

Chris
Old 05-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To be quite honest with you..I'm not a democrat or republican so to speak..I like who I like.. I do research all the candidates.

Kerry flip flops too much. I can't trust him. In 2000 he votes in favor of permanent normal trade relations with China, and now he criticises the president for trading with China...He votes for authorization of force in Iraq, and now things have changed..even though in the first democratic debate he clearly said he supported the president disarming Saddam... I mean there's no consistency.

Now Kerry talks about the marriage penalty tax..and how democrats fought for it...and how he supports it...but sure enough in 1998 he voted against eliminating the marriage tax.

In 2002 Kerry was in favor of rejecting a Constitutional Amendment banning Gay marriage...but now in 2004 when asked if he would support one, he didnt rule it out..

There are also a lot of things I do not like about Bush....I oppose his stance on gay marriage and other things...It's a hard choice this year..because there's so much going on..and I do not love either one..

Chris
Kerry NEVER said that he wouldn't rule out a constitutional amendment to ban gay marraige. NEVER. I hope you didn't read that at Faux News. Back in '98, he was one of a very few people who voted no the defense of marriage act. He's said repeatedly that while he disagrees with gay marriage, he doesn't believe that the federal government should have anything to do with it. As for the other votes, you have to take them into context. You can't just look at his vote and make up your mind, you have to know the reasons why he voted that way. I disagree with many of his votes, but that doesn't make him less appealing. He's a MA liberal running as a moderate. He's not a moderate, he's as liberal as they come, but he can't run on a liberal ticket; it won't fly.

Now, if you say you don't like either, vote for the person who is the lesser of two evils. I submit that it can't be Bush. I mean, c'mon. Look at Iraq, Afghanistan, 9/11, the environment, gay marriage, his tax cuts, his new economic sanctions against Cuba and Syria, his cabinet members and the things they've done; the list is endless.

Old 05-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No you are right Kerry didn't say he wouldn't rule it out...but he also avoided the question by certainly not saying he would rule it out..

He continued to say such things as ‘I’ll have to see what language there is,’ he said.” beating around the bush (no pun intended)--doesnt seem as if he really knows his position on this..

Chris
Old 05-17-2004, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No you are right Kerry didn't say he wouldn't rule it out...but he also avoided the question by certainly not saying he would rule it out..

He continued to say such things as ‘I’ll have to see what language there is,’ he said.” beating around the bush (no pun intended)--doesnt seem as if he really knows his position on this..

Chris
He's stated his position numerous times: he doesn't agree with gay marriage, but he doesn't feel that it is the federal government's place to prohibit it. It can't get any clearer. He's even been on Faux News and said the same thing, that's why he voted against the Defense of Marriage Act. Now, the question is: would you want someone who wants to write such hate into our Constitution (Dubya) or would you rather have someone who opposes it, but won't use the federal government to ban it (Kerry)? The choice is obvious, IMO.

Old 05-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfRhiannon
How can one possibly want to vote for a man who encourages discrimination? Are we going back to the Dark Ages?
We've been there for quite awhile. Don't worry, though, we're taking back this country in November.

Old 05-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The gay marriage thing is only one of the issues...it should by no means determine my decision..

So then I think to myself...How could I vote for John Kerry who strongly supports Affirmative Action, and I strongly do not support it...IMO affirmative action is a form of discrimination...rather than moving forward, and treating people equal, we continue to set apart races...by forcing institutions to admit one race over another, simply because they have a quota they have to meet...It should be about qualifications.

I also do not see how these relate...why does a candidate who opposed gay marriage, have to be for affirmative action and abortion (something I also do not agree with Kerry on)...the whole democrat/republican is really stupid...it's hard to tell HOW they really feel on subjects...Because if George Bush for instance says "I'm a republican..." but is for gay marriage and against affirmative action --then he's trying to play both sides...so neither candidate really has too much flexibility in terms of how much they are allowed to convey about themselves..
There's no in between...there's no candidate who is anti abortion, anti affirmative action , pro gay marriage, pro war is there? The question is...why cant there be, for the people who are not strict along party lines..lol

Chris
Old 05-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd rather have Kerry flip-flop on issues than come down on the DISGUSTING side of them like Bush does- pro-discrimination, anti-gay (not anti-gay marriage- anti-GAY), the architect of this war, the architect of 9/11.

I get so tired of people blaming Kerry for voting for the war and now being against. When he, and all of Congress, voted for the war, it was under the belief that the facts that they were being given were correct, that the reasoning behind going to war was sound, and that Iraq was a threat to the United States. All of that was untrue, and propagated by an administration searching desperately for a reason to go to war. If I were John Kerry, I would've voted for the war too, and so would most people, given the "evidence" they were shown.