User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I do not think the govt. requires citizens to leave Iraq, esp. if they are there apparently on legitimate business like this guy was. Interestingly, just by going there he eschewed any warnings or protections to a large degree. I mean it does not take a rocket scientist to know that Iraq is not a safe place. So, I cannot see how the govt. failed him esp. if it is true that he rejected an offer to fly him out of there, which we have no evidence to disprove. I cannot imagine them NOT offering to let me leave. Then, why does he chose to travel thousands of miles thought the desert and hostile terrain to reach a border It just smacks of a hidden intent to me.

Again, I am not saying what happened to him was not a horrible thing. I am just trying to figure out why this sounds fishy to me.

Here is the State Dept. site http://travel.state.gov/iraq.html

I am going to read it now.
They don't require anyone to leave, but they have the authority to force a civilian to leave Iraq. If I just wanted to go over, I could sneak in through Turkey and get shipped back if I was caught. He didn't have a reason to be there because he had no work there, he did back in February but that was then. He went back to find work. Like I said, it's all very fishy.

Old 05-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Other than my crazy conspiracy theories - the only way the story "works" for me is that Mr. Berg went there to look for work and got some leads. He was at the end of his rope and working nights at the prison to make money, etc. Then, he gets hauled into the custody of the Iraqi police for something (we probably will never know exactly what) and is kept there for like two weeks and is questioned by the Iraqis and the U.S. officials (apparently amicably jusging by his email). Then he refuses to leave on a pretty much guaranteed safe exit. Why? Did he think that travelling through the country he might generate work? Perhaps, I mean that is not UNlikely I think the fact that he worked at the prison is significant somehow, but how. Did he leak the CD with the photos? Did he particiapte somehow and this was the Iraqis' way of punishing him? Or, was he just walking down the street and they randomly grabbed him? These loose ends are suspicious to me.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

HEADS UP!!!!

Stop signing anti-Bush Administration petitions online!!!! The freepers are out for blood. I went to a certain neocon website/message board to look around their list of "enemies." They have tons and tons of people listed that are just regular people and, lo and behold, I found my name. Not only my name, but my telephone number. Afterwards, I went to the DU and found out that they got most of the names from the ANSWER petition. If I get any phone calls, I'm going to flip a nutsack. DO NOT sign anything.

Old 05-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Stop signing anti-Bush Administration petitions online!!!!The freepers are out for blood. I went to a certain neocon website/message board to look around their list of "enemies." They have tons and tons of people listed that are just regular people and, lo and behold, I found my name. Not only my name, but my telephone number. Afterwards, I went to the DU and found out that they got most of the names from the ANSWER petition. If I get any phone calls, I'm going to flip a nutsack. DO NOT sign anything.
Holy crap is that scary! They'll probably hunt us down and kill us all eventually. Kinda like they did Berg. It's been confirmed now that one of the henchmen in the video was wearing a gold ring which is forbidden by Muslims. Hmmm. . . .
Old 05-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe
Holy crap is that scary! They'll probably hunt us down and kill us all eventually. Kinda like they did Berg. It's been confirmed now that one of the henchmen in the video was wearing a gold ring which is forbidden by Muslims. Hmmm. . . .
Yeah, the one that's supposed to be Zarqawi!

I only received one phone call, surprisingly, and it was Saturday night. The guy that called said people like me are a disgrace to America and hung up before I could say "Vote Kerry in '04." A friend of mine that was on the list got quite a few calls, unfortunately.

Old 05-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Doesn't anyone think it's funny that this is being blamed on Zarqawi? The guy's been dead for almost a year. They bombed him and he couldn't get out of the building because he didn't have his fake leg on.

Old 05-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, but I think it's strange that anyone who has even seen stills from that video thinks that Arabs did it. Come on--they're too fat for one thing, one is wearing a gold ring, and another has adopted the "relaxed" military stance.

And re: your phone call? How much hate (?) would you have to have to call a perfect stranger up and bless them out like that? What is wrong with these people?????? Thank goodness only 1 of them was crazy enough to call you. Then again, 1 nut is all it takes. . .
Old 05-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe
Yes, but I think it's strange that anyone who has even seen stills from that video thinks that Arabs did it. Come on--they're too fat for one thing, one is wearing a gold ring, and another has adopted the "relaxed" military stance.

And re: your phone call? How much hate (?) would you have to have to call a perfect stranger up and bless them out like that? What is wrong with these people?????? Thank goodness only 1 of them was crazy enough to call you. Then again, 1 nut is all it takes. . .
One is enough, but it's better than two. Have you ever visited the Free Republic? I felt like I needed a shower after I went there; it truly is the bowel of HELL.

Get over to the Disney/Michael Moore thread, I posted some FANTASTIC news. This movie is going to be HUGE.