The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And oh yeah, I haven't seen the live action video but I've seen stills and I've got some of the same questions. Now I don't doubt for a minute that Muslims could kill an American--and they sure don't need a single reason to do so. But the timing alone of the release of this video is curious. And there are quite a few things about it that don't add up looking at the stills.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe
That's the best post I've seen anywhere in quite some time! That's sheer poetry, right there!
*takes a bow*

"It's the poet that I am, it's the way that I write..."

Old 05-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And oh yeah, I haven't seen the live action video but I've seen stills and I've got some of the same questions. Now I don't doubt for a minute that Muslims could kill an American--and they sure don't need a single reason to do so. But the timing alone of the release of this video is curious. And there are quite a few things about it that don't add up looking at the stills.
Exactly! That's all I was trying to say. It looks quite suspicious for some reason. For the life of me, I don't understand why he would be wearing a detainee jumpsuit.

Old 05-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
There are now several sites that have the video. I have no desire to see it.

P.S.--I'm a DU'er too! Big surprise there, huh?
So am I. Hehe.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
To be honest, now that I have had time to digest what I saw, I have some serious reservations about it. Ther's no doubt that the poor man was murdered in a horrific manner, but I think the US has something to do with it. There are way too many things that don't make any sense in that video.
Yep. Here are my observations from the stills:
Is Al Qaida making county jail issue orange jumpsuits now? For people who are terrorists, supposedly undergound and hiding, they sure are fat. Why is the man in the left of the photo standing at "parade rest"? Why does all of their skin look so white? How come their web site was traced to Germany?
Old 05-12-2004, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"If anything, this murder should open people's eyes to what we are dealing with...religious fanaticism at it's most extreme."

You'd think so but a lot of people just don't get it. As my late mother used to say, right church, wrong pew. The unelected fraud is on a delusions of granduer trip that he's leading some kind of religious crusade.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
First of all, I am under no obligation to justify my stances for you, nor am I obligated to break down my patriotism for you. I find it rather insulting that you, on the basis that I am not a Republican and despise everything this administration stands for, have the balls to make like I do. There are many, many, many things I love about this country, which is why I'm so sad about the state of it at the moment. Why else would I so strongly advocate a better way of life in this country if this is the country that I supposedly dislike? This country stands for freedom, but unfortunately, our current government doesn't stand for freedom. They're for war, censorship, oppression, hate, poverty, and greed. Our country was not built on those things and it's a damned shame that this is how our great country has become. You seem to be confusing my disdain for this current government and the evil things they do with my feelings for this country. I can have great respect for the office of the President, but I can also have a great deal of disgust for the man in the office of the presidency. I can support our troops, but I can also disagree with what they're fighting for. You need to learn to differentiate, it doesn't seem to be your strong suit.
Haha....Why do Liberals get so bent out of shape when someone disagrees with or challenges them? I can differentiate just fine. The trend of your posts have been hostile to the US and cordial when talking about ANYONE else....regardless of your hate for Bush (which is fine, I'm not the biggest fan either), you make this country out to be the evil empire which it most certainly is not. Although not perfect, we have been better then the rest...

Quote:
Secondly, I've never made a big deal over taking "God" off of the dollar bill. I suspect you simply used that tidbit to bolster your post.
Oops...oh yes, you are right...I don't know if you ever used that example before...sorry. Come on...it was a general point because you have ranted against religion in school and government before and we have had the "god" debate when discussing the "Passion". And...yeah...It bolstered my post rather well...ah, thank you.

Quote:
Thirdly, you're obviously confusing "Democrats" with "liberal thinkers." Democrats are not necessarily liberal thinkers, that's a fact. Maybe you the reason you don't like liberals or Democrats is because you don't know the difference between them. Like I said, differentiating is not your strong suit.

Who said anything about Democrats and Republicans? I am not confusing anything. Check my post. My beef is with far Left and the religious far right. Yes...I think they hold some off the wall and crazy ideas that have no root in historical trends or fact. Differentiating is not one of my problems.

Quote:
Lastly, I'm not expecting you to "get my logic." You say you're baffled by mine and I'm totally baffled by yours. You support this unjust war, you support writing hate into the Constitution that you as a citizen should uphold, you support the degradation of our environment, you support poverty and hunger, you support blurring the lines between church and state, and you support big business. We're at totally different ends of the spectrum. I'm an extreme liberal and you're an extreme conservative (whether you choose to admit it or not, you come off that way). I make no bones about my beliefs, I don't censor myself, and I call it as I see it, much like you say you do.
Interesting...could you mention specifics about my support for these various issues that you mention? I find it suprising that I support such things. The war aside. Hate in the Constitution? Degrading the environment? Poverty? Hunger? And...blurring the lines between Church & State???
Now I am intrigued...

Quote:
You have every right to disagree with my beliefs and you have every right to discard my beliefs by calling them "crazy" (which also says a lot about you), but you certainly have no right whatsoever to question how I feel about this country. It's not cool and no matter how heated the discussions have gotten around here, never have I done so to you or anyone else. You've shown your true colors, pal.
I did call those theories crazy because that is what they are to me. I don't pretend to know you, only your views through your posts and some of them come across as crazy in my mind....like those that strange conspiracy theories that have absolutely no proof and are slanted against the US. You may be the sanest and nicest person on the planet in person, so I can't and won't insult you personally. Besides...I would never sink as low as comparing you to Stalin or anything because that's a tactic of the far left. I have shown my true colors...proudly. But not the way you have interpreted them. And...I have a right to question anything that is posted on this site...much the same way that you do. And you have no qualms about exercising that right on your behalf. So don't moan when someone else does it who disagrees.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller

Last edited by Rob67; 05-12-2004 at 07:04 AM..
Old 05-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob67
Haha....Why do Liberals get so bent out of shape when someone disagrees with or challenges them? I can differentiate just fine. The trend of your posts have been hostile to the US and cordial when talking about ANYONE else....regardless of your hate for Bush (which is fine, I'm not the biggest fan either), you make this country out to be the evil empire which it most certainly is not. Although not perfect, we have been better then the rest...
Regardless of my hate for Bush? Once again, learn to differentiate, it's not your strong suit. Bush is the president of our country at the moment. He speaks for us and his actions reflect on us. His administration is the closest thing to an evil empire that we've ever had. When someone speaks out critically, they are not criticizing this country and what it stands for, they're criticizing our current government. You don't seem to get it. They are not upholding the Constitution, they are not nurturing a free society, they are against all of it.

Quote:
Oops...oh yes, you are right...I don't know if you ever used that example before...sorry. Come on...it was a general point because you have ranted against religion in school and government before and we have had the "god" debate when discussing the "Passion". And...yeah...It bolstered my post rather well...ah, thank you.
I just find it funny that of all the things you could have used, you used such a minute point that I used in passing. Rather interesting, IMO, but I'm certainly not as concerned with it as you seem to think that I am.

Quote:

Who said anything about Democrats and Republicans? I am not confusing anything. Check my post. My beef is with far Left and the religious far right. Yes...I think they hold some off the wall and crazy ideas that have no root in historical trends or fact. Differentiating is not one of my problems.
I'm not talking about Democrats and Republicans. Maybe you should chalk comprehension up as one of your weak points, too. I was speaking about liberals and Democrats; they are not mutually exclusive and being a Democrat doesn't make you a liberal. You don't seem to get that; you lump Democrats and liberals in the smae category whent hey can be just as different as a liberal and a conservative.

Quote:
Interesting...could you mention specifics about my support for these various issues that you mention? I find it suprising that I support such things. The war aside. Hate in the Constitution? Degrading the environment? Poverty? Hunger? And...blurring the lines between Church & State???
Now I am intrigued...
Hmmm. I seem to remember you saying on numerous occasions that you'll vote for Bush no matter what. A vote for that man is a vote of support for all the things I've outlined above. But I suspect you can't differentiate that, huh? You've said before that you could care less about the Constitutional amendment to write hate into the Constitution because it wasn't an issue you cared about. Look at the poverty levels that we're currently at and look at what this admin. is doing to stop it. Look at what they're doing to the environment. If you're voting simply based on this joke of a war on terror, you're in need of help.

Quote:
I did call those theories crazy because that is what they are to me. I don't pretend to know you, only your views through your posts and some of them come across as crazy in my mind....like those that strange conspiracy theories that have absolutely no proof and are slanted against the US. You may be the sanest and nicest person on the planet in person, so I can't and won't insult you personally. Besides...I would never sink as low as comparing you to Stalin or anything because that's a tactic of the far left. I have shown my true colors...proudly. But not the way you have interpreted them. And...I have a right to question anything that is posted on this site...much the same way that you do. And you have no qualms about exercising that right on your behalf. So don't moan when someone else does it who disagrees.
But you will sink to the level of questioning my feelings about our country, right? Gimme a break. It's not your place and you know it; I don't even go that far. You can call my theories and beliefs crazy, but you rarely explain your positions, except for the obligatory "I love Bush" propaganda. In any case, you can vote for the coke-snorting alcoholic and I'll vote for the man who'll turn our country around, John Kerry.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
So am I. Hehe.

Rock on Gold Dust Woman! And all of us DU/Ledgie's!
Old 05-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Rock on Gold Dust Woman! And all of us DU/Ledgie's!
Did you see how much it costs to run the DU every month?! I almost ****. Over $13,000!!! Once I get my finances situated, I'll donate to it and The Ledge, that's some major steak.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What is a "DU?"

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
What is a "DU?"
The fantabulous Democratic Underground, my dear.

http://www.democraticunderground.com

Check it out! If you want the real news and not the sanitized bull that the mainstream news feeds us, read it. You might feel out of place with the *extreme* liberalism over there (and I do mean EXTREME, your head will spin), but it's worth perusing.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The fantabulous Democratic Underground, my dear.

http://www.democraticunderground.com

Check it out! If you want the real news and not the sanitized bull that the mainstream news feeds us, read it. You might feel out of place with the *extreme* liberalism over there (and I do mean EXTREME, your head will spin), but it's worth perusing.
. . . and pea soup will be projectile vomitted Thanks!!!! I will check it out. BTW - for grins, you and you other crazy liberals ( ) should go to www.cbn.com for a good old fashioned hate site - Pat Robertson is the devil.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
. . . and pea soup will be projectile vomitted Thanks!!!! I will check it out. BTW - for grins, you and you other crazy liberals ( ) should go to www.cbn.com for a good old fashioned hate site - Pat Robertson is the devil.
Just because you linked to that site, Jason:

Old 05-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just because you linked to that site, Jason:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE BB!!!!!!!!!