The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:27 AM

Default Christine needs to do a solo album.

I love Christine McVie and her music. But, if she's itching so much about getting back to music, then she should put out a 4th solo album.

Write it, have Lindsey produce it, do a small tour and you'll be ready for Fmac.

There is no time like the present to just go for it! Plus the chemistry between Lindsey and Christine is better than ever. (according to them)
Old 03-30-2016, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not a bad idea.If she likes to .She can put the left overs from this new FM album on it and pen some new ones.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-30-2016, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It has been mentioned before, but I think she and Lindsey should put out a Buckingham-McVie album. As they've already collaborated on a lot of music they might as well put it out jointly rather than as a Christine solo effort. A joint venture would probably attract much more media interest/sales than either a CM album or a LB album.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

YESS!!! I would be thrilled if she did another solo record. It's not like she would have to tour for it, since she hates solo tours. A new album from her would be so welcome! I loved "In The Meantime". I actually liked it a heck of a lot better than "Say You Will".
Old 03-30-2016, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
It has been mentioned before, but I think she and Lindsey should put out a Buckingham-McVie album. As they've already collaborated on a lot of music they might as well put it out jointly rather than as a Christine solo effort. A joint venture would probably attract much more media interest/sales than either a CM album or a LB album.
I agree completely. I'd love to hear a CM/LB album!!!!!

Or just give Old What's Her Name her walking papers.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:34 PM

I would love a B/M so much more than a B/N. I don't really get B/N.

The first album was amazing. Their work in FM up to Tusk was amazing. Anything really after than is subpar to good (at best).
Old 03-30-2016, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I would love a CM new album and tour. I bet she would love to hit the road with Bob Welch (if he was still around) to dig up the good classics.
But reality sinks in. In 1984 Christine had a hit record and sung most of the Mac hits and could not get 1000 people to a concert hall. I would be there and so would most of us but the logistics and profits have to come into account. However, I bet she would love to do it. Could you imagine hearing classics like Why, Spare me a little and Prove your love in concert? We can only dream. I wish I won the powerball lottery for 500 million. I would pay Christine 10 million to record a new album and pay for her hotel and expenses on a 20 city US tour. I would be in the front row every night
Old 03-30-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I was thinking the same thing the other day. I would love a CM new album and tour. I bet she would love to hit the road with Bob Welch (if he was still around) to dig up the good classics.
But reality sinks in. In 1984 Christine had a hit record and sung most of the Mac hits and could not get 1000 people to a concert hall. I would be there and so would most of us but the logistics and profits have to come into account. However, I bet she would love to do it. Could you imagine hearing classics like Why, Spare me a little and Prove your love in concert? We can only dream. I wish I won the powerball lottery for 500 million. I would pay Christine 10 million to record a new album and pay for her hotel and expenses on a 20 city US tour. I would be in the front row every night
I think she would get more following today than she did back then. I think she could do theater type shows and really be a hit. They have to market it correctly.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree completely. I'd love to hear a CM/LB album!!!!!

Or just give Old What's Her Name her walking papers.

Well I certainly wouldn't want to see her gone but a LB/CM project would put her nose out of joint and bring her running in no time. It seems she does need knocking off her perch a bit.

I'm sure CM would do something as Buckingham Nicks or as a FM 4-piece and I'm sure LB would too as he just wants to be creative and isn't (too) worried about the money.

I reckon the only one that might try to hold them back would be Mick as he worships the ground Stevie walks on too much (or would be too worried about putting the 2017/18 tour in jeopardy- $$$$$$$)
Old 03-30-2016, 01:43 PM

Great Day
Got A Hold On Me
Trouble
Go Insane
You Are
Mystified
Isn't It Midnight
Bleed to Love Her
Say You Love Me
Wrong
Hold Me
Crystal
I'd Rather Go Blind
Don't Stop

Go Your Own Way
World Turning
Songbird
Old 03-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Great Day
Got A Hold On Me
Trouble
Go Insane
You Are
Mystified
Isn't It Midnight
Bleed to Love Her
Say You Love Me
Wrong
Hold Me
Crystal
I'd Rather Go Blind
Don't Stop

Go Your Own Way
World Turning
Songbird

Oh yes. How good would this be?
(change Songbird for Why?)
Hell, I'd fly out to the States for this if I had to.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Mick and John are on it too, making it 4/5 of Fleetwood Mac. So basically the same as a lot of Tango in the Night. It should be Fleetwood Mac.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Mick and John are on it too, making it 4/5 of Fleetwood Mac. So basically the same as a lot of Tango in the Night. It should be Fleetwood Mac.

Oh yes, I don't disagree. It would be a political move though. Buckingham, McVie, McVie and Fleetwood as 'Fleetwood Mac' would effectively mean Stevie was fired. That just isn't going to happen. It probably should happen but it wont. They could release an album and tour as something else, not fire Stevie, drum up a lot of media interest for 'not being Fleetwood Mac', annoy Stevie, get her running back, do another album with all 5... all good again.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I would commit several felonies to see live:

Say you love me
Loving Cup
Ask Anybody
Got a hold on me
Trouble
Wrong
You Are
Friend
Countdown
Over and Over
Hold Me
Why
Come a little bit closer
Go Insane
Isnt It Midnight
Tango in the Night
Just Crazy Love
Think About Me
Don't Stop
Go your own way

The Smile I live for
Blue Letter
Holiday Road

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-30-2016 at 03:55 PM..
Old 03-30-2016, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love Christine McVie and her music. But, if she's itching so much about getting back to music, then she should put out a 4th solo album.

Write it, have Lindsey produce it, do a small tour and you'll be ready for Fmac.

There is no time like the present to just go for it! Plus the chemistry between Lindsey and Christine is better than ever. (according to them)
lol. deja vu - 1984 all over again?

although, i'm with people who are saying they should put it out as FM album if Stevie is not joining the band in the studio in the next few months. 7 years is way more than enough of them waiting for her. i really have to wonder how her contract with FM looks, considering i'm sure it was worked out by "Stevie's people". it's either that or the greed that makes them keep waiting.

but now when Christine is back and calling Mick every week full of energy and creativity, it's really a shame if nothing is happening.

if they don't put an album out and just go on yet another tour in 2017-2019, that will be just......... no words.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"